PDA

View Full Version : Rovers critics of City should sing a different tune

Leisure
25-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Interesting article from the MEN -

Opposition chants questioning the loyalty of Manchester City fans are just nonsense, argues Mike Keegan.
It's inevitable, I suppose. Human nature dictates that in a row you always go for someone's weak point. But what do you do when, say, you're a fan of a team playing City and you cannot find one?
You can't start chanting about how useless they are, the keeper's not dodgy (anymore) and the manager's not getting sacked in the morning.
So what do you do?
It would appear that you come up with some nonsense that ignores the facts.
I've heard it from supporters of several clubs, including Newcastle United and most recently Blackburn Rovers.
'Where were you when you were ****?'they accuse.
It is not a new chant and in many cases it is justified. Nobody (outside a commercial department) likes a glory hunter. But it is not justified when aimed at supporters of City ,especially from those two.
I am presuming that the accepted definition of when the Blues we

DanRrr
25-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Lower attendences equals proper fans and a better and louder atmosphere. Ewood is a much better place without the plastics. You now have loads of plastics, with more to come if Man United don't improve.

So in short, come back when you have something of interest to post, you boring http://i44.tinypic.com/2iazqyw.jpg

Stan_van_nel
25-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Just two points Dan.

1, You've actually fallen into the trap of the article and are proving what he says is correct, even though it is a silly article.

2, Leisure is a Claret.

;D

DanRrr
25-01-2014, 02:46 PM
I can't bring myself to take enough interest in him Stan to work out who he supports.

I wouldn't say I've fallen into a trap. I think the article is completely pointless, and totally ignores the most important point, that most chants are simply banter, so it looks like the boring chunt that wrote it has something to say.

As Leisure chose to copy and paste it it when there's already a link to it anyway on the board, makes him just as boring a chunt as as the boring chunt that wrote it in the 1st place. Plus I'm annoyed at missing today's game due to my rear brake pad going on me when I set off. So I'm somewhat pre-menstrual right now!

Stan_van_nel
25-01-2014, 02:48 PM
I wondered what you were doing on here Dan.

I was going to call you a plastic fan. :D

DanRrr
25-01-2014, 02:50 PM
I am Stan. I'll get the brake pad done if we go up at the end of the season XD

Leisure
25-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Dan - The article seems to have it a nerve!!

DanRrr
25-01-2014, 02:59 PM

Poor articles with little substance, that try to make an issue out of something that ignore more relevant facts and use incomparable data to back up the 'point' of the author often do.

BelialofBacup
25-01-2014, 03:29 PM

Poor articles with little substance, that try to make an issue out of something that ignore more relevant facts and use incomparable data to back up the 'point' of the author often do.[/quote]

A bit like Jordan Lund's 'What size foot does your *******s take?' then... the accurate literacy of a BRFC casual smashing his way through Burnley on numerous occasions in the 70's and 80's with the allied Celtic/Rovers lot and tens of thousands of Rovers fans, proud of his internationally famous and immensely well supported football club. Written by Jordan, born 1991.

DanRrr
25-01-2014, 03:47 PM

Poor articles with little substance, that try to make an issue out of something that ignore more relevant facts and use incomparable data to back up the 'point' of the author often do.[/quote]

A bit like Jordan Lund's 'What size foot does your *******s take?' then... the accurate literacy of a BRFC casual smashing his way through Burnley on numerous occasions in the 70's and 80's with the allied Celtic/Rovers lot and tens of thousands of Rovers fans, proud of his internationally famous and immensely well supported football club. Written by Jordan, born 1991.[/quote]

I've no idea, having not come across this literary masterpiece you refer to. But it sounds like this book may serve a purpose of being of sociological, anthropological and psychological interest. That MEN article however, is sim

dunn0709
25-01-2014, 03:48 PM
I'm struggling to decide which is more pathetic, the blokes article or the claret that decided to post it on here.

I am hoping that maybe the journalist could turn his clearly outstanding talent to these matters:

Does Jordan Rhodes really score when he wants?

Do Peter Crouch's feet really stick out of the bed?

Does Peter Reid really have a phucking monkey's heed?

Has anyone ever actually been hit in the head whilst sitting in row Z?

Does Howard Webb really sleep in Fergie's bed?

I look forward to a thorough investigation on these matters, and very much look forward to hearing his findings.

Alternatively, he could give himself a bang on the head, and hopefully realise what football chants actually are - generally a load of bullsh1t made up for a bit of a giggle to keep people entertained.

I truly worry for the world if we have people seriously deconstructing the real meaning of such things. And at City no less. Is that really top of their list of priorities? They are peaking

DanRrr
25-01-2014, 04:10 PM
I'm struggling to decide which is more pathetic, the blokes article or the claret that decided to post it on here.

Same here Dunn. If this had mentioned another team and I'd been minded to post it that team's board, I'd have at least been with them that it's a right load of b0llocks.

I doubt he'll answer your other chant questions in the near future Dunn, as I've heard he's tied up watching and recording all stats from all Brazil and Barnsley games over the last 80 years in order to conclude whether watching Barnsley really is 'just like watching Brazil.'

dunn0709
25-01-2014, 04:22 PM

Same here Dunn. If this had mentioned another team and I'd been minded to post it that team's board, I'd have at least been with them that it's a right load of b0llocks.

I doubt he'll answer your other chant questions in the near future Dunn, as I've heard he's tied up watching and recording all stats from all Brazil and Barnsley games over the last 80 years in order to conclude whether watching Barnsley really is 'just like watching Brazil.'[/quote]

It's gonna blow his friggin mind to pieces Dan when we break the news that someone didn't actually eat all the pies.

DanRrr
25-01-2014, 04:35 PM
Sometime's I'd like to see the 'like' button restored XD

yorkyclaret
25-01-2014, 05:04 PM
We just sing about you fatherless horse botherers so obviously the banter thing doesn't apply there.

Howie5o
25-01-2014, 05:52 PM

Leisure ...hardly in a great position to question attendances ..Burnley flying high ..abysmal attendances ...come on ..XD

dunn0709
25-01-2014, 06:02 PM
We just sing about you fatherless horse botherers so obviously the banter thing doesn't apply there.

How very droll yorky.

I refuse to revert to type and mention anything about one of your siblings.

Now where's that smiley with tape over the mouth.

yorkyclaret
25-01-2014, 08:20 PM

How very droll yorky.

I refuse to revert to type and mention anything about one of your siblings.

Now where's that smiley with tape over the mouth.[/quote]
;D ;D

needle
25-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Biggest load of sh1t I`ve ever read and I would guess City fans (who are good genuine loyal footy fans) will distance themselves from it .

champs95
25-01-2014, 09:05 PM
:star: top post.

Biggest load of crap I've heard in a long time. Takes some doing with the amount of spasticated Dingles we get around these parts.

Nonsensical, inaccurate rubbish, written by a buffoon with a chip on his/her shoulder.

To actually post some else's ****e and proudly say you agree with it, is staggering

Stan_van_nel
25-01-2014, 11:36 PM
To actually post some else's ****e and proudly say you agree with it, is staggering

He doesn't say that agrees with it, proudly or otherwise.

The OP has only typed four words and three letters which are an abbreviation of a Manchester newspaper, as his own.

You may (if you're that way inclined) have a go at him for posting a thread that's already been posted.

Duplicate threads are always deleted on Cartel Mad, and that's the funny bit about this thread. :D

DanRrr
26-01-2014, 12:09 AM
Duplicate threads are always deleted on Cartel Mad, and that's the funny bit about this thread. :D

Phuck me Stan, if that hits your comedy zone, you need to get out more!!

yorkyclaret
26-01-2014, 12:26 AM
Must be a slow news day in Manchester, at least they heard you anyway.

Stan_van_nel
26-01-2014, 12:36 AM

Phuck me Stan, if that hits your comedy zone, you need to get out more!![/quote]

When it clicks Dan give me a shout.

We can then laugh at it together.

Leisure
26-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Howie - 'Leisure ...hardly in a great position to question attendances ..Burnley flying high ..abysmal attendances ...come on .' - Sorry but what has Burnley got to do with the MEN article? It only mentions Man City, Newcastle and Rovers! Seems that you're getting very touchy down Ewood these days!!

DanRrr
26-01-2014, 04:18 PM
You'll need better bait than that Leisure. Much better bait

Howie5o
26-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Howie - 'Leisure ...hardly in a great position to question attendances ..Burnley flying high ..abysmal attendances ...come on .' - Sorry but what has Burnley got to do with the MEN article? It only mentions Man City, Newcastle and Rovers! Seems that you're getting very touchy down Ewood these days!!

...and reading Clampits Mad ..so are you lot when it comes to lack of attendance/atmosphere ..:D - view external link (http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2111646734&page=1)