PDA

View Full Version : Chuks Aneke - an Alex player next season?

AlexLeicester
22-01-2014, 08:36 AM
Chuk's loan ends at the end of the season, when he is also out of contract at Arsenal. I wonder if, like Inman, he sees the Alex as the club where he can build his career?

General consensus is that he is not a PL player and probably never will be, and if he moves to a Championship club he may not get to play and will warm the bench.
Chuks 'fits' with us and I think he is respected by the rest of the squad, I think.

I sat next to Arsenal's 'man in the area' last night and he was reporting back to Wenger on Chuks's progress. He was also asking a lot about Coco, but that did not worry me.

out0lunch
22-01-2014, 09:54 AM
I said last season when he first arrived and people were criticising him that I wish he was one of ours.
I do hope we can get him but wages may be the stumbling block
We sometimes forget how young he is with lots to learn.

Adester
22-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Sorry but I think we have no chance, he's well above our level, despite what some say on here I think he is bound for the prem, his vision for forward passes is excellent. He's ability to keep the ball, his shooting from distance (although we are steadily training this out of him). For me he is the full package and I think that he could easily slot in to a few prem teams.

So basically we've no chance, I'm not sure Arsenal will give him a chance in the first team but there were 35 scouts at the game last night and 15 were from prem clubs so there will be plenty of people aware of him now if they weren't before.

That said, yes I'd love him to come to us but we couldn't afford his wages me thinks. :blue:

RenegadeDS
22-01-2014, 12:35 PM
Not a chance. Not only is he too good to be a permanent Crewe player, I doubt we can afford 10% of what his wages would be.

bonehead
22-01-2014, 12:50 PM
think we said same about Inman

just remind me who he plays for now

not all players need stupid prem wages to live on

some luv playing regular - and Chucks would do that here

Mr Bowler make a cheeky offer - before others do

+ say give Arsenal - 50% sell on

RedandWhiteSpartan
22-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Oh we can dream

AlexLeicester
22-01-2014, 12:53 PM

Ruddy 'Like It' button won't work, but thanks Bonehead. My thoughts entirely. :-)

Adester
22-01-2014, 03:44 PM

Ruddy 'Like It' button won't work, but thanks Bonehead. My thoughts entirely. :-)[/quote]

You know what, me too, I doubt they would go for it but it's worth a punt!

Hope Mr Bowler is reading this site ;D

AstonAlex
22-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Good idea. . . and we can always bump in a signing on fee (and loyalty bonus) for the player from the money saved from the transfer fee to offset the lower wages . . .

itwasin
22-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Crewe can not compete in the Transfer market with Rotherham and Fleetwood so No Chance!!

bonehead
23-01-2014, 11:11 AM
but as we have the player till his contract runs out - sure THE Arsenal would give us first go

and if we agree a deal before his contract runs down then no other clubs will know hes available

which he wont be if we get a move on

i dont use my last t-bag then buy more - i wait till theres a few left then get em

see what im getting at

AlexLeicester
23-01-2014, 11:35 AM
I may be a little naive, but I believe that a season or two with the Alex could do wonders for a player's resale value, especially if they have most of their career ahead of them.

Inman is worth a lot more now than when we bought him, even though he'd shown how good he is when he was on loan. Chuks, the same.

There are ways and means of allowing the player himself to win from sales and sell-ons, and I am sure that our Board is well aware of all of them.

whosbrianwilson
23-01-2014, 11:35 AM
I presume you have heard of football agents, whose job is to tout players to every club possible.

The very thought that "other clubs don't know he's available" is just laughable. Its absolutely nothing to do with Arsenal giving us "first go" - its down to the agent getting the best deal he can for Chuks.

AstonAlex
23-01-2014, 12:45 PM
You are, of course, sadly right about agents. However, there are some good ones and some bad ones and I guess we must hope that Chuks has one of the good guys who has the long term interests of his client at heart rather than a fast buck - yes they do exist!

Dario has also said that Chuks is a lovely fella and that his family are switched on, which always helps when trying to persuade the player.

I think that our experience with Bradden may help our case, but I remain sadly pessimistic. Whatever happens, good luck to the player - he has given the Alex several sublime moments of skill, unlike any other player in our shirt, and I'm more than prepared to forgive him those parts of his game that aren't quite there yet.