PDA

View Full Version : No plans to sell..

PapaLazarou
21-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Apparently, Katharina Liebherr met with Saints' non-playing staff yesterday and assured them that she had no plans to sell the club and is committed to seeing through the project started by Nicola Cortese and her father, adding that she 'wanted to make the club bigger and better'..

She certainly has the means to have a good go at it - now is the time to step and show the drive and determination..

RICKYwillTAKEusUP
21-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Where on earth did you get that quote from Paps?

PapaLazarou
21-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Where on earth did you get that quote from Paps?

I knew there was a meeting going on yesterday, but the quote came from this morning's Star.. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/oor3cc6)

Southerndown
21-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Isn't it a bit strange that she's now so committed to seeing through the project started by NC and her father that she was willing (reluctantly or not) to accept the resignation of NC rather than persuade him to see it through too?
How do you see it?

PapaLazarou
21-01-2014, 12:39 PM
How do you see it?

I don't think it's at all strange.

By all accounts, KL didn't want NC to leave and made him a very attractive offer to remain with the club.

NC chose not to accept that deal, saw out his notice period and departed the company. Not sure what else KL was supposed to do in that situation.

Also worth noting that NC's departure doesn't automatically spell the end of the project - the two are not mutually exclusive.

K5054
21-01-2014, 02:24 PM
As long as the club is stable and has a good management team that care about the club as much as us supporters and the playing staff are on to of their game and content, then what more can we ask.

CostaBaz
21-01-2014, 02:42 PM
I very much hope that the comment, about making the club "bigger and better", are true.

I am sure Lovren, Wanyama and Osvaldo didn't sign for Saints, with the intention of missing out on European competition.

I would also expect players, such as Shaw and Scneiderlin to consider their futures, if we stagnate, with no clear, upwardly mobile plan laid out before them.

I see standing still as the first stage to going backwards.