PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell and Aberdeen play out a draw

jwok
25-01-2014, 06:09 PM
End to end stuff, lots of energetic pressing, four goals...good entertainment? - view external link (www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/rprt/mtch/motherwell_and_aberdeen_play_out_a_draw_822382/index.shtml)

Sup3rw3ll
25-01-2014, 06:22 PM
oh well... yet another foul aberdeen goal steals points, while inconsistency allowed them away with general thuggery on the park. Another excellent display from a cat 1 SFA official.

wellin
25-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Go and have a look over on the sheep site. They reckon we are hammer throwers and should have had two men sent off in the first half. This is coming from a team who have stolen more points at fir park than i care to remember over the last couple of years.

dazlhigh
25-01-2014, 08:46 PM
I sit in the Davie Cooper; we all thought that big Shaun got the ball. It went in the direction it did because Shaun's foot sent it that way. A lot of the comment from the Dons fans - who couldn't have been much further from tha action and still been in Motherwell - seems based on watching the game on Alba, a luxury the ref - who had a bad day at the office in my view - doesn't have. And, it may be said, some Aberdeen supporters have put their heads above the parapet and said it wasn't a red card. Anyway, it's one of the prerogatives of the football fan to girn about opponents (e.g. Keith) who put themselves about, while not noticing the guy in your own midfield who does the same thing.

wellin
25-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Spot on. These aberdeen fans are getting just as bad as the ugly sisters fans i think. Every team needs that type of player and just about every team has one, including aberdeen. What every team doesn't have is referees that seem to be intent on giving them goals that should never stand, a factor in just about every game we've played against aberdeen at fir park recently. As a poster previously said, you would think they're the silkiest team on the planet.

RedStarTorphins
25-01-2014, 11:08 PM
oh well... yet another foul aberdeen goal steals points, while inconsistency allowed them away with general thuggery on the park. Another excellent display from a cat 1 SFA official.

loving the irony of someone who watches Hutchison & Lasley using the term thuggery XD XD XD XD

RedStarTorphins
25-01-2014, 11:10 PM
Spot on. These aberdeen fans are getting just as bad as the ugly sisters fans i think. Every team needs that type of player and just about every team has one, including aberdeen. What every team doesn't have is referees that seem to be intent on giving them goals that should never stand, a factor in just about every game we've played against aberdeen at fir park recently. As a poster previously said, you would think they're the silkiest team on the planet.

Scottish football is in the sh1ter partly players like Lasley are lauded.
Embarrassing

sword_of_truth
25-01-2014, 11:33 PM

Your joking right? XD

:star: :star:

sword_of_truth
25-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Go and have a look over on the sheep site. They reckon we are hammer throwers and should have had two men sent off in the first half. This is coming from a team who have stolen more points at fir park than i care to remember over the last couple of years.

"Stolen" as in deserved B)

sword_of_truth
25-01-2014, 11:36 PM

Like Murphy's XD

sword_of_truth
25-01-2014, 11:37 PM

Scottish football is in the sh1ter partly players like Lasley are lauded.
Embarrassing[/quote]

Lasley is up there with Goodwin :blue:

Sup3rw3ll
26-01-2014, 01:33 AM
the difference is lasley correctly got a yellow card, where as flood and robson got away with whatever they liked.

still, game in hand to be won and take back our second place... and we'll not need a hand ball to get the points either. ;D

sword_of_truth
26-01-2014, 09:24 AM
the difference is lasley correctly got a yellow card, where as flood and robson got away with whatever they liked.

still, game in hand to be won and take back our second place... and we'll not need a hand ball to get the points either. ;D

I think Inverness will have something to say about that, reckon it will be a draw. Infct i reckon we'll all have quite a few draws between the top 4 sides from now till the end of the season, should be good fun.

Wellup4it
26-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Overall a draw was the right result although it was sickening to lose a late goal in such an unsatisfactory manner. By my reckoning, in our games against the Dons this season, we've been on the receiving end of 3 bad penalty decisions in the first home game; had a perfectly good goal chalked off in the CIS Cup game; been denied a stonewall penalty at Pittodrie, and lost an illegal goal yesterday. Surely that run of luck can't continue?

Yesterday the ref spoiled the game. I thought Hutchinson was unlucky to be yellow carded in that he plainly went for the ball and got it. His momentum carried him through. Why the BBC made so much of it I don't know. By comparison Peter Pawlett's tackle was a shocker and he deliberately went for our man. A correct yellow card bordering on a red. Keith Lasley committed a stupid foul and was rightly booked for it. Flood committed exactly the same foul and got off with it.

steviex
26-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Overall a draw was the right result although it was sickening to lose a late goal in such an unsatisfactory manner. By my reckoning, in our games against the Dons this season, we've been on the receiving end of 3 bad penalty decisions in the first home game; had a perfectly good goal chalked off in the CIS Cup game; been denied a stonewall penalty at Pittodrie, and lost an illegal goal yesterday. Surely that run of luck can't continue?

Yesterday the ref spoiled the game. I thought Hutchinson was unlucky to be yellow carded in that he plainly went for the ball and got it. His momentum carried him through. Why the BBC made so much of it I don't know. By comparison Peter Pawlett's tackle was a shocker and he deliberately went for our man. A correct yellow card bordering on a red. Keith Lasley committed a stupid foul and was rightly booked for it. Flood committed exactly the same foul and got off with it.

Exactly both teams w

wellin
26-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Same could be said for your man flood. Who incidently must have hit every branch on the ugly tree.

Gowboy
26-01-2014, 01:37 PM
An absorbing game yesterday. Inevitably, both sets of fans have gripes about the opposition. I thought Keith was stupid leading with his arm but, equally, Willo Flood (a neat, effective, creative player) could have been booked for a similar offence. Having said that, Keith Lasley remains a very important player for us - positive attitude, excellent work rate and good touches on a consistently high level.
Hutchison - yellow card was right. Have not seen the game on Alba but could not see any handball by Anderson for late Dons equaliser from where I was sitting but if it was they got lucky albeit that I can see why they thought they 'deserved' a draw from pressure.
Good Aberdeen support - they have a good away support, yet at Pittodrie seem to lack the same focus on backing their team.
Interesting how we missed Fraser Kerr when he was injured - shows he could be an effective player for us. Thought Pawlett looked very effective for the Dons but most incisive piece of play was our second

jackdon
26-01-2014, 02:58 PM
[quote="Gowboy"]An absorbing game yesterday. Inevitably, both sets of fans have gripes about the opposition. I thought Keith was stupid leading with his arm but, equally, Willo Flood (a neat, effective, creative player) could have been booked for a similar offence. Having said that, Keith Lasley remains a very important player for us - positive attitude, excellent work rate and good touches on a consistently high level.
Hutchison - yellow card was right. Have not seen the game on Alba but could not see any handball by Anderson for late Dons equaliser from where I was sitting but if it was they got lucky albeit that I can see why they thought they 'deserved' a draw from pressure.
Good Aberdeen support - they have a good away support, yet at Pittodrie seem to lack the same focus on backing their team.
Interesting how we missed Fraser Kerr when he was injured - shows he could be an effective player for us. Thought Pawlett looked very effective for the Dons bu

dazlhigh
26-01-2014, 05:27 PM
We're fitba' fans, so fact/logic doesn't always come into it, but I did check the statistics for this season. The 'Well don't, I'm afraid, have a great record in the the Fair Play league with the disciplinary points we've racked up. I was, though, interested to see one of the teams which has an even worse record. Go on...guess!

afc_1983
26-01-2014, 05:36 PM
Enjoyed the game yesterday, well the 2nd half anyway.

Draw was the right result. Don't think we can say we deserved to win when we wasted chances and gave away soft goals - credit to Well for their 2nd goal though, was incisive play from Anier and good ball from Ainsworth. If I was nitpicking I would say Langfield was too close to his line. If he'd anticipated the danger he could have intercepted the ball across but hey ho.

In the end delighted with the point. Thought it was going to be one of those days with the number of balls either knocked off the line, blocked when goalbound or just evading our strikers.

The arguments about robust challenges are quite
interesting and I tend to agree with the posts about that recognise that players like Flood and Lasley are guys you love to hate but a necessity for teams to do well. Guys who put themselves about but who can play a bit.

Thought Lasley was fortunate not to go for second bookable when he wiped out Flood near the end. Haven't seen

sword_of_truth
26-01-2014, 07:02 PM

He never got the bal

Wellup4it
26-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Thought Lasley was fortunate not to go for second bookable when he wiped out Flood near the end.

I know the incident to which you're referring and thought Las was pushing his luck although a yellow card would have been a tad harsh. By the same token, Rooney could easily have picked up a second yellow card for leaving the field to celebrate with the away fans.

C'est la vie, its all history now.

sword_of_truth
26-01-2014, 07:50 PM
Always angers me when you see a player being booked for celebrating a goal, imagine that? XD

Or Refs are up their with the most inept in Europe :blue:

Wellup4it
26-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Thems are the rules although I personally don't agree with them.