PDA

View Full Version : Tw@ts Brewery

alfinyalcabo
24-01-2014, 09:18 PM
A disgruntled worker... perhaps Bigmoon ?.. XD XD XD XD XD

http://i43.tinypic.com/snhpif.jpg

seventwo
24-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Pointless, boring beer, life's too short for Thwaites beer.

needle
24-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Fair play to em and it is rather funny !

bigmoon
25-01-2014, 09:02 AM
I was not shocked to hear that Thwaites was closing, it has been common knowledge for a while that the brewery was in talks with Sainsbury and Blackburn Council.

However, they are keeping the microbrewery going. But will they open up a new more modern brewery? I doubt it.

Funny picture though.

seventwo
25-01-2014, 09:06 AM
What do they brew in the micro?

bigmoon
25-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Here is a link that shows the cask and bottled ales produced from Crafty Dan - view external link (http://www.thwaites.co.uk/thwaitesbeerco/beer_brands/craft_beers/)

bigmoon
25-01-2014, 09:10 AM
One for our mate DanRrr

http://i43.tinypic.com/2zegjeq.png

DanRrr
25-01-2014, 10:09 AM
6.5% I approve. Should go well with an ethanol chaser ;)

bigmoon
25-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Oh and Alf, just so you know, I don't work at Thwaites, but I know a couple of people who do after we did some work with them last summer. I always go and chat to their table when I go to the black tie events.

I think that it's a shame that yet another old fashioned brewery is closing down. I just keep my fingers crossed that we pick up some of the work, but I hear some is going to Marstons and some could also go to Camerons.

C'est la vie.

rigger
25-01-2014, 01:07 PM

I don't know if anyone losing their jobs will agree with you.

Stan_van_nel
25-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Here is a link that shows the cask and bottled ales produced from Crafty Dan

I've not tried any of them yet. I may have to pop up the Shooters Arms and give have a sample.

seventwo
25-01-2014, 04:04 PM

I don't know if anyone losing their jobs will agree with you.[/quote]

Always sad to see jobs go and I've spent most of my working life helping companys to avoid that.

I can think of few, if any, real ale drinkers who look forward a pint of Thwaites. Perhaps if it wasn't so boring the jobs would still remain?

rigger
25-01-2014, 04:13 PM

I don't know if anyone losing their jobs will agree with you.[/quote]

Always sad to see jobs go and I've spent most of my working life helping companys to avoid that.

I can think of few, if any, real ale drinkers who look forward a pint of Thwaites. Perhaps if it wasn't so boring the jobs would still remain?[/quote]

I don't know exact figures, but I would think that, "Real Ale Drinkers" are quite a minority and would not have had any serious impact on whether Thwaites was a viable proposition or not. I would have thought people staying home drinking cheap ale of any quality whatsoever, would have had more effect.

seventwo
25-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Yes I know what you mean but some breweries are thriving albeit many sre small ones. Mainly Thwaites in Ingleton but the one that isnt is busiestby far

seventwo
26-01-2014, 11:03 AM
Yes I know what you mean but some breweries are thriving albeit many sre small ones. Mainly Thwaites in Ingleton but the one that isnt is busiestby far

ha, ha bloody mobile phone with cracked screen then I lost the wi-fi

poltergeist
26-01-2014, 02:43 PM

ha, ha bloody mobile phone with cracked screen then I lost the wi-fi[/quote

Is that suppose to say wife XD XD

A well you have had 29hrs to sober up. :P