PDA

View Full Version : Hobbs back to Hull?

salopred
24-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Hearing on several footy sites, he has gone back, Confusing or what!

salopred
24-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Yep it's official, he has gone back to Hull.

binghampies
24-01-2014, 12:04 PM
maybe he has not got 20/20 vision or something

fudgey
24-01-2014, 12:13 PM
this stinks.

after fawaz saying all that somethings a miss

salopred
24-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Live web chat about it now on the Evening Post.

salopred
24-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Seems Hull have said he has been recalled because of an injury to James Chester, have a feeling this saga will run for a while yet.

Polish_ForestMad
24-01-2014, 12:56 PM
So they have recalled an injured player to cover an injured player?

Trickytreesreds
24-01-2014, 01:14 PM
So they have recalled an injured player to cover an injured player?

Obviously more game playing going on. It's becoming very tiresome this.
This will be Shrek 2's doing.

Elite_Pie
24-01-2014, 01:57 PM

Are you sure you shouldn't be looking closer to home?

"Championship side Nottingham Forest have agreed a deal with Hull City to sign defender Jack Hobbs, according to Reds chairman Fawaz Al Hasawi. The Forest chairman said on Twitter: "I am delighted that I have agreed a deal with Hull City's chairman for Jack."

"The information we were getting, up until the last few days, was that Forest had not been able to agree personal terms with the defender. Reading and Wigan had both made very good offers, in terms of the wage packet and, while he was keen to remain at Forest, they had not - apparently - quite matched the same terms".

"Hull have always intimated that the deal they had in place was for a permanent move. It was Forest who, slightly confusingly, spoke of having agreed a deal to keep him on loan - which it appears

springy_13
24-01-2014, 02:10 PM
might have something to do with ramis leaving wigan joining cardiff
and bruce wants boozerjoe off wigan
so wigan sign hobbs as replacement for ramis and bruce gets his man
quite simple really

RedOno
24-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Just had a peep at the Hull board. They are recalling him to cover for the injured James Chester and in order to do this they are willing to lose the 1 million they would have got if he had stayed with us. Being as he is under contract to them we'll just have to hope he'll join us at the end of the season when he isn't.

Romanis
24-01-2014, 03:18 PM

"Championship side Nottingham Forest have agreed a deal with Hull City to sign defender Jack Hobbs, according to Reds chairman Fawaz Al Hasawi. The Forest chairman said on Twitter: "I am delighted that I have agreed a deal with Hull City's chairman for Jack."

"The information we were getting, up until the last few days, was that Forest had not been able to agree personal terms with the defender. Reading and Wigan had both made very good offers, in terms of the wage packet and, while he was keen to remain at Forest, they had not - apparently - quite matched the same terms".

"Hull have always intimated that the deal they had in place was for a permanent move. It was Forest who, slightly confusingly, spoke of having agree

Trickytreesreds
24-01-2014, 03:34 PM

"Hull have always intimated that the deal they had in place was for a permanent move. It was Forest who

dam617
24-01-2014, 03:38 PM
So is Hobbs fit again or what? I've read that he's training with Hull.
If so he's bloody cup-tied - why has he been recalled immediately? Is Bruce being a sneaky ****?
We could possibly draw Hull in the next round (I said 'possibly') at home.
Would be interesting to see if Hobbs would travel with them.

fudgey
24-01-2014, 03:49 PM
leaves us short at the back now, he really was the difference and a big help to jamaal, colins aint no hobbs,

come back wilson!

Romanis
24-01-2014, 03:57 PM

"Hull have always intimated that the deal they had

Romanis
24-01-2014, 04:00 PM
maybe he has not got 20/20 vision or something

Wow, trying a stab at humour I see. Try harder.

Let's humour you and agree. He may not have 20/20 vision, but whether he does or doesn't, it's clear your IQ is of a similar range - 20 + 20. ;D

Trickytreesreds
24-01-2014, 04:03 PM
I think the cause lies no further than Hulls chairman. Exactly what he's done isn't clear yet.
Fawaz tweeted in arabic something, that through google reads-

If sinned person is not worthy of your words .. Do not be sad .. But smile .. Because he has provided you the trouble of discovering his character ...!

I reckon that's a swipe.

Trickytreesreds
24-01-2014, 04:51 PM
@FAWAZ_ALHASAWI ?@fawaz_alhasawi1 1m
Regarding Jack Hobbs - I agreed a deal with Hull?s owner, but regrettably their injury situation prompted them to recall him. #nffc

@FAWAZ_ALHASAWI ?@fawaz_alhasawi1 54s
I completely respect Hull's decision. We'll continue to monitor Jack's situation closely. I would like to thank him for his efforts at #nffc

I take that as game playing and also that Fawaz has washed his hands of it.
Hull have welched on a deal. Simple as.

Elite_Pie
24-01-2014, 05:11 PM

How do you work that out? If the contracts had been signed and sealed there would be no way out for Hull, Hobbs would be a Forest player. If a contract was signed with a recall clause then Hull have the right to use it.

My guess is that Forest were unwilling (or even unable?) to meet his wage demands so nothing was finalised. Hull have had fresh interest from Reading or Wigan and want to maximise their players value before the window closes. It looks like Hobbs could see the season out at any of the four clubs depending on who is willing to pay what.

Trickytreesreds
24-01-2014, 05:24 PM

How do you work that out? If the contracts had been signed and sealed there would be no way out for Hull, Hobbs would be a Forest player. If a contract was signed with a recall clause then Hull have the right to use it.

My guess is that Forest were unwilling (or even unable?) to meet his wage demands so nothing was finalised. Hull have had fresh interest from Reading or Wigan and want to maximise their players value before the window closes. It looks like Hobbs could see the season out at any of the four clubs depending on who is willing to pay what.[/quote]
I disagree EP. I think your're forgetting that even Bruce had said , a deal close to 1M had been agreed. So what happened?
For me IMHO it's down to this.
Verbal agreements mean nothing. It seems. ;)

It seems Hull wanted A?A?A? to buy out the clause or wouldn't let that clause g

Romanis
24-01-2014, 05:27 PM

If a contract was signed with a recall clause then Hull have the right to use it.

My guess is that Forest were unwilling (or even unable?) to meet his wage demands so nothing was finalised. Hull have had fresh interest from Reading or Wigan and want to maximise their players value before the window closes. It looks like Hobbs could see the season out at any of the four clubs depending on who is willing to pay what.[/quote]

More or less what I've been saying. I think there's no issue about paying Hull for Hobbs, that has been resolved.

The issues are:
a) the loan deal with a recall clause, which they are entitled.

b) the issue of salary and to a lesser extent where Forest will be playing in next season.
If the 2 recently demoted clubs are prepared to match or pay the closest amount to what he's been getting, then if I'm his agent it

Trickytreesreds
24-01-2014, 05:42 PM

If a contract was signed with a recall clause then Hull have the right to use it.

More or less what I've been saying. I think there's no issue about paying Hull for Hobbs, that has been resolved.

The issues are:
a) the loan deal with a recall clause, which they are entitled.

b) the issue of salary and to a lesser extent where Forest will be playing in next season.
If the 2 recently demoted clubs are prepared to match or pay the closest amount to wha

Elite_Pie
24-01-2014, 06:15 PM
All decent points Romanis, but there is still something that doesn't quite add up. You are in a league position where play-offs should be an absolute minimum, and a top two position isn't out of the question. The rewards if you go up are massive, so if your owner has the vast wealth that has been suggested, why won't he pay that little bit over the odds if it increases your chance of making it to the Premiership? It would surely only be pennies to him, you are already way over FFP limits, so why doesn't he open his wallet?

bloodred
24-01-2014, 06:17 PM
the point is hull were allowed to recall him if they had an injury crisis (so we are told) so if he is now sold or loaned out to another team in the near future it would show that hull had reneged on the original agreement ?????

Elite_Pie
24-01-2014, 06:24 PM
the point is hull were allowed to recall him if they had an injury crisis (so we are told) so if he is now sold or loaned out to another team in the near future it would show that hull had reneged on the original agreement ?????

Would it? What was the original agreement? If Forest had negotiated the right contract then Hull couldn't do anything.

It seems they didn't, draw your own conclusion as to why they didn't.

bloodred
24-01-2014, 06:29 PM
we were told that it was a season long loan with a recall clause only in an emergency. therefore he should either be a forest player or a hull player for the duration of this season. the goalposts seem to move when other teams put in offers for him.