PDA

View Full Version : The remaining few months of the season ...

DarwenBlue1969
21-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Well thats it having seen us at Forest you can write off any chances of promotion.

WE JUST AINT GOOD ENOUGH.

Time for GB to whittle us down to a settled squad and blood a few more youngsters.

He appears to have steadied the ship and I have seen enough from us to give me confidence that we can push on next season and hopefully have a good crack at promotion.

This is all assuming that we are not penalised by F.A. as they must surely see what is trying to be achieved regarding offloading players.

And Venkys do appear to have left the running on the club to people who are at least qualified to do so.

One last thought :- (Msg to GB, Dunny and rest of team) In my opinion promotion is beyond us this season but a home performance against maybe the best footballing side in England if not Europe if not the World to be repeated at home in March against the Dingles ?????

COYB :D

DanRrr
21-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Although I agree that we're not good enough to get promoted, I wouldn't write anything on or off just yet. The future is an unpredictable thing. A few injuries here and there to teams around coupled with a good run at the end of the season could mean a playoff spot. Then again, other teams picking up results and us winning a few, drawing a few and losing a few means no playoff spot. But where it gets weird is that we almost seem to invariably lose when we're expected to win and win or draw when we're expected to lose. Can this team put a run together, maybe, maybe not. Look at Bolton last season and Reading the season before, anything can happen. It's just whether it happens to us.

That said, if we went up, we would be battered week in week out, as there would be no scope to massively improve the starting 11 due to FFP.

If they play with pride and give it their best, then I won't grumble. I expected mid table at the start of the season and we're doing better than that.

Howie5o
21-01-2014, 12:30 PM
[quote="DanRrr"]Although I agree that we're not good enough to get promoted, I wouldn't write anything on or off just yet. The future is an unpredictable thing. A few injuries here and there to teams around coupled with a good run at the end of the season could mean a playoff spot. Then again, other teams picking up results and us winning a few, drawing a few and losing a few means no playoff spot. But where it gets weird is that we almost seem to invariably lose when we're expected to win and win or draw when we're expected to lose. Can this team put a run together, maybe, maybe not. Look at Bolton last season and Reading the season before, anything can happen. It's just whether it happens to us.

That said, if we went up, we would be battered week in week out, as there would be no scope to massively improve the starting 11 due to FFP.

If they play with pride and give it their best, then I won't grumble. I expected mid table at the start of the season and

seventwo
21-01-2014, 12:49 PM
This forum gets more like Clarets Mad every week with the "regulars" posting about play off ambitions after a win and doom and gloom after a loss.

DanRrr
21-01-2014, 12:54 PM
[quote="seventwo" posting about play off ambitions after a win and doom and gloom after a loss.[/quote]

Yes, I wish you'd stop doing it! :P

XD

Howie5o
21-01-2014, 01:02 PM
[quote="seventwo" posting about play off ambitions after a win and doom and gloom after a loss.[/quote]

We could get worse ...and start discussing tinned fruit
...maybe if you started going again Sven then maybe you could join in too.:P ;D

DanRrr
21-01-2014, 01:30 PM
And we don't relentlessly ask each other for basic PC/laptop advice either. It could be worse.

Any nor do we sink this low on a 'football' forum!!! See link - view external link (http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2111641451)

nelson61
22-01-2014, 02:27 PM
Took a while but here we go again,not sure if you are aware but it ain,t such a big deal to a lot Clarets if we beat you or lose at Deadwood as we have had a great season whether we go up or stay down.

MillHillRover
22-01-2014, 03:36 PM

I wouldn't know, I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in anything on their site.

DarwenBlue1969
22-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Took a while but here we go again,not sure if you are aware but it ain,t such a big deal to a lot Clarets if we beat you or lose at Deadwood as we have had a great season whether we go up or stay down.

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

"ABSOLUTE BOBBINS" if it wasnt such a big deal you would not feel the need to come on here and say "it ain,t such a big deal"

DanRrr
22-01-2014, 07:26 PM

"ABSOLUTE BOBBINS" if it wasnt such a big deal you would not feel the need to come on here and say "it ain,t such a big deal"

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD[/quote]

More to the point DB, why would he feel the need to mention it in response to a comment about messageboard posting? Seems a little off topic to me.

But it obviously doesn't matter XD

needle
22-01-2014, 07:49 PM
It matters,believe me it matters.In fact they`re obsessed by it.So much so they are not content with being 2nd in the League and a possible automatic promotion.Oh no,all that would be worthless if they dont beat us in March .
Sad carnts!

champs95
22-01-2014, 08:06 PM

No big deal at all. Even within your first 53 messages on footy mad, you came on your rivals board to tell them just that.
Irony? What irony ...:D

nelson61
23-01-2014, 09:59 AM
It would appear some of you have not read the original posting in full, and why would we consider you rivals at the moment? pretty sure Man City do not see Man Utd as rivals for the same reason.

nelson61
23-01-2014, 10:08 AM
FAO Needle To be fair we are 3rd in the division not 2nd However understand your mistake as we have been up there so long.

champs95
23-01-2014, 10:39 AM
FAO Needle To be fair we are 3rd in the division not 2nd However understand your mistake as we have been up there so long.

this lads arguing with himself. :D frigging hilarious.

30 odd years of being several divisions below us, never beating us once in that time. and they have half a good season and suddenly they are the top boys. Funny as fk...

you keep coming on here to tell us your not bothered about us, that makes perfect sense to me.

nelson61
23-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Correct funny as F**k

bigmoon
23-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Obviously it doesn't matter, I can tell you now that not one single Dangly will come on here if they do manage to break the 30 year hoodoo this season.

I reckon they won't even celebrate.

alfinyalcabo
23-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Obviously it doesn't matter, I can tell you now that not one single Dangly will come on here if they do manage to break the 30 year hoodoo this season.

there will be nothing to celebrate .

claret1978
23-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Not sure "it dose not matter" we would love it. but i feel burnley are now the better team over a season and have been since you droped.
But thats football. We had our day, you had yours, but when & not saying it will be this season, who knows when! we do beat you, coz it will happen sooner than, (clawing you back for years) i wounder wot you will have to hold onto. Maybe you will admit we are back ontop.
Still dont think we will go up (know us to well) us beat in play offs. you 8th-9th

dunn0709
23-01-2014, 07:06 PM
It would appear some of you have not read the original posting in full, and why would we consider you rivals at the moment? pretty sure Man City do not see Man Utd as rivals for the same reason.

Correct, they don't, mainly because that slot is already taken.

We're their rivals!!! :P XD

Do keep up sunshine.

dunn0709
23-01-2014, 07:21 PM
us beat in play offs. you 8th-9th[/b]

Seems a fair enough assessment to me.

A bit baffled by how both you and your claret pal seem to think half a dozen places in a league has suddenly become a chasm.

People talking about mini leagues within leagues etc in some pathetic attempt at one upmanship, it's all beginning to smack of desperation.
(not just you clarets, other club fans I am talking of).

Bottom line is barring the elite top level breakaway teams in the Prem, for

claret1978
23-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Very much not getting carried away with anything, i do think we are better than you 'at the moment' but i still dont think we are anywere near prem stuff, we dont invest, we have no billionaire owner, and have always (in recent times)been known as a selling club! Our own chairman on bbc said on our relegation from prem " we will take the money and run" and you think you have had it bad with venkys! Lol we have had to put up with it for decades! Lol

dunn0709
23-01-2014, 07:52 PM
[quote="claret1978" and you think you have had it bad with venkys! Lol we have had to put up with it for decades! Lol[/quote]

Kind of the point I was making my friend. "Better than us at the moment" means phuck all.

It's a few places in the league. Means nothing. Beating us would mean a lot. Get promoted and you really have something to crow about. But don't, and IMO we both pretty much start next season level pegging again.(Obv barring admin or something for us) So it would all count for nowt.

Same with the City and Utd example. Looks like City might smash it this year. But what if they don't? What if the

claret1978
23-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Yes you are right even if blackburn or burnley made the promis land i think it crazy to think we could compete. would be more happy if preston came up. we could have a real good season (banter)

bigmoon
24-01-2014, 07:12 AM

there will be nothing to celebrate .[/quote]

I know that you Alferoo will throw the biggest hoedown the travelling community has ever seen. Combine this with drinking your body weight in moonshine, howling at the moon and tugging on your dungaree braces still your shoulders glow red.