PDA

View Full Version : Team changes for MK Dons game

AlexLeicester
20-01-2014, 02:48 PM
SD says on the OS that he is looking to make a couple of changes to the starting 11 for the MK Dons game. I would humbly suggest that:
1. Evans replaces Osman, who goes to the bench for a rest.
2. Pogs comes in as a replacement for AJ - while Uche rests his ankle on the bench and then comes on for the last 30 minutes.

I'd love to rest Mellor and Ellis as well, and maybe Duggie could replace Ellis?

They're all massive games now, but I think we can sneak this.

Alex 2 MK Dons 1

chinaalex
20-01-2014, 04:54 PM
SD says on the OS that he is looking to make a couple of changes to the starting 11 for the MK Dons game. I would humbly suggest that:
1. Evans replaces Osman, who goes to the bench for a rest.
2. Pogs comes in as a replacement for AJ - while Uche rests his ankle on the bench and then comes on for the last 30 minutes.

I'd love to rest Mellor and Ellis as well, and maybe Duggie could replace Ellis?

They're all massive games now, but I think we can sneak this.

Alex 2 MK Dons 1

You read my mind. NO idea why AJ keeps getting so many chances. Pogba MUST start.

NEVTHEDEV
21-01-2014, 01:36 AM
Not much been said about Uche Ikpeazu.
I thought the game changed for the better when he came on,not afraid to get stuck in,showed his strength,and some fancy footwork.
Would have liked him to have come on earlier,or even start from kick off.
I know it`s been said on another thread but the ref was really rubbish.L/O really did have 12 men on the pitch.
I have also said on here before,about our throw ins(sick of saying it actually,but maybe it will filter through,to the management}we need to take them quicker,we need someone to run up and take it,not wait till the oppos,gather around.9/10 we give them the ball,and that puts us back under pressure.

lestiverton
21-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Not much been said about Uche Ikpeazu.
I thought the game changed for the better when he came on,not afraid to get stuck in,showed his strength,and some fancy footwork.
Would have liked him to have come on earlier,or even start from kick off.
I know it`s been said on another thread but the ref was really rubbish.L/O really did have 12 men on the pitch.
I have also said on here before,about our throw ins(sick of saying it actually,but maybe it will filter through,to the management}we need to take them quicker,we need someone to run up and take it,not wait till the oppos,gather around.9/10 we give them the ball,and that puts us back under pressure.
Agreed. The times the game loses momentum as we wait for either Tootle or Mellor to come over to take the throw-in.

Adester
21-01-2014, 09:50 AM
I think Uche Ikpeazu was very good BUT I also think he was close to getting booked or a sending off. especially with that Ref!

Although its good to see some physical prowess on the field and he did at one point make L/O look fools when he had the ball in the corner with about 3 round him, my concern is that if he looks to be too physical he will get booked.

I hope this wont happen of course and at first look he seems to have a very bright future ahead of him. Lets hope he starts banging them in on as regular a basis as he is used to.

Crewe313
21-01-2014, 09:59 AM
With regards to throw ins, I think it is so embedded into the team that we will never work on them. Only benefit I see in how long it takes to take one, is that it gives the opposition a little less time to pound our goal with shots.

It hasn't changed in years and I now don't get worked up about it. Better just resign yourself to the fact that they will never change.

I think as a good will gesture every throw we get we should just let the opposition take it for all the good it does for us taking it.

somersetcrewe
21-01-2014, 10:58 AM
I think as a good will gesture every throw we get we should just let the opposition take it for all the good it does for us taking it.

But if we'd done that at Wembley - vs Cheltenham ... ;D

Crewebeedoo
21-01-2014, 11:32 AM
1.Please don't keep persevering with AJ, for all his effort he's still something of a a "headless chicken" and reminds me of a certain Robbie Savage when he was here - all running and no end product.

2. Said it too many times to mention but if things aren't going our way for God's sake change it and put a sub on! Do we really have to wait at least 70 minutes to see any changes? No other manager seems to wait this long :? :?

3. Uche did make a difference when he came on on Sat so would like to see him start tonight, or at least give Pogba longer. We were far too lightweight on Sat and won nothing in the air. Having said that, one of the best headers in the squad is Vadaine Oliver who should feel slightly miffed that he can't get in the current team. Always gives 100% effort when he plays.

Let's all get behind the lads tonight and cheer them on to victory!:D