PDA

View Full Version : KEOGH

HOODIE
20-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Like many, I thought Keogh was immense on Saturday and we looked far more solid as a defensive unit.

Now without wanting to turn this into a Nigel Clough thread but could he have been right, if as suggested some time ago on here, that when Sam Rush wanted to bring in Keane NC had (apparently) said no because Keane was no better than what we had?

Fletch_11
20-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Like many, I thought Keogh was immense on Saturday and we looked far more solid as a defensive unit.

Now without wanting to turn this into a Nigel Clough thread but could he have been right, if as suggested some time ago on here, that when Sam Rush wanted to bring in Keane NC had (apparently) said no because Keane was no better than what we had?

It's my guess that Keane was being lined up as Bucko's replacement as in his first interview he said that he had predominantly played on the left side previously (as does Whitbread). The reality is that Jake Buxton is looking a much better player now than at any time previously so is keeping the place on merit. We would still need cover given the Barker/O'Brien situation though.
(There no mention of Clough ;D )

ramspride
20-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Keogh is now a better player because of better coaching. He now does surging runs from defence into the opponents half something he never used to do. I must omit I wasn't a great Keogh fan but he certainly is getting better with each game and we did miss him when he was injured. He is not the only player to improve greatly under the new management team John Eustace is also giving the side more.

D_D
20-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Keogh is now a better player because of better coaching. He now does surging runs from defence into the opponents half something he never used to do. I must omit I wasn't a great Keogh fan but he certainly is getting better with each game and we did miss him when he was injured. He is not the only player to improve greatly under the new management team John Eustace is also giving the side more.

Keogh's always tried those surging runs.

I remember saying to my unlce last season, "Shackell could never carry the ball out like that." So I don't think we can credit the new coaching for that one. However, our defensive play has certainly improved.

Rapid
21-01-2014, 06:25 AM
I think it's irrelevant because you can't get by with just 2 centre backs all season. whether or not Keogh is better than keane we still needed both of them in the squad.

dcfcdavecov
21-01-2014, 09:16 AM
I think it's irrelevant because you can't get by with just 2 centre backs all season. whether or not Keogh is better than keane we still needed both of them in the squad.

Yup. Never understood the fact that Clough didn't want competition for places at the back. And would just see who was there when an injury or suspension was picked up.

Odd.

Rattea
21-01-2014, 12:48 PM

I remember saying to my unlce last season, "Shackell could never carry the ball out like that." So I don't think we can credit the new coaching for that one. However, our defensive play has certainly improved.[/quote]

amazing what people forget to suit. There have been a few threads on here about him pushing forward before.

Its a habit people have got comparing the current team against that of a few years ago. Remember who essentially build the current t

swaledale
21-01-2014, 01:06 PM

I remember saying to my unlce last season, "Shackell could never carry the ball out like that." So I don't think we can credit the new coaching for that one. However, our defensive play has certainly improved.[/quote]

amazing what people forget to suit. There have been a few threads on here about him pushing forward before.

Its a habit people have got comparing the current team against that of a few years ago.

Gift_of_the_Gabb
21-01-2014, 01:29 PM
amazing what people forget to suit.

http://i41.tinypic.com/21ok13.gif

blackandwhite56
21-01-2014, 01:41 PM

Its a habit people have got comparing the current team against that of a few years ago.

dcfcdavecov
21-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Didn't Danny Mills say that Schteve was the best defensive coach he had worked with?

Wouldn't suprise me if Keogh has been watching a lot of DVD's and had a lot of instruction form McClaren while he has been out.

He was brilliant.

Also, i think our slump/poorer performances coincided with the lack of time on the training pitch over the Xmas period. Forsyth said that they had got back to the basics of the good run this week to refresh what they were doing before Xmas. He said that he couldn't believe the simple things that they had forgotten. Looking forward to the next few matches.