PDA

View Full Version : Honestly...

harvey_7
25-01-2014, 07:15 PM
For those who went to the game today, what were your thoughts when Guly put the ball down to take the penalty ?? ;D

Dirtyweasel
25-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Pretty much the same as when I saw he was in the starting eleven - oh sh1t :blue:

He consistently looked an average player against a team sitting second from bottom in the Championship. Had we been playing a decent team I would've been genuinely embarrassed for him.

He has to go.

Pentridge
25-01-2014, 09:53 PM
How come Jay Rod didn't take the penno?

Pentridge
25-01-2014, 09:53 PM
How come Jay Rod didn't take the penno?

Dirtyweasel
25-01-2014, 09:57 PM
I'm guessing it was a pity vote from the players. I mean what other team is he likely to score against whilst wearing a Saints shirt?

PapaLazarou
26-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Guly didn't really do anything significantly wrong yesterday, nor did he shine against a side which sits toward the bottom of the Championship.

There's no denying he's been a good servant to the club, scoring some ***** goals along the way, but he's clearly missing the little extra that's needed to cut it in Premier League.

PapaLazarou
26-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Guly didn't do anything significantly wrong yesterday, nor did he shine against a side that currently sits in the lower reaches of the Championship.

There's no denying he's been a good servant to the club, scoring some ***** goals along the way, but he's clearly missing that little extra which is needed to cut it in the Premier League.

And to answer the original question - 'concerned'.

kernow
26-01-2014, 11:15 AM
I was thinking that I hope he scores because if he doesn't I'm going to be miserable.

He's a squad player that successive managers have put to good use to do a specific job. He's a Saint, never let us down and deserves praise. I'm glad he's fit again.

Brockley_Jack
26-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Agree with most of that K. Unfortunately I remember Stoke away last season.

Wasn't at the game due to gig commitments but when I checked the score and saw that Guly had scored I did have a moment and thought, really?!?! Then I saw the word 'pen' - repeat process.

Still, that lad did well to step up to the responsibility and he did send the keeper the wrong way. Fair play to him.

ShottermillSaint
26-01-2014, 12:38 PM
I was surprised that Jay Rod gave him the ball, fair play to Guly for scoring though.
I thought he did ok yesterday, but he played well for us when we were playing teams like Yeovil every week when we were both in League 1.

Seeing as he scored his first goal for over 2 years yesterday its worth reminding yourself that in our two promotion seasons he got 10 goals both years, the most important imo was the late winner against Bristol Rovers - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQbhkp2AwSY)

saintwayne
26-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Really pleased for him to get a goal yesterday. Was a good player for us in our rise up the leagues, he's not really PL quality but still gives his best when called upon, you can't ask for more than that.

harvey_7
26-01-2014, 04:44 PM
I have always liked him & felt he gets un fair stick at times but he is not a PL player unfortunately. But aslong as he gives 100% when called upon, then I have no complaint.

I also will never forget that goal versus Bristol Rovers.