PDA

View Full Version : What an effort

m4d_lichties
25-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Gutted. What an effort. Great start to the game and on top for first 10-15 mins then pinned back for the rest of the half with Wallace giving us major problems. Second half started with Rangers on top but we came back into it and got the second goal on the break. After that we started to play well and it took an injury to MacLeod to change it with Templeton replacing him and he made the difference. Once they got the second you kinda new it was going to happen. Not sure if it was a penalty, could have been, but bl**dy typical. In fairness they should have had a pen in the first half when Keddie took out somebody at the back post. Then we pressed to the end with a good Bayne header straight at the keeper and then an attempt knocked off the Rangers line and somehow scrambled clear. How did that not go in??
Despite losing 3 goals I thought we defended brilliantly and certainly threw everything in front of the ball. I thought Keddie was excellent. The effort and commitment all over the par

Arbroath1
25-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Sounds like an incredible shift by the boys today. Hopefully we have turned the corner yes we did,nt win but surely with this effort the snipers can put the rifles away and suddenly realise that we are in the mix in this league. PS and the rest of the management team must see now that the majority of fans are right behind them. With Bobby on board till 2016 shows the future is rosy even if we do go down i will be first there for a season ticket. Bring on the Ayr hopefully Moffat is suspended...though )-:

lifelonglichtie
25-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Totally agree, it was a fantatic effort from the whole team and we deserved a point from the game. I heard one of their fans say as we left the ground "you were robbed today" which begs 2 questions
1. What was the penalty given for?

2. How can the players put in a performance like that and yet stuggle against poorer sides in the league?

Despite losing the game the players must have been given a boost by their performace and take a lot of confidence for the games ahead. Play the same next week and the points are in the bag!

ectolichtie
26-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Yes it was, but rest of results yesterday did not go our way, our season starts next week 7 home games left will need to win 4 or 5 of them and win 3 or so away games to be ok

Brizaldo
26-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Great all round team effort.PROUD PERFORMANCE from all, Once again a dubious /soft penalty Lets the Huns off. The only way is upwards now for Peanuts and the squad. Remaining Games are a must win to survive. I believe we can do it.>:)>:-)

smokie_bacon_crisps
26-01-2014, 03:48 PM
I think the performance of the team yesterday and supporters was summed up beautifully when Rangers finally took the lead for the first time that they started singing to us "You're not singing anymore" Little did they know that's a huge compliment, or perhaps McCulloch's statement last week is true, although not sure that Paul Sheerin has ever been paid 800,000 a season, never mind 400,000 to manage Arbroath.

I didn't see the penalty for Rangers but sadly I don't think our effort in the last minute was a penalty. From my viewpoint it seemed to bounce of Aird's chest and then got cleared away. So close though.

I thought the entire team gave it their all and each and every one had to have left the pitch feeling proud of their performances. It's hard to pick out anyone as everyone really did have a great game but I thought Ricky Little was outstanding. It certainly didn't look like he has been out for 6 months and really adds to our defence, which in turned allowed Banjo to get

broathrbest
26-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Ayr United have appealed the 6 match ban laid done by the old firmpfl as excessive as that thug Black only got a nine day ban , therefore he is free to play till said appeal hearing

ClashCityRocker
26-01-2014, 06:20 PM
All the Arbroath players did both the club and town proud yesterday - the team were outstanding.

What a fantastic performance.

Arbroath played and looked very much like a full time football team - Rangers were not given an inch on the park.

If we can finish mid table this season and regroup and aim for the play offs and a decent cup run next year we should be happy with that.

This season we have struggled with injuries, bad luck and just things not going our way - but things are starting to change.

Well done all the players for such a great team effort yesterday.

maroonie
26-01-2014, 07:32 PM
I agree with all the above posts and walked out of Ibrox with a sense of pride but also anger that it took a dodgy refs decision to finally break our resistance. Indeed one Rangers fan commented in the passing "You were robbed". In saying this we set a very high standard yesterday, and will have to maintain this level if we are to get the necessary points to stay up. It's no good raising our game for a game at Ibrox which we were unlikely to get anything from, then falling short against opponents we can realistically get points from. It's still possible and let's hope we can kick on from this and start the recovery this Sat. C'mon lichties.