PDA

View Full Version : Palace - MOM

YickLatic
25-01-2014, 06:03 PM
14 heroes today.

McLean, Roger, Ali, Boycie,

Maynard ran himself to a standstill with no great service from midfield.

Barnett never missed a thing.

I'll go for Barnett.

jocklatic
25-01-2014, 06:10 PM
14 heroes today.

McLean, Roger, Ali, Boycie,

Maynard ran himself to a standstill with no great service from midfield.

Barnett never missed a thing.

I'll go for Barnett.

I'd go for Mclean but thought hge could have passed the ball to powell on our final attack instead of going for it himself.
Didn't think much of Maynard , but he's not played much football lately so maybe more to come from him????

italia
25-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Espinoza by a mile , but everyone played their part

lincolnlatic
25-01-2014, 09:50 PM
I agree Roger by a mile

wiganer32
25-01-2014, 10:07 PM
McClean for me think he had a fantastic game he really deserved that goal

camltoe
25-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Al Habsi for me, kept them out numerous times with bloody good saves.

Highly commended: Roger, Watson. McClean also for his goal and assist, but my god is he a greed b'stard. Should have squared to Powell for a certain goal instead of spunking the shot, and the amount of times he ran into tackles or dead ends having missed the obvious pass/cross.

camltoe
25-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Having seen the highlights, Al Habsi without a shadow of doubt. If you say any one other than him, you're just wrong! ;D

guzss
25-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Having seen the highlights, Al Habsi without a shadow of doubt. If you say any one other than him, you're just wrong! ;D

Highlights were misleading. Not sure if you saw the full game but some of Al Habsis heroics were a function of his own initial mistakes in yet again not coming for crosses. He's a great shot stopper though.

My MOM was ben Watson, rarely missed a pass or an interception and scored a great goal from a great move. Bens not one of my favourites but showed real class today and another player I struggle with also had a good game. McLean is very frustrating but kept his head for the Watson lay in and finished well for his own. Showed the other side of his game in not squaring for Powell to finish the game.

Finally, we would have had no complaints with the penalty shout, but mcmannaman is getting unfair treatment in the press. The highlights showed nothing of his torture of the right back in the first half including a

camltoe
26-01-2014, 12:59 AM
Highlights were misleading. Not sure if you saw the full game but some of Al Habsis heroics were a function of his own initial mistakes in yet again not coming for crosses. He's a great shot stopper though.

My MOM was ben Watson, rarely missed a pass or an interception and scored a great goal from a great move. Bens not one of my favourites but showed real class today and another player I struggle with also had a good game. McLean is very frustrating but kept his head for the Watson lay in and finished well for his own. Showed the other side of his game in not squaring for Powell to finish the game.

Watson was brilliant today, stuck a foot in to break up play too many times to count on my fingers so I lost count, and he showed skill with his long balls out wide and to pick out runs from Macca and McClean. He'd have put a few through to Maynard too, but I'm not sure he was actually on the pitch? Anyway, you're just wrong, it was

WhoRYa
26-01-2014, 08:20 AM
Other than the photo of "that challenge" from last season they don't really allude to anything to me.
I'm pretty sure they're incorrect in the photo's caption though when they say he was banned for the challenge last season!!

Ihaventaclue
26-01-2014, 12:05 PM
In goal MOM was by a tailors mile ALI. Apart from a few wayward punts up the pitch he played a blinder. Back to his best.

In defence Boyceeeeeee because Boyceeee is just Boyceee and he stopped an unlikely goal by a subtle tug of the shoulder in the dieing minutes and didn't give a penalty.

All over the pitch - with out a doubt ROGER, followed closely by Jean B. He's improved since he's had his haircut, and so have I.

Up front Mclean except he should have passed to Powell. I'll be writing to Uwe about that.
There's a beer called 'Tangle Foot',d after Mclean.

Mid field Sir Ben.

Best game this season I reckon, along with the Maribor game, followed closely by Derby.

They've got the fear of the wrath of Uwe in them, in Uwe we trust!!

On the bench Jordi. Because he's class where ever he is.

On the terraces WhoRYa because he keeps an eye on the game and tells us how well the ref did!

italia
26-01-2014, 04:47 PM
I am re asserting my previous 'post' Espinoza by a mile and everyone played their part; but the most positive thing is that numerous 'posters' have virtually picked the whole team therefore it was . in short, a team !!!!!!!!!!! win as 'sir tommy gore' said to me many years ago; 'if 8/9 players win their battles' then you should get 'the result'