View Full Version : Nolan and Ravel replacement

punkrockhammer
23-01-2014, 08:25 AM
This morning I have seen us linked to Chelsea and Liverpool old boy Raul Meireles - surely this can only be as a replacement for Morrison? One area we are overloaded with over the hill or just plain **** players is midfield so someone has to be leaving if this story is true. Fatty loves a 30+ Midfielder with his better days behind him so this is one transfer I expect to happen

The other thing I read is Nolan was quoted as saying he was laughing with Lescott because he was trying to convince him to sign for West Ham and joked that the Klingon said "You must be joking". He goes on to say that he didn't want players coming in who didn't fancy the challenge but did want players that "put their hand on their heart and say I'm here for the club"

Just like he was when he was cowardly sent off twice in a month

dagenhamJohn
23-01-2014, 09:36 AM
not sure he'd be a bad signing really..

West Ham may look to Raul Meireles in order to boost their Premier League survival hopes, according to the Daily Mail.

Meireles has two years of Premier League experience having spent a year at Liverpool before moving to Chelsea in August 2011.

The midfielder completed an A?8 million move to Fenerbahce in September 2012, but has fallen out of favour in Turkey and could make the move back to England in order to revive his career.

Manager Sam Allardyce will be keen to bolster his squad with his side seriously depleted through recent injuries; both Joe Cole and Mohamed Diame did not finish Tuesday's League Cup semi-final second leg against Manchester City, with the latter being considered 'very serious' after being stretchered off at Upton Park.

better than some wearing our colours atmo.

WHU
23-01-2014, 12:34 PM
past his best journeyman looking for a payday

he's not a total mug agreed but another one to add to the fat wage list and not good with everyone so concerned about club accounts at present

we need a forward and several at the back, not another midfielder

mikeveep
23-01-2014, 01:50 PM
That is so wrong Woo.

It is blindingly apparent that we are desperate for the kind of midfielder that can make a bit of space to make a creative pass or get a shot in.

Not a coincidence that so many "conventional" strikers have failed without the necessary support from central midfield.

The ever presents Diame and Nolan...can you recall more than a handful of decent passes over 18 months? and the peripheral players Collison,Diarra,Cole how many assists from them?

This is the issue that has disappointed me most about Sam..his disregarding this matter, and here you are agreeing with him ! Who'd have thought it :-D

dagenhamJohn
23-01-2014, 02:00 PM
past his best journeyman looking for a payday

he's not a total mug agreed but another one to add to the fat wage list and not good with everyone so concerned about club accounts at present

we need a forward and several at the back, not another midfieldermate, if we are talking about fat wages take a doss at some of the dross we have pretending to be footballers on those fat wages :)

least this geezer knows the ball is round!

and yes, we need several at the back.

Dailly___7
23-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Portugal international who will be going to the World Cup this summer. At 30, he could easily give us at least three or four years. I'd of thought he'll be Diame's replacement seeing as it looks like he's injured long term. It's better to think of it in a negative way though, isn't it?

But, yeah, not good enough for West Ham. F.uck him.

dagenhamJohn
23-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Portugal international who will be going to the World Cup this summer. At 30, he could easily give us at least three or four years. I'd of thought he'll be Diame's replacement seeing as it looks like he's injured long term. It's better to think of it in a negative way though, isn't it?

But, yeah, not good enough for West Ham. F.uck him.regarding Diame's injury and his form as well i'd say a club in our current position could do with some creativity in the middle, who knows perhaps the rest will start functioning again!

a good signing if true, regardless of finances, if we drop at least we'll be able to sell him on, not sure about the other fat wage recievers though! ;D