PDA

View Full Version : Crewe vMKDons

NEVTHEDEV
21-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Come on the Alex,1-0 half time.Chuks scores off a free kick.
(only winning cause I`m not there,jinx effect coming in to play}

NEVTHEDEV
21-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Fantastic result for the lads,2-0 second goal a rarity from AJ.
And a clean sheet for Ben,saving a penalty.
Our luck is changing.
Notts C were 2-0 up but still lost 4-3 to Posh,which helps us a bit. ;D :D

AlexLeicester
22-01-2014, 08:14 AM
Great result and well deserved.
Ben was much more than a brilliant penalty save: he looked mature and confident all evening (almost - one early, youthful mistake). Best game I have seen him play.

That said, my MotM was Grant. The lumbering, elephantine and impetuous hulk became a player of vision and skill. AJ's goal, whilst welcome for him, was all down to Grant's build up play. I was not alone in my praise - as the response from the crowd when he was subbed showed.

Praise for MK Dons. For the first 30 minutes they played entertaining and skilful football 'the Alex way'. On a dreadful, greasy, sodden surface their passes went to the man and they seemed to know instinctively exactly where their colleagues were. Thankfully Chuk's goal and half time settled us down and we looked progressively better.

The ref!! Another joke. I burst out laughing when their 'keeper gathered the ball and slid with it in his hands over the line - and the ref. gave a goal kick!

Still, 3 incredibly valuabl

out0lunch
22-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Always liked Grant even when he played against.

I thought he was a great signing for us this Summer but disappointed in what occured early in the season.
he not only tackles but has vision with his passes too

Grant the Enforcer!!

RenegadeDS
22-01-2014, 12:36 PM
The ref!! Another joke. I burst out laughing when their 'keeper gathered the ball and slid with it in his hands over the line - and the ref. gave a goal kick!

If you'd been watching, you'd have seen the offside that the assistant referee was flagging for.

The decision was still wrong, it came off a McDons player and can't have been offside - but that's what was given, not a goal kick.

AlexLeicester
22-01-2014, 12:51 PM

If you'd been watching, you'd have seen the offside that the assistant referee was flagging for.

The decision was still wrong, it came off a McDons player and can't have been offside - but that's what was given, not a goal kick.[/quote]

Can't disagree because I did not see the offside flag; what I saw was the linesman pointing as if it was a goal kick. Maybe that was a second or split second after the offside flag.
He was still a rubbish ref ... :-)

whosbrianwilson
22-01-2014, 02:50 PM
When I woke up this morning...

...MK Dons back 3 and their keeper were still passing the ball between themselves and were still getting absolutely nowhere.

And when they eventually tired of that, came the big lump upfield straight on to the heads of Ellis and Davis.

With those tactics, they wouldn't have scored if we'd still been playing now.

AstonAlex
22-01-2014, 04:09 PM
The Dons seemed like the Swansea City of League 1 . . passed us to death but no cutting edge . . and it didn't matter how easy on the eye they were compared to Orient, they were less of threat, even though we weren't anything like as good in the first 30 minutes as we had been on Saturday.

After we scored we seemed to gain confidence and force them into mistakes; the longer the match wore on, the more the balance of power shifted and we ended up worthy winners I think. Granted, a cracking penalty save was required from Ben but that just lifted us all the more and we could have scored more - hopefully we are saving those for Trannie and Stevenage. The addition of a fitter Pogs and recovered Uche will make that all the more likely.

Timon
22-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Ben's pen save - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEsbLuM3xIM&sns=fb)

Timon
22-01-2014, 05:31 PM
Chuks' goal - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lR0Pdc14ws)

itwasin
22-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Lucky for the first 15min that MKD did not punish Crewe for yet another Lazy sloppy start,and why is SD still playing AJ is it to Pacify DG, Ok he scored about time to! Next one due in around April?

alexbarmy
22-01-2014, 08:05 PM

The decision was still wrong, it came off a McDons player and can't have been offside - but that's what was given, not a goal kick.[/quote]

Can't disagree because I did not see the offside flag; what I saw was the linesman pointing as if it was a goal kick. Maybe that was a second or split second after the offside flag.
He was still a rubbish ref ... :-)[/quote]

The ref had turned his back so the linesman was flagging for the ball out of play - unfortunately he gave a nonsensical goal kick.

If our players had been watching they would have turned and set up ready for a corner

Welsh_Cup_1937
22-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Great save from Ben; that's a genuine penalty save, not just parrying a poor effort away.

MKD keeper will be very disappointed to have let Chuks' free-kick in though. Chuks strikes it well, but it's very central.

RenegadeDS
22-01-2014, 08:21 PM

He was still a rubbish ref ... :-)[/quote]

The ref had turned his back so the linesman was flagging for the ball out of play - unfortunately he gave a nonsensical goal kick.

If our players had been watching they