PDA

View Full Version : Brayford out in the wilderness

Bloomeram
22-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Brayford looking for loan club - view external link (www.derbycounty-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/brayford_out_in_the_wilderness_822116/index.shtml)

Rapid
22-01-2014, 11:32 AM
I think he was surplus to requirements long before they had their change of manager bloomer.

the grass isn't always greener... but at least the pay packet is. it's like a footballer said recently...

'if you don't play, just remove the L'.

bulmer1889
22-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Trained with us today (blades that is) and has signed on loan can't believe
He's dropped 2 divisions he must think a lot of clough either way we are well happy at getting him

D_D
22-01-2014, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't go as far as to say I knew the bloke, but I've had a fair few chats with him over a beer in Derby. When we talked Derby County, John always spoke highly of Clough, so I'm not all that surprised.

Rapid
22-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Trained with us today (blades that is) and has signed on loan can't believe
He's dropped 2 divisions he must think a lot of clough either way we are well happy at getting him

that's one of the best signings in league 1 history. ignore what a few select idiots say on here - he will be by far the best right back in your league. he was in the championship.

quality quality player at that level.

blackandwhite56
22-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Good defender and good going forwards - he will strengthen the Blades no doubt.

Not surprising he thinks highly of Clough and willing to work for him again.

Hope he and team do well.

Fletch_11
22-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Good defender and good going forwards - he will strengthen the Blades no doubt.

Not surprising he thinks highly of Clough and willing to work for him again.

Hope he and team do well.

That is an immense signing for a League 1 side! He will run riot at other teams left backs!
It would be like us getting Juan Mata on loan! (Both dropping a level below where they can play and both frozen out before any smart **** picks fault with my similarity link ;D )

swaledale
23-01-2014, 01:42 PM
I guess he gets paid whereever he plays, though surpised he went to league one, that will be a boost for the Blades. I guess the combination of it being a manager who he knows, it being near his home and the fact his wages still get piad make it a good option.

yes he was a quality full back in the championship, but not the best and not necessarily premier league quality. I do accept that the fact that it hasn't worked at cardiff is no indication as to whether he could make it in the prem (as a previous poster points out that situation caa happen to a lot of players) but to be fair there wasn't a great deal of interest last summer and no prem clubs seem interested now either.