PDA

View Full Version : Forfar, biggest club in Angus

tartandees
24-01-2014, 09:05 PM
more fans than Arbroath, times are a changing

http://i42.tinypic.com/2s865hc.jpg

Lichtielegend
24-01-2014, 09:30 PM
It has nothing to do with the fact they've had two home games with Rangers and we've had one.

Nothing.

housecaptain
25-01-2014, 12:22 AM
Must have been magic mushrooms in your bridie sunshine.
A.F.C'S history will put paid to that.
In the 1930's we were in the top division of Scottish football and beat the likes of Celtic who had the great J. McGrory as their centre.
Due to the war the leagues were suspended and to accommodate Dundee at the end of the conflict we were voted out of the league not relegated.
In the 50's and 60's we were again in the top tier and had some memorable wins against top teams.Move forward to the 70's and we were again
there with the big boys and the only team we did not beat was Celtic who we managed to draw with.
At the time of the vote for the Premier League we were 4th in the then 1st Division. If you can beat that sunshine I will bow to your superiority otherwise kiss my posterior.;D

lifelonglichtie
25-01-2014, 12:33 AM
Judging by your you have as much to do with forfar as a beach!
Did you post this on the teuchter's site? Oh, I forgot, no-one posts on their site. Another indication of how big they are, that and the fact they can only sign ex arbroath players.

housecaptain
25-01-2014, 12:40 AM
To Tartandee I realise I have had a few drinks and under the political correctness my last two words should be ignored. Apoligises.

housecaptain
25-01-2014, 12:42 AM
P.S.That should be last 4 words.

ClashCityRocker
25-01-2014, 11:27 AM
In fairness, Arbroath is always going to get bigger gates than all the Angus clubs - Arbroath is almost 3 times the size of Montrose, Forfar and Brechin.

The gate fiqures are also influenced by whatever team the club are playing - matches against Aberdeen, United and the old firm are always going to increase the gate sales.