PDA

View Full Version : Brentford/Gills

WOODLANDSWOLF
24-01-2014, 04:33 PM
While it would be nice to think that Brentford might slip up in this game I am sure the odds are very long. I haven't seen either team play but with Brentford on a roll and The Gills the only team we have beat convincingly [did we?] there can only be one outcome really.:( :-(

Woking88
24-01-2014, 04:38 PM
While it would be nice to think that Brentford might slip up in this game I am sure the odds are very long. I haven't seen either team play but with Brentford on a roll and The Gills the only team we have beat convincingly [did we?] there can only be one outcome really.:( :-(

There's still a lot of season left for us to get where we need to be Woody. As Eve said in another thread, I think much depends on who we get in in the remainder of the transfer window. After that a quality loan player or two maybe!

wolves71
24-01-2014, 05:16 PM

I thought you watched the Gillingham v Wolves game on the 3rd?

In my opinion, The Gills are one of the worst sides in the division, but still beat us with that last minute goal. The 4-0 win for Wolves at home to them was so one sided. As for Brentford, difficult to tell, on a great run, both sides cancelled each other out at Molineux. I expected the Bees to falter after the departure od Uwe Rosler to Wigan, but they haven't.

WOODLANDSWOLF
24-01-2014, 06:40 PM

In my opinion, The Gills are one of the worst sides in the division, but still beat us with that last minute goal. The 4-0 win for Wolves at home to them was so one sided. As for Brentford, difficult to tell, on a great run, both sides cancelled each other out at Molineux. I expected the Bees to falter after the departure od Uwe Rosler to Wigan, but they haven't.[/quote]

That's right mate, I remember it now.just found out there ia a stream for the Brentford/Gills game so I will check that out this afternoon.

wolves71
24-01-2014, 06:55 PM

In my opinion, The Gills are one of the worst sides in the division, but still beat us with that last minute goal. The 4-0 win for Wolves at home to them was so one sided. As for Brentford, difficult to tell, on a great run, both sides cancelled each other out at Molineux. I expected the Bees to falter after the departure od Uwe Rosler to Wigan, but they haven't.[/quote]

That's right mate, I remember it now.just found out there ia a stream for the Brentford/Gills game so I will check that out th

WOODLANDSWOLF
24-01-2014, 07:19 PM

That's right mate, I remember it now.just found out there ia a stream for the Br

wolves71
24-01-2014, 07:37 PM

That's right mate, I remember

WOODLANDSWOLF
24-01-2014, 08:04 PM
That Donaldson certainly looks a handful. Bloody long legs he's got!

wolves71
24-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Looking at the away end, i think i might go in the upper tier when we have to play them.

wolves71
24-01-2014, 08:09 PM
1-0 Brentford, Jonathan Douglas unmarked.

WOODLANDSWOLF
24-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Could see that coming, 1-0, Gillingham looking ragged already! Judge looks a smart player as well, reminds me of Matta.

wolves71
24-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Should be 1-1, poor finish from Cody McDonald.

WOODLANDSWOLF
24-01-2014, 08:21 PM
Could see that coming, 1-0, Gillingham looking ragged already! Judge looks a smart player as well, reminds me of Matta.

Oh, Gills miss a sitter, only the keeper to beat, slid it wide.

Evewolf65
24-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Looking at the away end, i think i might go in the upper tier when we have to play them.

This would be a nailed on one for us but I don't think we'll get tickets!:blue: :blue:

wolves71
24-01-2014, 08:33 PM

This would be a nailed on one for us but I don't think we'll get tickets!:blue: :blue:[/quote]

That's the trouble with the level we're at and a small allocation.

I should be ok as i have over 1100 points. I have been a couple of times before, but i'm talking over 20 years ago.

WOODLANDSWOLF
24-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Not a bad first half. A flurry of chances for Brentford at the end of what was generally a fairly even 45 mins. Brentford do look the better and more dangerous side, but hey, it's only one zero. A good half time talk from Peter Taylor and a continuing deterioration of the playing conditions and who knows?

Evewolf65
24-01-2014, 08:43 PM

This would be a nailed on one for us but I don't think we'll get tickets!:blue: :blue:[/quote]

I should be ok as i have over 1100 points. I have been a couple of times before, but i'm talking over 20 years ago.[/quote]

Respect mate you always do your time Me an Josh have got opportunities before the end of the season with the likes of Mk Dons etc still to come. But next season as we want to try and go to as many away's as we can before I'm to Old to want to be so Full On! I'll seriously consider an AST.

wolves71
24-01-2014, 08:48 PM

I should be ok as i have over 1100 points. I have been a couple of times before, but i'm talking over 20 years ago.[/quote]

Respect mate you always do your time Me an Josh have got opportunities before the end of the season with the likes of Mk Dons etc still to come. But next season as we want to try and go to as many away's as we can before I'm to Old to want to be so Full On! I'll seriously consider an AST.[/quote]

I only have myself to provide for, hence why i do quite a lot of away games, not always been the case though. It all depends o

wolves71
24-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Three decent chances for Brentford since half time, Trotta with a couple of efforts and Judge having another curling effort tipped over by Nelson.

Here comes the whale for Gillingham.

WOODLANDSWOLF
24-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Three decent chances for Brentford since half time, Trotta with a couple of efforts and Judge having another curling effort tipped over by Nelson.

What a monster. Has he always been that shape?

wolves71
24-01-2014, 09:04 PM

What a monster. Has he always been that shape?[/quote]

Yes he has, played for Northampton against Wolves in league cup last season and took stick throughout.

wolves71
24-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Another chance for Brentford, Donaldson denied by the legs of Nelson.

WOODLANDSWOLF
24-01-2014, 09:13 PM

Wide open now, chances at both ends. Becoming a bit of a lottery on this pitch.

WOODLANDSWOLF
24-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Crap, a penalty from a corner that should never have been. Game over I would guess.

wolves71
24-01-2014, 09:17 PM

Wide open now, chances at both ends. Becoming a bit of a lottery on this pitch.[/quote]

It was until the penalty given away by Barrett, Trotta increases the lead, 2-0.

wolves71
24-01-2014, 09:19 PM
2-1, Mcdonald pulls one back for Gillingham.

WOODLANDSWOLF
24-01-2014, 09:19 PM

Wide open now, chances at both ends. Becoming a bit of a lottery on this pitch.[/quote]

It was until the penalty given away by Barrett, Trotta increases the lead, 2-0.[/quote]

Game on, game on! XD X-D

wolves71
24-01-2014, 09:32 PM
Judge could easily have scored an hat-trick for Brentford. He's been the pick of the Brentford players for me.

WOODLANDSWOLF
24-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Judge could easily have scored an hat-trick for Brentford. He's been the pick of the Brentford players for me.

Agree. The Gills have put up a good performance though, deserve a point for me.

WOODLANDSWOLF
24-01-2014, 09:37 PM
4 mins Fergie time! C,mon you stripes.

wolves71
24-01-2014, 09:37 PM

Agree. The Gills have put up a good performance though, deserve a point for me.[/quote]

Especially the second half and since Taylor made his subs.

wolves71
24-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Three more points for Brentford, now seven points clear of Wolves.

WOODLANDSWOLF
24-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Full time. Very entertaining game. Good way to while away a boring afternoon at the office. knocking off time now so I'm off to beat the rush.

COYW!!!

PremierWolf
25-01-2014, 12:48 AM

Seven point lead is starting to get a bit dangerous.:s

wolves71
25-01-2014, 08:53 AM

Seven point lead is starting to get a bit dangerous.:s[/quote]

Yes it is and it's best to have the points in the bag. Wolves need to build on the Preston win and go on a unbeaten run.