PDA

View Full Version : Derby v Forest on Sky

Manofpride
20-01-2014, 02:22 PM
DERBY v Forest on Sky Sports March 22.

Kick off at the earlier time of 12.15pm. - view external link (http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-s-home-clash-rivals-Nottingham/story-20467281-detail/story.html)

OldRamsFan
20-01-2014, 04:16 PM
FFS! They'll have them on at breakfast time before long! ****ers!

ramspride
20-01-2014, 04:37 PM
The police generally bring the KO of this game forward anyway so it makes no difference.

ellafella
20-01-2014, 05:04 PM

Kick off at the earlier time of 12.15pm.

...and thereby almost ensuring that the day, and game as a spectacle is ruined yet again.
:s

tricky1972
20-01-2014, 06:06 PM

...and thereby almost ensuring that the day, and game as a spectacle is ruined yet again.
:s[/quote]

It's only been brought forward by 45 minutes, it already planned for 1pm :?

swaledale
20-01-2014, 10:10 PM

:s[/quote]

I do prefer games to kick off at 3pm, but whilst an early kick off or indeed random kick off times does make travelling to games by fans who live a distance away, I don't see how it ruins the spectacle.

I suppose at the heart of this is whether TV and in particular SKY has been of benefit to the game, or just the premier league?

in this case, we will have a full house and the TV revenue plus welcome exposure for the side, with some additional revenue through advertising and maybe future revenue opportunities?

Plus it will enable a few thousand fans who can't attend the game to see the match.

Whilst in our hearts many would love tor eturn tot he days when games all kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday, t

Manofpride
22-01-2014, 04:27 PM
As long as we get the 3 points I'm not bothered what time it starts! It's just that when you leave the ground at 2.30 and go for a quick pint it turns into an all nighter, then a rollicking from the other half because you've just walked in covered in Kebab and stinking of ale. Women just don't understand!

Akwesasne
22-01-2014, 04:42 PM
MOP- I would have thought that you're ale consuming time is unchanged, instead of before the match it is now after.:?