View Full Version : Jim - Avatars

chiswickmart
21-01-2014, 05:16 PM
When can we load an avatar again?

Did you break this too?

I want to be Daenerys Targaryan!!

Jim
21-01-2014, 06:04 PM
No idea, no news from the tech team yet but I'll let you know when there's an update.

Speaking of Dany, you seen the trailer for series 4 of GoT yet?

chiswickmart
21-01-2014, 06:20 PM
I have seen the trailer yes, looking forward to immensely.

Have you read all the books? Do you know what's going to happen? No spoilers, but surely Daenerys is going to make an attempt on Kings Landing soon. The mother of dragons ought to be unstoppable.

I'd like to think that Jon Snow and Egret meet up again at some point too.

Jim
21-01-2014, 06:43 PM
I've read the books so I know pretty much what to expect but I'm intrigued as to how they're gonna tackle a few things. It's also amusing to see others speculate as to what is going to happen,some suggestions are so far off the mark!

I won't spoil anything but Dany has one or two hurdles to jump before she can think about Westeros and episode 9 of this series should be the nuts.

In fact, the whole series should be the nuts if the second half of Storm of Swords is anything to go by. Such a good book!

harvey_7
21-01-2014, 07:27 PM
When can we load an avatar again

I wondered the same.

Corkhead
22-01-2014, 09:20 AM
I think I've read them all. A Dance with Dragqueens Book 2 After the Feast.? I think that's up to date.

Pentridge
22-01-2014, 09:26 AM
When does the new series start up on Atlantic?

BlueAdder
22-01-2014, 09:45 AM
It would appear that those losing their avatars are the ones who change them often and regularly. Had my for ages and seems to stick.
Must admit that I like people to stick with one avatar as I find them quicker to recognise when scrolling to find particular inputs.

chiswickmart
22-01-2014, 10:21 AM
You lose your avatar n youtry and chage i. It does not allow you to load another one but removes your current one.

Suggest not trying to change yours Bladder.

Southerndown
22-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Are you drunk?

chiswickmart
22-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Are you drunk?

Haha, didn't check that. I just type too fast for this stupid website.

fairy1980
22-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Stupid site, Wish I read this before trying to change mine.

fairy1980
22-01-2014, 01:41 PM

1 Day after the yanks get it.
Monday 7th of April.

Watched two episodes of True detectives very impressed with that very deep.

Also keep an eye out for Black Sails if it comes out here.
Watched the first episode of that and I think it has potential to be right up there.

bluekite
22-01-2014, 03:54 PM
It took me so long to work out how to sort out an avatar I wouldn't dare change mine :D .
I agree with Bladds that it would be nice to see the old familiar avatars back.. when you scroll through there are certain posters that "catch the eye" .

Jim
22-01-2014, 10:50 PM
I think I've read them all. A Dance with Dragqueens Book 2 After the Feast.? I think that's up to date.

Yeah that's the most recent one. Still no idea when the Winds of Winter is going to be released but George R.R. Martin needs to get a move on before the TV show catches him up!

And then he's still got another book to write after that!

Corkhead
23-01-2014, 07:59 AM
Wonder what the odds are on it never being finished. He doesn't look too healthy. An incredible feat of imagination though. I never thought I would ever say this but knocks Lord of the Rings into a cocked hat.

chiswickmart
23-01-2014, 08:11 AM
Wonder what the odds are on it never being finished. He doesn't look too healthy. An incredible feat of imagination though. I never thought I would ever say this but knocks Lord of the Rings into a cocked hat.

I watched the first LOTR and then gave up. Utterly boring. GoT pished on LOTR for a number of reasons. It certainly helps that you can do it in one hour chunks as opposed to 3 hour films. But the storyline moves much faster anyway, has far more interesting characters and best of all, fit women who get their kit off!!

Which brings me back to the subject title - Jimbo, sort the ****ing avatars out!!

Corkhead
23-01-2014, 09:50 AM
But the storyline moves much faster anyway, has far more interesting characters and best of all, fit women who get their kit off!!

Which, after all, is a metaphor for real life. For some. XD

With regards to the avs, I think it makes you look harder without one. The no frills Mike Tyson approach. Stripped right down, black shorts with no logos and no socks. Probably no underpants either.

Andy68
23-01-2014, 01:06 PM

1 Day after the yanks get it.
Monday 7th of April.

Watched two episodes of True detectives very impressed with that very deep.

Also keep an eye out for Black Sails if it comes out here.
Watched the first episode of that and I think it has potential to be right up there.[/quote]

When does True Detectives hit our screens? You streaming from elsewhere Fairy?

chiswickmart
23-01-2014, 01:10 PM
True Detective starts mid Feb on Atlantic. I've got it on my sky reminder service so won't miss it.

Andy68
23-01-2014, 01:42 PM
True Detective starts mid Feb on Atlantic. I've got it on my sky reminder service so won't miss it.

Cheers Mart, excited about GoT too. great TV for those cold winter nights :D

fairy1980
23-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Yeah download mine from elsewhere so I can watch on quiet days at work.