PDA

View Full Version : Rams to trial new stadium look against Forest

Bloomeram
23-01-2014, 09:45 AM
Rams trial new look against Forest - view external link (www.derbycounty-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/rams_to_trial_new_stadium_look_against_forest_8221 87/index.shtml)

Manofpride
23-01-2014, 10:44 AM
Should have been done years ago.

Rattea
23-01-2014, 01:35 PM
I dont agree. It will lose atmosphere especially as the roof raises over both ends and we all know how dead the Toyota stand is!

I was in Belgium a few months back at a second tier game and about 3,500 fans were making a right racket. well only a small proportion of those. How they were doing it was by going into the 'corner' of each stand to improve the accoustics!

Rapid
23-01-2014, 01:55 PM
I've had a rant about this before. I don't think it's fair on myself and the others that sit in the SE corner purely because this wasn't mentioned last season when we were given the opportunity to move to cheaper seats in the south stand behind the goal.

we decided to stay because like many others we like out seats (and have had them for many years).

I wouldn't have a problem with this if this were mentioned last season as it would have given us a fair choice. now it just feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth.

as for the stadium...personally I agree it's better to have home fans behind each goal.

AdiSalisbury
23-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Highly unfair to the fans who've already bought their ST in that area to be moved, should have been given the option pre sale.

However, sorry Rat me owd, it will be good for atmos if you're only talking just acoustics (so removing other factors such as numbers singing, motivation, groups etc.. which is yet to be seen whether there is a positive impact or not). The crowd in the corners act like a bass bin, and absorb all sound and reflections, giving a "dead" sound rather than reverberating around the stadium. When there is less people in the stadium, it's often claimed that the atmos is improved, this is partly attributed to less bodies absorbing the acoustics.

Rapid
23-01-2014, 03:31 PM
I've had a rant about this before. I don't think it's fair on myself and the others that sit in the SE corner purely because this wasn't mentioned last season when we were given the opportunity to move to cheaper seats in the south stand behind the goal.

we decided to stay because like many others we like out seats (and have had them for many years).

I wouldn't have a problem with this if this were mentioned last season as it would have given us a fair choice. now it just feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth.

as for the stadium...personally I agree it's better to have home fans behind each goal.

thanks adi - glad it's not just me being bias!

further to my earlier post I've read the link on the OS and it does say that we'll (SE'ers) be offered a 'discount voucher' in light of the situation. I have to say that this does make it a little fairer and I do feel a lot better about the whole thing after reading that. no mention of wha

Rattea
23-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Highly unfair to the fans who've already bought their ST in that area to be moved, should have been given the option pre sale.

However, sorry Rat me owd, it will be good for atmos if you're only talking just acoustics (so removing other factors such as numbers singing, motivation, groups etc.. which is yet to be seen whether there is a positive impact or not). The crowd in the corners act like a bass bin, and absorb all sound and reflections, giving a "dead" sound rather than reverberating around the stadium. When there is less people in the stadium, it's often claimed that the atmos is improved, this is partly attributed to less bodies absorbing the acoustics.

In the case of recording music you do want to take away the bass reverbaration to get the clearer true sound especially with certain frequencies yes.

But you want the boom for football fans to give it that umph you hear when they all get going and the bass reverbaratii

AdiSalisbury
23-01-2014, 04:49 PM
That's exactly what I'm saying mate, all those bodies act like a trap and absorb the noise, which is why people say that in the corner its noisey, yet outside of it you hardly hear a thing.

The low tin roof's definatelely help as they bounce back the higher frequencies, as well as keeping people dry!

Rattea
23-01-2014, 05:32 PM
but the bodies will be the same behind the goal ... and the roof is counteracting it being higher.

I'll post this video I took in Belgium where you can hear both sets of fans.

roger_ramjet
23-01-2014, 05:45 PM
**** me, you're an acoustics expert now... is there no limit to your polemic talents?

KeeptheCityGround
23-01-2014, 06:42 PM

Well it seems it is very much a 'tit for tat' move and screw our own fans from DCFC. XD

Fletch_11
23-01-2014, 07:11 PM

Well it seems it is very much a 'tit for tat' move and screw our own fans from DCFC. XD[/quote]

I can see why you would view it like that but there is one key difference. Derby will fill the stadium against Forest regardless of the number of away fans. Had it been done to the detri

doodle
23-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Rattea seems to be getting upset over something that doesn't affect him. Unless he's received a letter from the club, asking him to relocate from one end of his sofa to the other during home games.

AdiSalisbury
23-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Rattea seems to be getting upset over something that doesn't affect him. Unless he's received a letter from the club, asking him to relocate from one end of his sofa to the other during home games.

Really? I thought he was just having a chat with me. Anyway he knows I'm built like a 10 story house so wouldn't dare get mardy.

Back on track though - does anyone know if the reduction of seats for away fans will increase the number of seats for home fans - or would this possible gain be lost in the design of the segregation?

Rapid
23-01-2014, 11:59 PM

further to my earlier post I've read the link on the OS and it does say that we'll (SE'ers) be offered a 'discount voucher' in light of the situation. I have to say that this does make it a little fairer and I do feel a lot better about the whole

Southstandup
24-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Best thing they have done in years! No worse feeling then seeing there players run up to there fans behind that goal.

Least now they have to run to the corner lol. I wonder if they'll do cheap season tickets again would be good saved me a lot of money this season :D.

They seem to score more down the end where there fans are could just be me but really seems that way!

Rattea
24-01-2014, 12:30 PM

Really? I thought he was just having a chat with me. Anyway he knows I'm built like a 10 story house so wouldn't dare get mardy.

Back on track though - does anyone know if the reduction of seats for away fans will increase the number of seats for home fans - or would this possible gain be lost in the design of the segregation?[/quote]

Lol dito Adi ... its funny what some read that isnt there isnt it ... kind of validates my point about reading words does not mean everyone understands them ;)

Rattea
24-01-2014, 12:34 PM

further to my earlier post I've read the link on the OS and it does say that we'll (SE'ers) be offered a 'discount voucher' in light of the situation. I have to say that this does make it a little fairer

Beardyram
24-01-2014, 01:18 PM
I like the idea of home fans behind the goal, especially if it increases the atmosphere.

I saw some football in Denmark when I was working over there and they have a dedicated supporters club section which is where the singers go, they even have a "pulpit" where someone would stand with a loud hailer leading the songs. There were drums and trumpets and the atmosphere was fantastic, the instruments were spread out among the section therefore spreading the noise about.

Fletch_11
25-01-2014, 11:37 AM
That's exactly what I'm saying mate, all those bodies act like a trap and absorb the noise, which is why people say that in the corner its noisey, yet outside of it you hardly hear a thing.

That is a good point about the noise not travelling mate. Just to give an example when we played Forest and Barker got injured I couldn't hear the chanting about Doughty in the North East corner at all - I was oblivious to it because the noise didn't travel. However the noise seems to travel well from the South stand when the away team scores - even if there are not a huge number (unless I'm just hypersensitive to that! ;D )

Rapid
25-01-2014, 11:41 AM

further to my earlier post I've read the link on the OS and it does say that we'll (SE'ers) be offered a 'discount voucher' in light of the situation. I have to