PDA

View Full Version : Kelle Roos

DCFC1388
22-01-2014, 07:50 PM
According to Alan Nixon we have signed young goalkeeper Kelle Roos from Nuneaton...in his words Roos is a very good young keeper and a shrewd signing for us. He is ready to play now but in as cover at the minute but ready to go straight in.

Wonder if legzdins is on his way out?

SuperDerbySuperRams
22-01-2014, 08:08 PM
According to Alan Nixon we have signed young goalkeeper Kelle Roos from Nuneaton...in his words Roos is a very good young keeper and a shrewd signing for us. He is ready to play now but in as cover at the minute but ready to go straight in.

Wonder if legzdins is on his way out?

On trial with Liverpool last week. Ex Dutch youth international and played for 3 top flight Dutch teams. Only signed for Nuneaton cus he could only sign for non league. Wanted by Everton, Sunderland, Cardiff according to sky.. Not bad..

DCFC1388
22-01-2014, 08:10 PM
On sky sports at the beginning of the month it said cardiff, sunderland and everton all interested in him. 21 year old dutch youth international from psv youth team only joined nuneaton in nov as he couldnt join a league team as the transfer window was shut, 7 clean sheets in 9 games inc 6 in a row - view external link (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11704/9100081)

southernram22
23-01-2014, 05:50 AM
I should think deeney and atkins are going

DCFC1388
23-01-2014, 12:08 PM
It's now official...2 and 1/2 year deal - view external link (http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-sign-kelle-roos-from-nuneaton-1311431.aspx)

RamFromCornwall
23-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Just been confirmed through the official twitter page. What's his role likely to be then? Bench keeper? Reserves keeper?

HungaryRam
23-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Sounds promising!

Lets just hope that he can replicate or even better the success of the last player we bought from Nuneaton Borough.

nickyd63
23-01-2014, 01:58 PM
I should think deeney and atkins are going

For sure,how many keepers do we need!

Rapid
23-01-2014, 02:02 PM
Just been confirmed through the official twitter page. What's his role likely to be then? Bench keeper? Reserves keeper?

lets hope number bloody 1!

there's been so many goals we've conceded this season that grant should have saved. he has gradually got better but it's definitely an area we can improve imo.

by the tone of the article it's more likely that either legz is leaving or the two that's not worth having around (what's theirs... deany and atkins?). personally I think legz is far too good to warm a championship bench.

sheeeeeeeeeep
23-01-2014, 02:19 PM

there's been so many goals we've conceded this season that grant should have saved. he has gradually got better but it's definitely an area we can improve imo.

by the tone of the article it's more likely that either legz is leaving or the two that's not worth having around (what's theirs... deany and atkins?). personally I think legz is far too good to warm a championship bench.[/quote]

Sorry but I can't agree about Grant. Since Steele took over as keeping coach he has saved our ass in more than a couple of games this season. Was at fault for a goal against Blackpool but other than that he has been outstanding lately.

stamfordram
23-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Have i got this list correct:

Grant
Legzdins
Deeney
Atkins
Morch
Etheridge
Roos

We might want to explore the option of getting Jaka Banovic back in case we get short of GKs (one for the oldies there!)

southernram22
23-01-2014, 02:43 PM
there is also a young German goalie called Behrens with academy.

stamfordram
23-01-2014, 02:48 PM
1 left back , 1 right back and 8 goalies!

Nice to find something to complain about.

Wonder whether Roos can play LB at a push.

HungaryRam
23-01-2014, 03:02 PM
I think Grant has improved a lot and his recent showings prove this.

Against Donny he provided the key moment of the game by saving against Theo.

He was easily our best player against Leicester and helped prevent a cricket score.

And by all accounts he was key to the win against Brighton.

A solid goalie for this level but I would want us to have a more commanding keeper if we were to get promoted.

Who knows, maybe this young Dutch lad could be the next Tim Krul?

6ft 5 is a useful attribute for a keeper, but saying that, didn't we have a dreadful keeper on loan who was that size? Can't remember his, easily ten years ago. Any takers?

stamfordram
23-01-2014, 03:10 PM
Brad Jones

Patrick Foletti

UpTheRams1884
23-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Roos is over 6ft5. :O

Rapid
23-01-2014, 03:36 PM

by the tone of the article it's more likely that either legz is leaving or the two that's not worth having around (what's theirs... deany and atkins?). personally I think legz is far too good to warm a championship bench.[/quote]

Sorry but I can't agree about Grant. Since Steele took over as keeping coach he has saved our ass in more than a couple of games this season. Was at fault for a goal against Blackpool but other than that he has been outstanding lately.[/quote]

what about the goal that went under his body at Leice

Manofpride
23-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Roos and Poom.
When supporters call out their it sounds like they are being booed! Roooooooooos!!! Hope he turns out as good!

UpTheRams1884
23-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Part of the deal that takes Kelle Roos to Derby will see #dcfc take a full strength side to Nuneaton for a pre-season friendly #dcfcfans

RamFromCornwall
23-01-2014, 10:27 PM
So would he be likely to be in the squad for Blackburn or any upcoming games? I wouldn't see the point in signing him unless we did plan to use him in the squad at some point.

He must be half decent if he's getting trials with Premier League clubs however I did read somewhere today (can't remember where now) that Bristol City turned him down at the start of the season. And just because he had a trial with Liverpool doesn't mean much. As someone already mentioned, Brad Jones.

Manofpride
24-01-2014, 11:21 AM
however I did read somewhere today (can't remember where now) that Bristol City turned him down at the start of the season. And just because he had a trial with Liverpool doesn't mean much. As someone already mentioned, Brad Jones.
I read different, O'Driscoll wanted to sign Roos but said finance dictates what we can and can't do.

RamFromCornwall
24-01-2014, 11:53 AM
however I did read somewhere today (can't remember where now) that Bristol City turned him down at the start of the season. And just because he had a trial with Liverpool doesn't mean much. As someone already mentioned, Brad Jones.
I read different, O'Driscoll wanted to sign Roos but said finance dictates what we can and can't do.[/quote]

They chose Parish as a back up to Fielding (at the time) and would sign Roos to loan him out but couldn't afford it.