PDA

View Full Version : Eric Barnes

ALEXKNOWALL
22-01-2014, 07:11 PM
Can anyone e3xplain why the club have not acknowledged this local, one-club man who played so many games. A minutes applause or silence was surely obligatory?
However they let Ernie Tagg's passing go by a few years ago without any recognition and he was manager 3 times so are we surprised???

itwasin
22-01-2014, 07:35 PM
Disgracefull, but if you knew what happend when the Kit Man Passed away Fleety,it would really Shock you.

dave47
22-01-2014, 07:58 PM
did not for joe maloney or stan kerry nethier

Timon
22-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Can anyone e3xplain why the club have not acknowledged this local, one-club man who played so many games. A minutes applause or silence was surely obligatory?
However they let Ernie Tagg's passing go by a few years ago without any recognition and he was manager 3 times so are we surprised???

Well I for one clearly heard it mentioned at half time over the PA. :?

Timon
22-01-2014, 11:30 PM

Well I for one clearly heard it mentioned at half time over the PA. :?[/quote]

Also aware that it was mentioned in the Orient programme.

ALEXKNOWALL
23-01-2014, 12:46 PM
I stand corrected.Clearly the club acknowledged and decided what they would do

Personally I don't believe it was quite enough as I think we have silences in football now at the drop of a hat. This was not a bit part player but a first team regular for 10+ years

However that's just an opinion

Thanks