PDA

View Full Version : dj cambell to millwall

blueandwhiteheart
20-01-2014, 04:59 PM
im hearing that DJ has gone to millwall on loan.
cant say i will miss him or his goals :D

DanRrr
20-01-2014, 05:01 PM
You are hearing right: http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/lions-call-for-campbell-1306481.aspx

Exodus, movement of jah people - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWw_gP0vDfE)

Howie5o
20-01-2014, 05:21 PM
So i take it GB just played Campbell to get him in the shop window ..no intention of being part of his plans then ?

jordan12rhodes
20-01-2014, 05:26 PM
it seems to suggest what others have been saying, that dj was an appleton signing that we couldn`t pull out of..

this though to me is the beginning of the cost cutting, moving all these players out. think it`s possibly an acknowledgment we gonna come up short in the promotion race.

DanRrr
20-01-2014, 05:29 PM
We'll never know Howie. Maybe gave him a chance an saw the same as the rest of us, nowt.

Holloway is hardly shop window, as he played his best football under him. But like I say, we just don't know.

Or care XD

Howie5o
20-01-2014, 05:33 PM
it seems to suggest what others have been saying, that dj was an appleton signing that we couldn`t pull out of..

this though to me is the beginning of the cost cutting, moving all these players out. think it`s possibly an acknowledgment we gonna come up short in the promotion race.

well i always thought it was common knowledge he wasnt Bowyers signing ...

Just goes to show IMO GBs team selection for the Leeds game game was just a fluke ..3 upfront ..and it came off ..no intention of playing that way again ..which we havnt ..and Campbell moved on ...again GB still struggling to come to terms with his best starting eleven

Howie5o
20-01-2014, 05:35 PM
We'll never know Howie. Maybe gave him a chance an saw the same as the rest of us, nowt.

Holloway is hardly shop window, as he played his best football under him. But like I say, we just don't know.

Or care XD

XD ..im not complaining Dan..hes done nowt and good riddance ..

DanRrr
20-01-2014, 05:36 PM

That was the contract Cr@pleton took him on. So it's not really what others have been saying. It's a fact.

As for cost cutting, of course. What's the point of paying players that don't play? Our squad is packed with 3rd rate players on lurative contracts, it's not rocket science. We'd be offloading them even if we were top of the table.

Leon Best anyone?

jordan12rhodes
20-01-2014, 05:39 PM

Just goes to show IMO GBs team selection for the Leeds game game was just a fluke ..3 upfront ..and it came off ..no intention of playing that way again ..which we havnt ..and Campbell moved on ...again GB still struggling to come to terms with his best starting eleven[/quote]

i`m also beginning to get the feeling a more experienced manager could have gotten more out of the squad that we have..

but who knows..?

jordan12rhodes
20-01-2014, 05:41 PM

That was the contract Cr@pleton took him on. So it's not really what others have been saying. It's a fact.

As for cost cutting, of course. What's the point of paying players that don't play? Our squad is packed with 3rd rate players on lurative contracts, it's not rocket science. We'd be offloading them even if we were top of the table.

Leon Best anyone?[/quote]

i personally can see both dann and rhodes going now before the window shuts..

Howie5o
20-01-2014, 05:45 PM

Just goes to show IMO GBs team selection for the Leeds game game was just a fluke ..3 upfront ..and it came off ..no intention of playing that way again ..which we havnt ..and Campbell moved on ...again GB still struggling to come to terms with his best starting eleven[/quote]

i`m also beginning to get the feeling a more experienced manager could have gotten more out of the squad that we have..

but who knows..?[/quote]

i do agree with you..The fact is Saxo ..even with a hug

jordan12rhodes
20-01-2014, 06:36 PM

but who knows..?[/quote]

i do agree

Bobcrompton1896
20-01-2014, 06:41 PM
This is great news that DJ is going out to Millwall. Still a huge amount of deadwood to move,but at least its a start. :D

As you say,we could do worse than follow Burnleys example. B)

jordan12rhodes
20-01-2014, 06:45 PM
This is great news that DJ is going out to Millwall. Still a huge amount of deadwood to move,but at least its a start. :D

As you say,we could do worse than follow Burnleys example. B)

we can follow their example as the club has clearly given up on a promotion challenge, therefore the pressure is now financial fire fighting rather than on the field..

tip of the iceberg springs to mind..

Bobcrompton1896
20-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Not sure about only Gestede and Rhodes,also got Goodwillie back(who I much prefer to DJ from what Ive seen). And theres still young Anthon Forrester @ Bury (who has at least scored for them this season)but I wouldnt be in a hurry to get Jordan Slew back from Ross County ;D

Howie5o
20-01-2014, 06:47 PM

i`m also beginning to get the feeling a more experienced manager could have gotten more out of the squad

jordan12rhodes
20-01-2014, 06:51 PM

i`m also beginning to get the feeling a more experienced man

seventwo
20-01-2014, 06:53 PM
... therefore the pressure is now financial fire fighting rather than on the field.

You're getting there at last

jordan12rhodes
20-01-2014, 06:55 PM
... therefore the pressure is now financial fire fighting rather than on the field.

You're getting there at last[/quote]

i`d have rather we`d been fortunate, and you proven wrong, but to me this has the feel of just the start of something..

accyrover
20-01-2014, 07:07 PM
I don't know if there may be a bit too much being read into it on here. For me he's done nowt, been surrounded by controversy, probably on a decent wage so he's been shipped out on loan. Hardly a shock we've got rid for the time being. Wouldn't be shocked to see Best follow if anyone'll have him. We knew we'd be trying to offload big earners so why get worried when it starts happening, surely it's a good thing we're getting rid?

If that's the case though I'd want to get another cheap striker in, because although I'm leaning towards Rhodes staying IF someone does come in with an 11th hour mega bid we're going to be sorely lacking upfront.

jordan12rhodes
20-01-2014, 07:08 PM
i believe blackpool are after chris taylor on loan..

if that one goes through as well, then it tells us a lot.

champs95
20-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Not sure about only Gestede and Rhodes,also got Goodwillie back(who I much prefer to DJ from what Ive seen). And theres still young Anthon Forrester @ Bury (who has at least scored for them this season)but I wouldnt be in a hurry to get Jordan Slew back from Ross County ;D

Colin Hendry was at Gigg watching Forrester on Sat, he was subbed and didn't do a great deal. He is back in the side now Flicroft is manager. He scored a few early on but has been poor. Having seen him quite a few times this season, he is nowhere near ready for us. We have the person in already to replace DJ Campbell. Gestede. He will be a lot more useful than Best! Goodwillie and Campbell. He's done more already.

Rhodes isn't going now. I felt that since Wells went to Hudds Town.

bigmoon
20-01-2014, 07:21 PM
If that's the case though I'd want to get another cheap striker in, because although I'm leaning towards Rhodes staying IF someone does come in with an 11th hour mega bid we're going to be sorely lacking upfront.

Being linked with Martyn Waghorn... - view external link (http://first4lcfc.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/host-of-clubs-after-leicester-city_20.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_camp)

Peter_Nobles_Wig
20-01-2014, 07:41 PM
"dj cambell to millwall"

What werethe odds on that?! ;D

champs95
20-01-2014, 07:51 PM
[quote="Peter_Nobles_Wig"

What werethe odds on that?! ;D[/quote]

Odds on...like a Dingle coming on making that exact joke ... ;D ...I say joke ...

Peter_Nobles_Wig
20-01-2014, 08:26 PM
XD XD XD

A very funny joke too!

Admit it. He was off-loaded for making you look like Chumps ;D

DanRrr
20-01-2014, 08:38 PM

Leon Best anyone?[/quote]

i personally can see both dann and rhodes going now before the window shuts..[/quote]

Personally I can't. This shipping out, I think (hope) is about hanging on to the players worth keeping and maybe bringing one or two more in, (we signed Gestede and Cairney on the opening day of the window remember).

But if either were to go it would show that the club do

needle
20-01-2014, 09:15 PM

Not heard that one , where did you hear it and what makes it so plausible that you believe it ?
Genuine questions !

AucklandRover
20-01-2014, 09:20 PM

Not heard that one , where did you hear it and what makes it so plausible that you believe it ?
Genuine questions ![/quote]

Surely GB wouldn't go for this. Taylor is one who DOES provide some steadiness, and you can't fault his work-ethic. He hasn't got King's flair, but he's more reliable.

claw84
21-01-2014, 08:29 AM
I doubt that Cambell is fit, however he will be in for a shock next week.

As the whole squad is going to Portugal, they will having intense physical training 3 times a day. It's one of the first things Ollie wants right, lean n mean. :O

Stan_van_nel
21-01-2014, 01:41 PM
that it has worked out for burnley is a very rare example. most clubs with such a small set up end up in a relegation battle, and it`s not yet certain that rovers are safe from that yet..

The last time we had a squad as small as this we won promotion.

There really is no need for a Championship club to have more than 24 players in their squad.

needle
21-01-2014, 09:16 PM

Genuine questions ![/quote]
Just in your mind then.Why????