PDA

View Full Version : Internet Fraudsters...

Altobelli
22-01-2014, 05:23 PM
I was looking on the net for the cheapest Ipad Air 128gb.

The cheapest by far (AŁ100 cheaper) was a company called EGlobal, I generally have a good look into a company before I purchase anything off them on the internet, this time I didn't, probably because I'd been on lates for the last 7 days and could not be bothered at 2:30 in the morning.

I tried paying with my debit card several times but it would not accept it, it told me something was wrong and I could pay by PayPal, I'd only used PayPal about 10 years ago but went ahead with it.

The next day I got an email from them asking for proof of address, to send them my BT service providers email, I told them I probably had a BT email but I had never used it and would never use it in the future, also telling them to either send me my goods or send back my fee.

The next day I got another email from them saying my purchase was in holding waiting for comfirmation of proof from me and would I send a copy of my drivers licence or passpor

alfinyalcabo
22-01-2014, 05:46 PM
I have been reading about them on another web site Alto and it Looks like you have been very lucky to get your money back mate,personally i would rather pay the extra dosh from a local company than deal with these i/net robbers... then again i'm very old fashioned in my ways and dont like putting my details online ..The only one i trust and use is Amazon.co.uk.

Altobelli
22-01-2014, 06:11 PM
Sounds like they are well known.

Yes I usually buy from Amazon Alf, I have now ordered one from them paying the extra A?120, I don't know why I chose EGlobal, I suppose I'm spending too much time with Lawrie XD

Stan_van_nel
22-01-2014, 08:30 PM
I'm the same as Alf, only Amazon have my card details saved.

Thank goodness for reviews eh Alto. I never leave a review for anything though, maybe I should start and help other folk out. :D

gaz1959
22-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Glad you are geeting your folding stuff back Alto ;D

So you seen Laz recently?

Share the love Stan

Alto - don't you get double protection via your credit card and paypal?

What's this I have heard about Amazon's unreasonble working conditions i.e. un-achieveable targets!

All found out via an undercover reporter

Altobelli
31-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Money returned by EGlobal via PayPal and ipad delivered by Amazon, so all turned out well in the end after needless messing about.

Alf, I'm nosey to know where and what was said about EGlobal ?

Stan, like you I never leave reviews, perhaps I also should start, but with EGlobal the reviews on there most probably have done the damage already.

Gaz, not been in Lawrie's company but talking on the phone with him, his ways seem to impact on me XD

alfinyalcabo
31-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Money returned by EGlobal via PayPal and ipad delivered by Amazon, so all turned out well in the end after needless messing about.

Alf, I'm nosey to know where and what was said about EGlobal ?

Stan, like you I never leave reviews, perhaps I also should start, but with EGlobal the reviews on there most probably have done the damage already.

Gaz, not been in Lawrie's company but talking on the phone with him, his ways seem to impact on me XD

here you go mate. B) - view external link (http://www.reviewcentre.com/Online-Camera-Shops/eGlobaL-Digital-Store-www-eglobaldigitalstore-co-uk-reviews_1825903)