PDA

View Full Version : Injuries..

PapaLazarou
23-01-2014, 01:39 PM
The club is reporting that Lovren & Ramirez are likely to be sidelined for 6-8 weeks..

Whilst I feel for both players, it's Lovren's absence that is going to really hurt us. :s

PapaLazarou
23-01-2014, 02:44 PM
And if Fonte's out as well, we're down to Jos, Yoshida and the kids..

Just as well we got a few points in the bag early on.. :s

Pentridge
23-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Good to see some info coming from the club.

As mentioned Lovren will be a big loss and Ramirez actually looked like he was finding some form at last.

Are there any decent loanees we could in as cover for a few months?

PapaLazarou
23-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Good to see some info coming from the club.

Makes me wonder whether Osvaldo's absence through suspension would have previously been reported as a 'short term illness', or some such.

Not sure who's available as a loaner to bridge the chasm we'll now have at centre back - other than passing mention of Lescott, I've not heard anys being bandied around..

harvey_7
23-01-2014, 10:21 PM

Joleon Lescott would be a good loaner IMO.

Pentridge
23-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Apparently he wants 92K a week ffs.

kernow
24-01-2014, 06:21 AM
Can't see Saints dfafting in any replacements from outside. Agree, that now may be time for the younger players to step up.

harvey_7
24-01-2014, 08:39 AM

Joleon Lescott would be a good loaner IMO.[/quote]

*Loanee

PapaLazarou
24-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Can't see Saints dfafting in any replacements from outside.

Echoed by the club, it seems..

I think that both injuries [to Lovren & Ramirez] are not serious enough to replace the players. Obviously the transfer market is still open and you never know. At the end of the week some situations can change. At the moment, there is no idea to replace these two players.

chief_wiggam
24-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Did I read somewhere that Wanyama could be on the bench for Saturday or have I made that up?

PapaLazarou
24-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Did I read somewhere that Wanyama could be on the bench for Saturday or have I made that up?

I heard he was training normally but not yet fully match fit.

Be interesting to see whether he's given some game time tomorrow or, with our injury list getting longer, is saved for upcoming league games..

Dirtyweasel
24-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Personally I think it would be unfair on Cork if Wanyama simply strolled back in to MP's preferred starting eleven.

Corks been fantastic in his absence, and has reminded us that a defensive midfielder can also command the ability to regularly find a team mate with his distribution.

Pentridge
24-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Did I read somewhere around about the time that we signed BIg Vic that he could play centre back or in a Chief Wiggam stylee, am I just making that up?

PapaLazarou
30-01-2014, 09:18 AM
Lovren reckons he'll be back sooner than expected - very good news.. B)

harvey_7
30-01-2014, 03:22 PM
Lovren reckons he'll be back sooner than expected - very good news.. B)

I've heard the same Papa, great news if true!
Hopefully Wanyama will be match fit for the Fulham game.

PapaLazarou
30-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Hopefully Wanyama will be match fit for the Fulham game.

I think Big Vic was good to go for the Arsenal game, but Cork & Schneiderlin's exceptional performances kept his 'arris glued to the bench..

Joffyw
30-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Cannot praise JC enough at the moment. To be left out for such a long time and then come back in doing the job he's done, superb. I heard rumours of him going and being valued between £3-£5m, what an insult, he's shown he's worth so much more than that to us.

One things for sure Gaston won't be going anywhere now so he's going to have to up his game upon his return for the Uraguay WC squad from which we can only benefit surely.

Brockley_Jack
30-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Poch has shown with Chambers/Clyne that if you come in as injury cover and play well you'll hold your place. With that in mind I will be disappointed if Corky is sidelined for big Vic as I think he's been one of our best and most consistent players of late.