PDA

View Full Version : Rams goal dedicated to former Forest owner

Bloomeram
20-01-2014, 08:50 AM
Rams goal dedicated to Forest owner - view external link (www.derbycounty-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/rams_goal_dedicated_to_former_forest_owner_821941/index.shtml)

Rapid
20-01-2014, 12:09 PM
ok. time to be a heartless *******.

why?

of course it's his right to dedicate goals to whoever he likes, especially his god father...but what was the significance of doing it for his first derby goal?

he had about 18 for MK dons to make that kind of statement. why do it when you score a goal for your arch rivals?

I don't get it.

OldRamsFan
20-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Not a wise thing to do.

hantsram
20-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Unless it was an ironic swipe at Forest :-D

Rapid
20-01-2014, 01:26 PM

I very much doubt it seen as doughty was a life long forest supporter.

bamford also talked about us as a 'stepping stone'. anyone would think we're burton albion or something. really that and the goal dedication thing are all a bit disrespectful to derby tbh.

he generally spoke well in his interview after the game but I just hope he appreciates what playing for this club means.

ramman
20-01-2014, 01:57 PM

bamford also talked about us as a 'stepping stone'. anyone would think we're burton albion or something. really that and the goal dedication thing are all a bit disrespectful to derby tbh.

he generally spoke well in his interview after the game but I just hope he appreciates what playing for this club means.[/quote]

When I heard the "stepping stone" bit on radio I also thought maybe a bit disrespectful

Trickytreesreds
20-01-2014, 02:01 PM

he generally spoke well in his interview after the game but I just hope he appreciates what playing for this club means.[/quote]

When I heard the "stepping stone" bit on radio I also thought maybe a bit disrespectful[/quote]

Not very well put I admit, but he isn't lying. He's a Chelsea player, on loan for game experience.
In essence he has no love of DCFC, his wages are paid so he plays. His dreams are of the prem and Champions league.
You shouldn't take it personally, he isn't your player, so you won't be keeping him.

Manofpride
20-01-2014, 02:17 PM

When I heard the "stepping stone" bit on radio I also thought maybe a bit disrespectful[/quote]

Not very well put I admit, but he isn't lying. He's a Chelsea player, on loan for game experience.
In essence he has no love of DCFC, his wages are paid so he plays. His dreams are of the prem and Champions league.
You shouldn't take it personally, he isn't your player,

Popsidepaul
20-01-2014, 02:31 PM

You shouldn't take it personally, he isn't your player,

Rapid
20-01-2014, 03:24 PM

You shou

Fletch_11
20-01-2014, 04:35 PM

In essence he has no love of DCFC, his wages are paid so he plays. His dreams are

Bear DCFC
20-01-2014, 04:37 PM
He can dedicate his goals to "Thor God of Thunder" for all I care, as long as he keep scoring I couldn't give a ****.

Fletch_11
20-01-2014, 04:45 PM
[quote="Bear DCFC" for all I care, as long as he keep scoring I couldn't give a ****.[/quote]

Well worth a 'like' mate! :star:

Addisons_a_monster
20-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Sad fact but true, I used to look after young Mr Lascelles while his dad was playing basketball at Moorways... God I feel old(er)!!

Rapid
20-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Sad fact but true, I used to look after young Mr Lascelles while his dad was playing basketball at Moorways... God I feel old(er)!!

**** me! I've only just put 2 and 2 together. is he the son of tim? i.e. the old derby storm SG?

I never knew. I used to watch the storm every home game back in the days of yorick Williams, rico alderson, nate reinking and of course...tim. what a team it was too. well I never.

dph
20-01-2014, 08:53 PM

In essence he has no love of DCFC, his wages are paid so he plays. His dreams are

swaledale
20-01-2014, 10:13 PM
[quote="Bear DCFC" for all I care, as long as he keep scoring I couldn't give a ****.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more, if his goals help us stay in the top 6 then he can do or say what he wants!

TFGaribaldiRed
20-01-2014, 10:18 PM

**** me! I've only just put 2 and 2 together. is he the son of tim? i.e. the old derby storm SG?

I never knew. I used to watch the storm every home game back in the days of yorick Williams, rico alderson, nate reinking and of course...tim. what a team it was too. well I never.[/quote]

Yes Rapid, Jamal's dad is the same Tim Lascelles who used to play for Derby Storm, and Jamal's brother Remi now turns out for them.

Rapid
21-01-2014, 11:39 AM

In essence he has no love of DCFC, his wa

Rapid
21-01-2014, 11:42 AM

I never knew. I used to watch the storm every home game back in the days of yorick Williams, rico alderson, nate reinking and of course...tim. what a team it was too. well I never.[/quote]

Yes Rapid, Jamal's dad is the same Tim Lascelles who used to play for Derby Storm, and Jamal's brother Remi now turns out for them.[/quote]

what a small world. I went to a game a year or two ago and saw tim with 'his son' which must have been remi, I noticed he played. they'd won something like 30 straight games, I went and they got hammered by reading (I think). they were woeful to. bit of a star player at PG tho

Rattea
21-01-2014, 01:17 PM
Yet again people wanting to hear what and force people what they want to say and not give the truth and how it is!!!!

It beggars beleivf why all of a sudden football changes all the rules and you have to love the club and pretend to be something you are not!

Its a job plain and simple!

I know an ex Derby player and Derby supporter and Derby lad who told me if florest came in with a decent offer and a pay cheque he would have no problems!

How many people on here have switched jobs to work for a competitior? I bet half of those saying it isnt right in football on here have done it themselves... ;)

roger_ramjet
21-01-2014, 01:37 PM
I hate to admit it, but the Rat is right.

There, I've said it, deep breaths, calm down, panic attack over...

I have no real loyalty to my employer, and I am self employed, so why should a footballer?

In the 50's maybe when you tended to play for your "local team" but in today's era of mercenaries with global reach, there is no reason that you should support the team you play for.

Mickleover_Ram
21-01-2014, 02:49 PM
I for one am happy he said what he did, He is on loan so will go back to chelsea, however while he is here...

He stated he sees us as a stepping stone and that means he has aspirations to be playing for Chelsea in the premiership.

Well the only way he will do that is by impressing Jose and that means scoring goals for us. so I hope he is DESPERATE to play for them and he scores us a hatful of goals for us in an effort to make his dream come true.

Toggles
21-01-2014, 05:24 PM
I'm not too pleased with the 'stepping stone' comments. Wasn't when Keane made similar, too.

Yes, we all know that's the reason they're here, but it doesn't need nailing in quite so much.

'I just want to enjoy my time here and get match experience at a good level. Who knows, in the future the situation might arise where myself or the club are in a position to make things permanent, and from what I've seen here so far, that be great. but for now i'm just concentrating on giving my best each game'

Would be much nicer!

Wonder if the 'stepping stone' type comments irk any of the 1st team players at all...

Rattea
21-01-2014, 05:32 PM
How many first team players do you think dont want to go onto bigger and better things!

Estace might be thinking its his last stop so not bothered and all the others would love to play for one of the big boys. If you dont aspire higher and higher in a sport then your in the wrong profession!!!

I think most would like to see it as a stepping stone!

Not sure I'm liking roger agreeing with me ... I may have to do a U Turn :p

roger_ramjet
21-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Wouldn't be the first time!!

swaledale
21-01-2014, 06:48 PM
I too have to admit that Rat actually makes sense in his ost and have now gone and had a lie down!

To be fair he can when he puts his mind to it, his posts can be sensible factual and well thought out..i reckon the rest of the time he is just being an agent provocateur!!

Trickytreesreds
21-01-2014, 07:05 PM
I too have to admit that Rat actually makes sense in his ost and have now gone and had a lie down!

To be fair he can when he puts his mind to it, his posts can be sensible factual and well thought out..i reckon the rest of the time he is just being an agent provocateur!!

I hope you use plenty of lube

Akwesasne
21-01-2014, 07:23 PM

I hope you use plenty of lube[/quote]

Still obscessed, and it's spreading to this board. Every board has one or two, and regretfully he's ours.Sorry Folks.:(

Trickytreesreds
21-01-2014, 07:28 PM

I hope you use plenty of lube[/quote]

Still obscessed, and it's spreading to this board. Every board has one or two, and regretfully he's ours.Sorry Folks.:([/quote]

For the last time... "it's obsessed"
you illiterate oik. God you're imbirazing XD XD XD

Akwesasne
21-01-2014, 07:35 PM
That was quick, camping out on here now are you. That's what I call a spreading obscession. At least it gives a whole lot of females a bit of respite if what you say is to believed and not fantasy.:P

Trickytreesreds
21-01-2014, 07:46 PM
That was quick, camping out on here now are you. That's what I call a spreading obscession. At least it gives a whole lot of females a bit of respite if what you say is to believed and not fantasy.:P

Let me help you Basie.

obAsess
[uhb-ses] Show IPA
verb (used with object)
to dominate or preoccupy the thoughts, feelings, or desires of (a person); beset, trouble, or haunt persistently or abnormally: Suspicion obsessed him.
verb (used without object)
to think about something unceasingly or persistently; dwell obsessively upon something.

I type something and you dive in feet first
You type something and everyone either ignores it, or falls into a coma. Get it yet? XD XD XD

TFGaribaldiRed
22-01-2014, 02:04 PM

Yes Rapid, Jamal's dad is the same Tim Lascelles who used to play for Derby Storm, and Jamal's brother Remi now turns out for them.[/quote]

what a small world. I went to a game a year or two ago and saw tim with 'his son' which must have been remi, I noticed he played. they'd won something like 30 straight games, I went and they got hammered by reading (I think). they wer

Rapid
22-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Yet again people wanting to hear what and force people what they want to say and not give the truth and how it is!!!!

It beggars beleivf why all of a sudden football changes all the rules and you have to love the club and pretend to be something you are not!

oh dear rat. is that you not reading peoples post's properly? how ironic!

name one instance of anyone on this thread saying that bamford has to 'love the club'.

Rattea
22-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Big difference Rapid in saying someone must think, act and say what someone wants them to like this thread was started when compared to raising a different point of view, showing evidence and asking questions ... they are polar opposites.

Unless of course the other party is not of the level to comprehend and consider anothers opinion, look open mindedly at evidence and agree to disagee ;)

The defenition or Irony

1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, ?How nice!? when I said I had to work all weekend.
2. Literature.
a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
b. (especially in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., especially as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.

ramspride
22-01-2014, 06:10 PM
Don't forget even Steve Bloomer left Derby for Middlesborough and played for them for 4 years. He is reported as saying he had no dissatisfactions at the time.

Maybe Bamford will grow to love us. I hope noone starts barracking him like they did to Commons that will serve no purpose whatever.

Akwesasne
22-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Being as you don't own him that will be difficult. He is just like a library book and has to returned on the due date.;)

Rapid
22-01-2014, 07:21 PM
[quote="Rattea"]Big difference Rapid in saying someone must think, act and say what someone wants them to like this thread was started when compared to raising a different point of view, showing evidence and asking questions ... they are polar opposites.

Unless of course the other party is not of the level to comprehend and consider anothers opinion, look open mindedly at evidence and agree to disagee ;)

The defenition or Irony

1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, ?How nice!? when I said I had to work all weekend.
2. Literature.
a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
b. (especially in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., especially as a means of indicating detachm

swaledale
23-01-2014, 12:54 PM
Then he goes and spoils it by a patronising post which is designed to show his suposedly superior intellect.

I do worry about his inferiority complex given that he repeatedly has to try and prove something in his posts rather than just sticking to facts, ah well I guess being "King" of this forum is the highest accolade he will possibly achieve in his life!!

Rapid
23-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Then he goes and spoils it by a patronising post which is designed to show his suposedly superior intellect.

hence the cringe.

swaledale
25-01-2014, 12:45 AM
Indeed