PDA

View Full Version : Critical of Bowyer

needle
25-01-2014, 07:16 PM
I will for the first time criticise him today.I thought he got it wrong today . Starting XI was OK , bringing on Williamson for Marshall was fair enough , but in the second half he should have taken off Rhodes and Cairney and brought on Kane and Dunn . He also was ready to settle for a 1-0 win and then once they equalised he was happy for a draw .
Got to say tonight I`m more disappointed than for in a long long time .

Howie5o
25-01-2014, 07:31 PM
I will for the first time criticise him today.I thought he got it wrong today . Starting XI was OK , bringing on Williamson for Marshall was fair enough , but in the second half he should have taken off Rhodes and Cairney and brought on Kane and Dunn . He also was ready to settle for a 1-0 win and then once they equalised he was happy for a draw .

just got done at the end by a better team ..although i do question GB at times ..could easily have said leave Gestede on up front with Rhodes to try and put um on the back foot ..swings and roundabouts today ..

test
25-01-2014, 08:23 PM
My view of his management style is that he is very defensive minded and is content to hang on to whatever lead we may have, this is quite boring but necessary to keep us in this division. Obviously it will not get us promoted as our defence is not good enough to defend a 1-0 lead week in week out.
More work is needed in all areas if we are to return to our destiny.

MillHillRover
25-01-2014, 08:37 PM
I could see why he brought Kane on to help young Henley out as he was given an absolute mauling all afternoon and was tiring but IMO he would have been better just doing a straight swap with fresh legs and that would have left him with more options

walkersteeler
25-01-2014, 09:02 PM

Got to disagree with the Williamson comment... We were playing well at that point, he still has his defensive midfielder on (Lowe) and when Marshall got injured he should have put dunny on, a more creative player like Marshall.

Williamson meant we were more defensive, invited pressure and couldn't get a grip on midfield at all when Hughes came on for them. Williamson also had a shocker, the goal was his fault.

GB for me is very defensive minded, plays not to lose rather than attacking to win and today he got it