PDA

View Full Version : John Williams

Saint-Armstrong
19-01-2014, 07:40 PM
Hi guys, Saints fan here as you may have guessed.

Being reported that John Williams, your former chairman, is under consideration to become the new Chief Executive for Katharina Liebherr at Southampton.

I've been told he is from Southampton and is possibly a Saints fan?

Anyway, I just wanted to ask what you think of him?

Would he be a decent appointment? What are his qualities and what sort of person is he?

Thanks and sorry to inconvenience you at all if you feel I have!

Appreciated,

SA

backofthenet
19-01-2014, 07:44 PM
There is no better.

Lucky gits!!

DanRrr
19-01-2014, 07:49 PM
You will not get anyone better. Not because you can't, but because there isn't anyone better as BOTN says.

test
19-01-2014, 08:45 PM
JW is a great appointment, I wish he was still here.:D

Saint-Armstrong
19-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Well this seems pretty positive so far.

The other two linkeds are Purslow (formerly of Liverpool) and Llambias (formerly of Newcastle - please no!!).

I'd much prefer Williams, I imagine.

Anyone able to give a bit more depth or background to what sort of chairman he is?

Thanks

DanRrr
19-01-2014, 09:05 PM
At Rovers he was good at keeping the books kind of balanced. Knew the importance of the fans. Made the odd mistake, but dealt with them, (e.g. Ince). Seemed to enjoy a good relationship with the managers and knew what a bunch of rats SEM were and quit as a result. :blue:

bigmoon
20-01-2014, 06:05 AM
Knows football back to front. Keep your fingers, legs, toes, arms, eyes and testicles crossed that you get him. I wish (I think we all wish) that he was still here...

blue_bruce
20-01-2014, 10:25 AM
Exceptional chairman, one of the best in the business. We aren't just looking back nostalgically or overstating it because Venkys have been so horrific. We were all gutted when he left, and most of us knew the writing was on the wall.

Helped keep us punching above our weight after Jack passed. My only criticism is some of the clauses we let players have, and some of the contractual negotiations. Could have played a bit more hardball. But he knows how to make a club perform better than it should be, and how to talk to the fans. I'm very jealous of you lot right now. We need him back.

joinerpat
20-01-2014, 11:55 AM
What more in-depth do you need SA, The man is a genius where running a football club is concerned,,It was a very sad day for Rovers when he left. :blue:

jordan12rhodes
20-01-2014, 01:30 PM

Being reported that John Williams, your former chairman, is under consideration to become the new Chief Executive for Katharina Liebherr at Southampton.

Would he be a decent appointment? What are his qualities and what sort of person is he?

Appreciated,

SA

he`ll fire the argie and appoint sam allardyce asap.. >:)

in truth, overrated by many of our fans imo. derek shaw ain`t doing much differant for us this season..

champs95
20-01-2014, 01:33 PM

Appreciated,

SA

he`ll fire the argie and appoint sam allardyce asap.. >:)[/quote]

or hire Paul Ince instead like he did at Rovers!!!
And Brian Kidd.

blue_bruce
20-01-2014, 04:05 PM
derek shaw ain`t doing much for us this season..

Fixed it for you.