PDA

View Full Version : Sacked By Text Message

wolves71
21-01-2014, 04:07 PM
It seems Paul Ince has joined the club of being sacked by text message. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/p5b8ps6)

greystone16
21-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Well maybe so but I would be p*ssed off with him as he appears to have been touting his all over Europe and not trying to get him to resign if it hadn't been his son.

wolves71
21-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Nine defeats in ten games and as you say greystone, his conduct trying to get the best move for his son in the summer probably hasn't helped Blackpool's cause.

MichiganWolf
21-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Well, I doubt he'll be able to make good on his promise to manage Wolves someday. Only way it'd happen is if we stay in this division a couple more years and I hope that that never comes close to fruition!

peterknowlesburnside
21-01-2014, 11:26 PM
Slightly off-topic (but on-topic, if you get me) I was working for Norwich Union in the '90s. NU decided to shut down our office in Waterloo Road, resulting in mass redundancies amongst the administrative staff. I was kept on along with a few others and we were moved to another office at St David's Court (I think - near Horsely Fields). On the first day we were there I got talking to the security guy. He said the offices we were taking over were previously occupied by around 35-40 NU direct sales staff. They were all called in one day to see a video from the management. You guessed it - the sack!

JonDeWolf
22-01-2014, 08:11 AM
I'm looking forward to some time in the future- our friend Mr Barton has become a manager and then he gets the sack- via Twitter :D

PremierWolf
22-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Sacking anyone by text is pretty poor show in my book. :/

At least I phoned the bloke I had to sack a couple of months ago, he never answered but I did have the decency to leave him a short message before I slammed the phone down. >:) ;D

Snetterwolf
23-01-2014, 12:46 AM
I would rather tell someone face to face, surely if the person deserved to get the sack you would get much more satisfaction from it. It just goes to show how times have changed with the ease and convenience of text messages. If your child has a day off school these days you get a text message if you haven't called the school within a certain time limit. Its a cowards way out imo...