PDA

View Full Version : Emanuelle Adebayor

danegee
20-01-2014, 01:37 PM
As you now, I have not been Adebayor's biggest fan.
I do not doubt his ability as a goalscorer or a player but I do doubt his attitude.
Today I have just watched the SS interview with him. It is the first time I have heard him talk in any depth.
I have to say watching that has given me a dilemma, as he actually seems like a great bloke.
What he had to say on AVB touched me. Vey respectful indeed and not at all resentful. Humble.

I am really amazed at the effort he has been putting in recently.
I was talking to some who are astounded at his work rate, amongst them my cousin -who's a gooner - who could not believe when he ran 50 yards chasing a ball v Manure away.

Scepticism, due to previous behaviour, says he's after something...wage rise/new contract as Togo are not in the WC.

I still can't help but feel Ade is a inevitably going to be liability. However, everyone can change, can't they?
Has he sussed that he is not the centre of the universe?
I really hope, as he says, he has 'beco

DEVONSPUR
20-01-2014, 02:48 PM
And so say all of us!!!
B)

Spurs_Bogman
21-01-2014, 02:13 PM
I've just watched the Sky Sports interview and was similarly impressed with him. There's no doubting he's been through some serious $hit over the last few years.

However, I still harbour concerns. Whilst we're winning, he's playing and scoring, and all seems generally hunky dory then he'll be fine. It's when the chips are down and we need him to show his true mettle that I think we should really judge him.

But give me Ade ahead of Harry Kane any day!

DEVONSPUR
21-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Yes from what ive seen of Harry he has no pace and ball control not good enough for us tho' obviously a shoe in for the Spammers if they could afford him!!

XD XD XD