PDA

View Full Version : Shrewsbury Town: Graham Turner steps down as manager

wolves71
21-01-2014, 04:21 PM
He's also decided to retire from football management. I have the utmost respect for him and the job he did at wolves. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25833662?)

greystone16
21-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Hear,hear. Another gentleman of the game disappears.

Evewolf65
21-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Great man and one that gave us our dignity back as Wolves fans after such dark days personally his tenure was one I'll remember with particular fondness because of the great times we had following the Boys all over the country. Now I'm just a little sad he won't be coming back to the Molineux in March with The Shrews, so we could properly show our gratitude for what he achieved with our and indeed HIS club
Thanks Graham in my eyes a Wolves Legend!! B)

http://i42.tinypic.com/i72bn6.png

MichiganWolf
21-01-2014, 06:23 PM
Would have been nice if he could have gone out during a run of good form, but Shrews and Wolves owe a lot to him. Hope he stays in football in some way.

MichiganWolf
21-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Great man and one that gave us our dignity back as Wolves fans after such dark days personally his tenure was one I'll remember with particular fondness because of the great times we had following the Boys all over the country. Now I'm just a little sad he won't be coming back to the Molineux in March with The Shrews, so we could properly show our gratitude for what he achieved with our and indeed HIS club

Hopefully he accompanies Shrews there and the PA can announce his and give him a farewell at the Mol he deserves!

Woking88
21-01-2014, 08:15 PM

Absolutely sums it up Eve - well said! :)

wolves71
21-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Supporters look back on certain era's in particular, mine will always be "The Graham Turner Years". As a ****ager, seeing your side win at Wembley and the old fourth and third division titles meant a lot at the time. I could relate to the players in those days.

peterknowlesburnside
21-01-2014, 10:19 PM
As I've said before, on a couple of occasions, Graham is right up there with all of the Wolves legends. I will never forget how he pulled the team up when many of us thought, at best, we would end up in the old Southern League, and at worst, go out of business altogether. A great guy, and I wish him the best.

PremierWolf
22-01-2014, 10:36 AM

http://i42.tinypic.com/i72bn6.png

Spot on Eve.

Let's hope he starts turning up for a few home games.