PDA

View Full Version : best defender

boyceeeunderrated
24-01-2014, 08:52 AM
being sold now to Cardiff very close gets better and better wheres this money going to go "future of the club" good times

WhoRYa
24-01-2014, 09:09 AM
You do the math

As someone else pointed out to you yesterday, Latics Chief Executive has stated that the TV income & cover approx one third of Latics outgoings (including salaries).
I'm assuming that this included the parachute payments but even if it doesn't, that still leaves more outgoing expenses than incoming money.
The Kone transfer fee was spent by Coyle on incoming transfer fees.
This leaves whatever intial payment is received from the Ramis transfer & the initial amount from McCarthy's sale to cover the shortfall (the transfer fees aren't paid in one lump sum)

I realise I've probably just wasted my time but thought I'd at least give it a go to explain.

That said, I think the club need to be honest with supporters about the financial side of things coz so far this season we've had a manager stating that whatever was received in transfer fees would be allowed to go straight back out on incoming transfers, a different manager saying he didn't want to spend money at this stage,

tommy_wafc
24-01-2014, 11:20 AM
I read that about 1/3 of outgoing spending. But that doesn't add up.

We receive 23m this season in parachute payment, 15m next if we don't go up, 8m the season after.

Last season our wage bill was 42m, total spending was just over 50m and we made a profit of 0.8m.

23m parachute payment plus other revenue and player sale money, I'd imagine it was close to 35m in total.

Just using the parachute TV money, there's no way our wage bill has gone from 42m, to 69m, I imagine it will have dropped at least 10m.

With the sale of McCarthy included I imagine we're probably breaking even this season, about 35m in and out. So I understand why we're not spending money.

We're probably still receiving at least 1m a season for the sales of Valencia, N'Zogbia and Moses as well as at least 5m upfront from McCarthy. Surely at least 8m coming in from player sales with less going out.

But in that respect, we don't need to sell, especially as it could negatively impact our promotion challenge. If we get

wigwham
24-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Ya parachute payment figures are wrong, its actually..In excess of 60 million over 4 years.
Another thing is..Bobby's so called had to reduce the wage bill from 39.9m to 37.7m then it mysteriously goes up to 42m.???
Someones telling us Porkies!:?

Les_bradds_lad
24-01-2014, 01:45 PM
aye must be you have ya geet them figures in any link type thingy

springy_13
24-01-2014, 02:29 PM
never trusted that bill kenyon sorry meant dave whelan

billboy1949
24-01-2014, 05:55 PM
That said, I think the club need to be honest with supporters about the financial side of things coz so far this season we've had a manager stating that whatever was received in transfer fees would be allowed to go straight back out on incoming transfers, a different manager saying he didn't want to spend money at this stage, a chief exec then saying that fees would be made available for the right players & the manager then saying that "the money is all spent"

Answserd the problem yourself,cant lie straight in bed any of um.

boyceeeunderrated
24-01-2014, 06:06 PM
amen to that... non stop bull [quote="billboy1949"

Answserd the problem yourself,cant lie straight in bed any of um.[/quote]

Les_bradds_lad
25-01-2014, 06:17 AM
Nothing like Wiganers moaning ya get the cheapest tickets probably in the league and expect champagne football from high earning fotballers as stated many times we must have the thickest fans in the country

timeofmylife
25-01-2014, 08:27 AM
Hes a real tight bar steward that Whelan - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24046680)