PDA

View Full Version : Ross County & Tidser

Karl998yr
20-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Ross Countys results have improved the last few weeks. I believe a 4 game unbeaten run.
Is Tidser being there any coincidence?

nys
20-01-2014, 06:45 PM
You've inspired me to read up on him. The consensus is that he has been outstanding so far and to enjoy him while it lasts. They view him as a cultured passer with a powerful shot. Which is pretty much what I've thought, every time I've seen him play.

deMiller
20-01-2014, 06:51 PM
Hes a great passer, his only problem is his pace.

niamh999
20-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Not sure pace is an essential attribute in centre midfield would have thought passing and tackle are more desirable

Karl998yr
20-01-2014, 06:55 PM
He played the full 90 minutes of a decent 3-0 home win over Dundee Utd at the weekend,

I suppose it will all depend on whether he misses being in Scotland as to whether he comes back after his loan ends

nys
20-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Not sure pace is an essential attribute in centre midfield would have thought passing and tackle are more desirable

Yes, but how do you tackle someone if you don't have the pace to track them? It helps to be dynamic, like Milsom and O'Connor, if you like to tackle.

niamh999
20-01-2014, 07:39 PM
You read the game it's all about positional sense not charging around at 100 miles an hour Edgar David's with Barnet last season is an example of doing it without pace

TMiller
20-01-2014, 07:50 PM
you don't need pace in centre midfield. it's about timing your runs and knowing where your man is when the opposition has the ball. scholes, no pace, lampard, no pace, de rossi, no pace, totti, no pace, fabregas, no pace, pirlo, no pace etc etc

1960smiller
20-01-2014, 09:31 PM
you don't need pace in centre midfield. it's about timing your runs and knowing where your man is when the opposition has the ball. scholes, no pace, lampard, no pace, de rossi, no pace, totti, no pace, fabregas, no pace, pirlo, no pace etc etcI get what you say T Miller but please don't put him in the same class has that list.

niamh999
21-01-2014, 08:26 AM
you don't need pace in centre midfield. it's about timing your runs and knowing where your man is when the opposition has the ball. scholes, no pace, lampard, no pace, de rossi, no pace, totti, no pace, fabregas, no pace, pirlo, no pace etc etcI get what you say T Miller but please don't put him in the same class has that list.[/quote]

He's not playing in the top leagues of Europe either

TMiller
21-01-2014, 09:40 AM
you don't need pace in centre midfield. it's about timing your runs and knowing where your man is when the opposition has the ball. scholes, no pace, lampard, no pace, de rossi, no pace, totti, no pace, fabregas, no pace, pirlo, no pace etc etcI get what you say T Miller but please don't put him in the same class has that list.[/quote]

He's not playing in the top leagues of Europe either[/quote]

do you think it would of had the same effect though if i'd have said steve lomas, no pace, gary harkins, no pace, nick daws, no pace, richard hughes no pace? ;D

bigburns
21-01-2014, 12:14 PM

Scholes couldn't tackle!

Frostythemiller
21-01-2014, 12:59 PM
completely agree with you nys. I have always seen Tidser as one for the future. With us out of all cup competitions him going out on loan made sense. he will come back a lot better player

fivetide
21-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Neither of Talbot/Watson had any pace.

One was a brilliant ball winner and the other sprayed the passes about. You don't always have to be a "box to box" midfielder to have a positive effect on the game.

shshsh22
21-01-2014, 01:56 PM
[quote="niamh999"]You read the game it's all about positional sense not charging around at 100 miles an hour Edgar David's with Barnet last season is an example of doing it without pace[/quote

You are joking,he was one of the quickest players on the pitch.Pringle was chasing his shadow all afternoon.
The only slower midfield in this league,is Bradfords,which is why we always beat em.

nys
21-01-2014, 02:33 PM
I agree that tackling and positional sense are most important defensively for a CM. I guess I should clarify my point. All of our central midfielders have good tackling and positional sense. So all things being equal, Frecks, Milsom and O'Connor are better defensively then Arnason and Tidser as they're quicker to press the opposition players.

niamh999
21-01-2014, 03:06 PM
You read the game it's all about positional sense not charging around at 100 miles an hour Edgar David's with Barnet last season is an example of doing it without pace[/quote

You are joking,he was one of the quickest players on the pitch.Pringle was chasing his shadow all afternoon.
The only slower midfield in this league,is Bradfords,which is why we always beat em.

Edgar David's isn't quick at 40 or he'd still be at ac Milan just looks quick because he's much quicker thinking than most l2 players