PDA

View Full Version : Next Up Morton

JRSLEFTPEG
20-01-2014, 10:09 PM
I can clearly see that we have had a revival but lets be honest and say the recent run of fixtures has not been as tough as it will be soon. Saturdays game will be that' test ' even though we have a great record up there and will naturally be confident . Kenny Shiels got his long awaited first win in a very good win at Livvy and they will now be smelling blood, especially with Cowdenbeath and Alloa continuing to flounder. I felt we were lacking in centre midfield against Raith . McShane might well have got the decisive goal ( and thanks a lot Ian) but he continues not to convince me . Lets hope either Young or Burns is passed fit to anchor McKenna in midfield . This will improve Queens immeasurably . Bring it on and lets keep that top four target on the burner .

Aliboy1975
21-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Jr I hate to be the bearer of bad news I think Mckenna could be Suspended after Saturdays yellow card. It took him to 6 I may be wrong but I think Higgins Also could be Missing I hope not or were in touble.

Aliboy1975
21-01-2014, 09:52 AM
And Hopefully St Johnstone dont Recall Big Zander or Mr Antell will have to be Recalled.

palmylad
21-01-2014, 09:56 AM
I'm expecting a tricky game this weekend against a side who had a moral boosting win last Saturday .

It would be tough on the match winner McShane if he loses his place but we're lucky enough to have players like Burns or maybe even a fit again Young who can replace him .

Would also like to see McHugh in action if he's over the slight muscle injury picked up during the warm up

palmylad
21-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Jr I hate to be the bearer of bad news I think Mckenna could be Suspended after Saturdays yellow card. It took him to 6 I may be wrong but I think Higgins Also could be Missing I hope not or were in touble.

Higgins will miss the Livvy game due to his 6th yellow card of the season .

McKenna is on 4 yellows ( league only ) & is two away from suspension as are Burns , Lyle & Holt

Alibi
21-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Kenny Shiels is taking no prisoners in trying to change the Morton team. I think he has already released at least 6 players, including Craig Reid, Mark McLaughlin and our 2 Slovaks, and he has brought in about the same number of new players, including Gary O'Connor who should be reaching reasonable fitness levels by the weekend - clearly a class act but in his first game a couple of weeks ago he made Mark Yardley look anorexic. Going to be difficult to avoid relegation after such an appalling first half of the season but it looks as if he's going to have a right good go at it, and if he fails he will at least have the basis of a decent squad to go through the division below like a dose of salts.

I'm fairly sure it won't be a boring 0-0 draw.

JRSLEFTPEG
21-01-2014, 11:03 AM
Kenny Shiels is taking no prisoners in trying to change the Morton team. I think he has already released at least 6 players, including Craig Reid, Mark McLaughlin and our 2 Slovaks, and he has brought in about the same number of new players, including Gary O'Connor who should be reaching reasonable fitness levels by the weekend - clearly a class act but in his first game a couple of weeks ago he made Mark Yardley look anorexic. Going to be difficult to avoid relegation after such an appalling first half of the season but it looks as if he's going to have a right good go at it, and if he fails he will at least have the basis of a decent squuad to go through the division below like a dose of salts.

I'm fairly sure it won't be a boring 0-0 draw. Hi Alibi - I am sure you reckon Morton can stay up yet. Cowdenbeath will finish bottom and Alloa have hit the skids so still hope .I see Craig Reid has been released . Was he dissapointing ?

flapjack
21-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Riordan has offered to play for Morton too for free!
That's not going to be in place for saturday though.
Anyhoo,nuff about Morton, I feel confident that we can win this on Saturday and with ease.
Cappielow's a great setting and with a noisy queens support it feels as though we can raise the roof. Would love the young team to be in attendance and make some noise. Always entertaining, and hugely beneficial to the team.
I urge all fans who are able, to come and cheer the team to victory.

Northfield53
22-01-2014, 03:30 PM
This will be a step up from the Raith game.
Morton have made some really good signings In the window.
All have S.P.L. experience it will not be long before Morton pull away from from the bottom.
A point here would be a good result.

Alibi
22-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Hi Alibi - I am sure you reckon Morton can stay up yet. Cowdenbeath will finish bottom and Alloa have hit the skids so still hope .I see Craig Reid has been released . Was he dissapointing ?

Going to be hard to get out of this position. I can see us overtaking Cowdenbeath but 15 points to the next group of teams is a lot to pull back with only 16 (?) games to go.

I thought Reid was OK despite playing in a shambles of a team. I think the decision to let him go was more because his short term deal expired and Shiels wanted to get rid of some players to bring in new ones. Had some of the other squad members been on short term deals, I'm sure they'd have been out the door rather than Craig.

Francis_begbie_HFC
22-01-2014, 04:33 PM
hay alibi i take it you used to be a dumfries man now living up that way ,just wondering as its not usual a morton fan would be posting on a queens board lol ,hope you stay up anyways as morton is one of our better away days,and hope cowden and alloa go down as that would make real good championship next year with the rangers and the jambos in the league .

Vera_Cious
22-01-2014, 04:48 PM
where have you been Dougal - Mars ? - Alibi has a firm in town and has been posting on this site for 10 years ;D

Francis_begbie_HFC
22-01-2014, 04:53 PM
yea i know he has always posted on here ,i didnt know he had a firm in dumfries ,i was just wondering where his morton connection came from lol

Alibi
23-01-2014, 12:09 PM
yea i know he has always posted on here ,i didnt know he had a firm in dumfries ,i was just wondering where his morton connection came from lol

I'm from Greenock, but have lived in Dumfries since 1980. Came down here with work, then set up my own business and stayed.

jimmerseybranch
23-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Will be making my fourth trip up of the season and hope to continue my 100 per cent record. So far have seen Queens win 4 0 then 3 0 and a 2 0 for the home win over morton my prediction would mean a single goal victory for the doonhamers

John_fi_Skye
25-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Condolences to the family and friends of the Morton fan who passed away today.