PDA

View Full Version : What is Will Hughes's current value

NOGRASSINTHESKY
25-01-2014, 11:19 AM
As a keen follower of this board, I would be interested In opinions on Will's current market value...
Has his form/ development this season maintained his summer 12 million 'valuations'

What teams would be interested in him at that price

Rapid
25-01-2014, 11:37 AM
well we've never done this one before...que the rat rocking up with his usual rubbish.

WhatsGoinOn
25-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Personally i like will hughes but i dont think he is worth any more than 3 million.

last year i raved about his potential and thought 15 million was too cheap.

this season i think he has shown he is a good player but no more than that.

i have to say i found giles barnes a far more exciting prospect.

best place for will is at derby, growing to be a very good championship player or lower end premier player at best.

sheeeeeeeeeep
25-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Personally i like will hughes but i dont think he is worth any more than 3 million.

last year i raved about his potential and thought 15 million was too cheap.

this season i think he has shown he is a good player but no more than that.

i have to say i found giles barnes a far more exciting prospect.

best place for will is at derby, growing to be a very good championship player or lower end premier player at best.

Agreed, when he gets closed down he is poor or has been this season.

NOGRASSINTHESKY
25-01-2014, 05:50 PM
I have to agree with the last two posts, and I absolutely want Will to stay at Derby as we push for promotion, but the long term prospects for the lad are still an open question in my opinion

Let's hope he has an exceptional second half of the season for us and as we push for promotion. A winning goal and mom at wembley would be a great target for him!

At this point - based on opinions to date on this thread we reckon his value is significantly closer to the 500,000 vs 12,000,000 - which would mean the Rat had the best outlook on Will's value in the summer

nickyd63
25-01-2014, 06:02 PM
I have to agree with the last two posts, and I absolutely want Will to stay at Derby as we push for promotion, but the long term prospects for the lad are still an open question in my opinion

Let's hope he has an exceptional second half of the season for us and as we push for promotion. A winning goal and mom at wembley would be a great target for him!

At this point - based on opinions to date on this thread we reckon his value is significantly closer to the 500,000 vs 12,000,000 - which would mean the Rat had the best outlook on Will's value in the summer

Another WUM zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

NOGRASSINTHESKY
25-01-2014, 06:19 PM
WUM :? :-?

Just interested on the views of fans who attend matches more than myself - as Will was/is our biggest asset and pivotal to our future success...

If I was on the wind-up I think there are much simpler/ more effective methods>;)

su4eranio
25-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Will was more like his old self today. Met a Blackburn mate today and just been chatting to him. In his words..."that Hughes is some player. He ran the game today, picking his passes at will".

We are a better side with him in it. And he will get better and better. Wont put a value on him, as happy seeing him in the side. His chip today that hit the bar was sublime

Bear DCFC
25-01-2014, 08:07 PM

Just interested on the views of fans who attend matches more than myself - as Will was/is our biggest asset and pivotal to our future success...

If I was on the wind-up I think there are much simpler/ more effective methods>;)

Don't worry about Nicky, he/she's not the brightest of chaps/ladies

southernram22
26-01-2014, 07:47 AM
hes worth whatever anyone values him at .perhaps we don't want to sell him .

nickyd63
26-01-2014, 09:44 AM

Don't worry about Nicky, he/she's not the brightest of chaps/ladies[/quote]

Really? So you think 500k for Will is a good valuation for an 18 year old whose form is bound to dip at times,or am I really not that bright? Nick.

NOGRASSINTHESKY
26-01-2014, 10:11 AM
Thanks for review Su4eranio - nice to hear a report of a solid performance.

Cheers Bear, I have to agree Nicky does not appear to be the brightest spark. Not sure who stated his current value was 500k , a price that dcfc would not sell for. More accurately according to current performance we believe (posts to date)his value to be closer to 3 million.

I would personally agree with this approximate valuation, which i believe is not high enough for the club to consider cashing in, and i therefore conclude Will will be with us for the foreseeable future... Great news for DCFC promo push!!!!!!

Bear DCFC
26-01-2014, 11:54 AM

Don't worry about Nicky, he/she's not the brightest of chaps/ladies[/quote]

Really? So you think 500k for Will is a good valuation for an 18 year old whose form is bound to dip at times,or am I really not that bright? Nick.[/quote]

No I don't think 500k is a good valuation for him. What you just posted fortifies my belief that you're a bit daft.

triz
26-01-2014, 12:23 PM
he's never been worth 15 mill and its been a long time since 500k was a fair valuation, as usual the proper valuation is somewhere in the middle like most sensible people have said.

swaledale
27-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Any valuation is a guesstimate, that said good and promising youing English players do command a premium - DErby set the bar at A?15 million as a way of saying hes not for sale , but if you offer that amount we will consider it, not surprisingly nobody has.

Every players has off days and drops in form, and a young developing player will do so more than an established one, so to judge Will on his bad days is a tad harsh.

If he maintains his development, then I would not be surprised to see a fee around the A?6/7 million mark with add ons, but I dont see a club coming in for him before the summer.