PDA

View Full Version : Graham Kavanagh On The Colchester Defeat

thetashkentterror
19-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Post-match interview:
<br> - view external link (http://www.carlisleunited-mad.co.uk/roll/ed15/graham_kavanagh_on_the_colchester_defeat_821890/index.shtml)

Piglet_Phoenix
19-01-2014, 02:56 PM
I think he's unjustified signalling Meppen-Walter out for criticism in terms of the goals we conceded.

Fleming clearly could've done better with the first three goals, he's sluggish and unresponsive. He also made no effort at all for goal four. I'd give Brass a chance if we can't sign another goalkeeper ahead of the next game, surely he can't be more of a liability then this?

In both the Sunderland game and the Orient game a professional standard goalkeeper would've done much better with the majority of goals we conceded.

You have to say that the opportunities that Colchester had were down to collective poor defending, not down solely to individual mistakes. That they converted more of their shots / shots on target than we did was down to the quality of goalkeeper for either side rather than any huge disparity in quality of finishing.

I'm afraid at tier three level you're always going to concede chances as a team unless you're defensively perfect. What you have to do is get yoursel