PDA

View Full Version : O/T Ovaltine. Banned!!

WOODLANDSWOLF
24-01-2014, 02:41 PM
So stupid. The comments make interesting reading as well. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/qdby8e3)

wolves71
24-01-2014, 03:06 PM
So stupid. The comments make interesting reading as well.

One comment by "nini" is spot on, Irn-Bru and Lucozade gets banned so why isn't coca cola?

Evewolf65
24-01-2014, 03:36 PM
WTF!!:? Epic Fail Canada!!

TundraWolf
24-01-2014, 11:52 PM

Note to Eve:

As a nation we refuse to lower our standards in support of your "glow-in-the-dark" foodstuffs. Lower the level of toxicity in your foods and we will be more than happy to accept your refuge foodstuffs yearning to escape the rain, high taxes and uncontrollable immigration programmes of England.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2e1hgjr.gif

On a more revelatory note:

Irn-Bru contains the food colouring Ponceau 4R. It is not permitted in foods for sale in Canada, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) said in a statement to the BBC.

The colouring has been linked to hyperactivity. In addition, the agency told the BBC that "drinks and a yeast-based spread" found in the Brit Foods shipment and subsequently on the shelves in the shops were not approved for sale in Canada. The agency did not list specific brands.

It said the spread was banned because it contained added vitamins "not p

Robus
25-01-2014, 12:27 AM
Can't say I've ever tried Marmite though I've had Vegemite if that's similar.

PremierWolf
25-01-2014, 12:44 AM
Can't say I've ever tried Marmite though I've had Vegemite if that's similar.

I grew up on Marmite in the UK, in Australia there is no Marmite only Vegemite.
Although I eat Vegemite and they are almost the same I prefer Marmite any day.

Robus
25-01-2014, 01:11 AM
A friend in Australia sent me a supply of Vegemite a while back, by way of congratulations for acquiring my first Lithgow. Sold the Lithgow on after awhile. The Vegemite remains!

Actually pretty good once you've acquired the taste for it.

PremierWolf
25-01-2014, 01:19 AM
A friend in Australia sent me a supply of Vegemite a while back, by way of congratulations for acquiring my first Lithgow. Sold the Lithgow on after awhile. The Vegemite remains!

Actually pretty good once you've acquired the taste for it.

Great on toast with melted cheese. :)

Woking88
25-01-2014, 01:45 AM
Brits have thrived on Marmite for yonks. Do we really care what a bunch of foreigners think? By all means shoot yourselves in the foot if that is your preference - but, as Prem says, try it with cheese on toast and experience a gastronomical orgasm! ;D

Robus
25-01-2014, 04:41 AM
Brits have thrived on Marmite for yonks. Do we really care what a bunch of foreigners think? By all means shoot yourselves in the foot if that is your preference - but, as Prem says, try it with cheese on toast and experience a gastronomical orgasm! ;D

Enjoying your Friday evening, Wokes? ;D

Evewolf65
25-01-2014, 08:18 AM

Note to Eve:

As a nation we refuse to lower our standards in support of your "glow-in-the-dark" foodstuffs. Lower the level of toxicity in your foods and we will be more than happy to accept your refuge foodstuffs yearning to escape the rain, high taxes and uncontrollable immigration programmes of England.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2e1hgjr.gif

On a more revelatory note:

Irn-Bru contains the food colouring Ponceau 4R. It is not permitted in foods for sale in Canada, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) said in a statement to the BBC.

The colouring has been linked to hyperactivity. In addition, the agency told the BBC that "drinks and a yeast-based spread" found in the Brit Foods shipment and subsequently on the shelves in the shops were not approved for sale in Canada. The agency did not list specific brands.

It said the spread was b

greystone16
25-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Maybe you could blame it on the French influence and look at some of the cr*p they eat but everyone to their own.

Woking88
25-01-2014, 11:06 AM

Enjoying your Friday evening, Wokes? ;D[/quote]

Got a bit pi$$ed, Robus (not that you'd guess!)!!! XD XD XD

TundraWolf
25-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Different countries, different standards. I am sure that Ovaltine will find its way back onto the shelves of Canada's local stores before long.

I will defend our stringent health standards though.

Greatest Life Expectancy in the world by the World Health Organization (WHO), 2013:

Canada 12th
UK 29th
US 35th

(1st through 4th: Monaco, Japan, Andorra, Australia)

Evewolf65
25-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Different countries, different standards. I am sure that Ovaltine will find its way back onto the shelves of Canada's local stores before long.

Greatest Life Expectancy in the world by the World Health Organization (WHO), 2013:

Canada 12th
UK 29th
US 35th

If its come down to some kind of 'We're gonna live longer than you playground jibe Tundra I hope You're still here long after I've gone and I've overdosed on Marmite!! ;D B)
Coz Let's face it that's about as Rock'N'Roll as Canada gets!!

Robus
25-01-2014, 11:48 PM

Canada 12th
UK 29th
US 35th

If its come down to some kind of 'We're gonna live longer than you playground jibe Tundra I hope You're still here long after I've gone and I've overdosed on Marmite!! ;D B)
Coz Let's face it that's about as Rock'N'Roll as Canada gets!![/quote]

Correction: - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvOk16dLJ0Q)

TundraWolf
26-01-2014, 04:59 AM

Canada 12th
UK 29th
US 35th

You'll never die, Eve, not with all the preservatives in marmite. Not sure how yeast extract and salt can be recommended but to each their own poison. :)

My friend I am not nibbling on your rock 'n roll slur, though one would have to be RUSHed off their feet and far from TRAGI

Evewolf65
26-01-2014, 09:18 AM

Canada 12th
UK 29th
US 35th

You'll never die, Eve, not with all the preservatives in marmite. Not sure how yeast extract and salt can be recommended but to each their own poison. :)

My friend I am not nibbling on your rock 'n roll slur, though one would hav

Woking88
26-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Marmite Rules OK!

http://i40.tinypic.com/o8xbog.jpg

I love it!!! :D :D :D

Evewolf65
26-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Love It!!

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/azccie.jpg[/IM :heart: :heart: :heart:

WOODLANDSWOLF
28-01-2014, 02:24 PM
That will teach you to mess with our bloody Marmite! - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/lzzutz6)

Robus
28-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Seems he should have married a Bulgarian.

WOODLANDSWOLF
28-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Seems he should have married a Bulgarian.

Bulgarian, Rumanian, Kosovan, any Balkan dross and he would have been in.

I having to smile watching the coverage of the Ukraine unrest. All of the pundits are selling the line that that want to lean towards the EU as opposed to Russia in order to have to opportunity to better themselves. Ha! All they want is a free pass the the UK social welfare goodies.

Evewolf65
28-01-2014, 05:54 PM
All she's got to do is get the Marriage visa sorted out and they'll be fine why its took them this long to sort it is beyond me!:O

WOODLANDSWOLF
28-01-2014, 06:25 PM
All she's got to do is get the Marriage visa sorted out and they'll be fine why its took them this long to sort it is beyond me!:O

Hey, this story came from the daily mail so who knows what the truth really is.

Evewolf65
28-01-2014, 06:37 PM

Hey, this story came from the daily mail so who knows what the truth really is.[/quote]

You're Bl00dy right there!!