PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Ground

coxy76
21-01-2014, 01:47 AM
I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know of any sites that has the plans of when we was going to rebuild Baseball Ground, i think they was going to know the 3 wooden stands down,

southernram22
21-01-2014, 06:11 AM
think there is an archive of old stuff somewhere contact the club as they have loads of stuff stored. unfortunately Gerald Mortimer could have given you the answer. but alas now he's gone its not quite so easy.

sheffieldrams
21-01-2014, 08:16 AM
What you need is the Derby County v Grimsby Town programme from 26th August 1995.
The Popside had closed as a standing area at the end of the previous season and had been fitted with seats during the close season, reducing the capacity to 17k.
There is an 8 page pull out with drawings and diagrams of what the new ABC stand would look like when completed. It was to be built while the old ABC stand was still in use. Once completed the old Normanton and Osmaston stands were to be be replaced. There had already been approx 800k spent on the Ley stand during the previous summer.
planning permission had been granted in August 1995 and the architects were Hall Grey limited of Derby. All 3 stands were to be completed by 1997.
The cost was to be 10m and the work was due to start in the autumn of the same year.
Delays meant that the plans were put back until December when work was supposed to start on the 4th.
The home game against Norwich City on January 1st has a full page update on the progr

ellafella
21-01-2014, 09:05 AM
[quote="sheffieldrams"]What you need is the Derby County v Grimsby Town programme from 26th August 1995.
The Popside had closed as a standing area at the end of the previous season and had been fitted with seats during the close season, reducing the capacity to 17k.
There is an 8 page pull out with drawings and diagrams of what the new ABC stand would look like when completed. It was to be built while the old ABC stand was still in use. Once completed the old Normanton and Osmaston stands were to be be replaced. There had already been approx 800k spent on the Ley stand during the previous summer.
planning permission had been granted in August 1995 and the architects were Hall Grey limited of Derby. All 3 stands were to be completed by 1997.
The cost was to be 10m and the work was due to start in the autumn of the same year.
Delays meant that the plans were put back until December when work was supposed to start on the 4th.
The home game against Norwich City

Toggles
21-01-2014, 05:05 PM
I remeber there being an issue about knocking down the Baseball tavern, which delayed things a bit. Permission was finally granted, it was razed and then PP was announced!!

I had the Grimsby programme mentioned above until a month ago, when, due to an impending new arrival to the household, I chucked them all into a skip in Tesco car park along with all my old 4-4-2's and various other 'Crap' the wife said I needed to get rid of... >:( not that I'm bitter

AngryRam
21-01-2014, 08:08 PM
I remeber there being an issue about knocking down the Baseball tavern, which delayed things a bit. Permission was finally granted, it was razed and then PP was announced!!

I had the Grimsby programme mentioned above until a month ago, when, due to an impending new arrival to the household, I chucked them all into a skip in Tesco car park along with all my old 4-4-2's and various other 'Crap' the wife said I needed to get rid of... >:( not that I'm bitter

I'm disappointed in you Toggles.. Man up mate.
Skips are for wives, not prized possessions.
>:(

coxy76
21-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Cheers, well have to go on ebay ;D

Edit: just had a look and there is one for sale, msg him to see if it still has the pull out

Toggles
22-01-2014, 09:47 AM

I'm disappointed in you Toggles.. Man up mate.
Skips are for wives, not prized possessions.
>:([/quote]

She let me keep my nads... I'm allowed them on weekends and national holidays!

Rattea
22-01-2014, 10:18 AM
[quote="ellafella"]What you need is the Derby County v Grimsby Town programme from 26th August 1995.
Delays meant that the plans were put back until December when work was supposed to start