PDA

View Full Version : Just watch the game on Alba

jwok
25-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Hmmmm

I have to conclude that we were a tad fortunate. In terms of goal chances they were well on top. We defended well for the most part but when Kerr went off the game turned.

Oh... and a decisive 'Keeper would be a bonus!

steviex
25-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Hmmmm

I have to conclude that we were a tad fortunate. In terms of goal chances they were well on top. We defended well for the most part but when Kerr went off the game turned.

There is no doubt Aberdeen were due a point, at least, but had Kerr not got injured and the officials yet again not been blind would they have got it? .. I doubt it.

Yazz
25-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Agree about the Keeper JWOK, its by far our weakest link.

dazlhigh
25-01-2014, 08:26 PM
I don't know what to think. Given our record against Aberdeen at Fir Park I might well have settled for a draw before the game. Dons fans are away home feeling they 'deserved' to win. They perhaps need to consider that, while their new manager sends out a well-organised and motivated team, they're not, in my view, that much better than they were last season. We've played them twice recently; four points to us, one point to the Dons.
That's a fact, not an opinion.

steviex
25-01-2014, 08:45 PM
Hmmmm

There is no doubt Aberdeen were due a point, at least, but had Kerr not got injured and the officials yet again not been blind would they have got it? .. I doubt it.[/quote]

To listen to Aberdeen fans youd think they were the silkiest footballing team on the planet and the rest a bunch of cluggers. There is no doubt they are a vastly improved side but once they take a deep breath they maybe consider yeah they had 17 shots on our goal today but 5 were on target. Had it not been for completely incompetent officials they would have left with fpuck all.

I do not grudge them their point their play deserved it but to listen to some of their fans they are completely bl

sword_of_truth
25-01-2014, 11:30 PM
I don't know what to think. Given our record against Aberdeen at Fir Park I might well have settled for a draw before the game. Dons fans are away home feeling they 'deserved' to win. They perhaps need to consider that, while their new manager sends out a well-organised and motivated team, they're not, in my view, that much better than they were last season. We've played them twice recently; four points to us, one point to the Dons.
That's a fact, not an opinion.

Don't be silly, we're a much better team than last season as results prove.

:star: :star:

sword_of_truth
25-01-2014, 11:33 PM
Hmmmm

There is no doubt Aberdeen were due a point, at least, but had Kerr not got injured and the officials yet again not been blind would they have got it? .. I doubt it.[/quote]

To listen to Aberdeen fans youd think they were the silkiest footballing team on the planet and the rest a bunch of cluggers. There is no doubt they are a vastly improved side but once they take a deep breath they maybe consider yeah they had 17 shots on our goal today but 5 were on target. Had it not been for completely incompetent officials they would have left with fpuck all.

I do not grudge them their point their play deserved it but to listen

steviex
26-01-2014, 08:44 AM
Hmmmm

I do not grudge t

theoninedog
26-01-2014, 09:07 AM
First time ive visited firpark. Nice away fixture, cracking little social club-i'll defo be back.
Ive watched the last two games against well and must say i dont know why we havnt won at least one of those games. Yesterday it seemed we were pretty dangerous at dimes pinging crosses in, yetthe ball always seemed to fall for well.

being well organised as well are counts fir a lot, as over thelast coupleof meetings between us, i havnt seen much more than that from your team.
Maybe you wernt at your best yesterday however, i dont know.

Impressed with your little band of ultras.

Glad your man from stavanger (anja- ??) wasnt on from the start.
The times ive seen him, hes been a quality finisher.

Anyhow all the best in your quest for third.;D

Wellup4it
26-01-2014, 09:43 AM
I thought we earned our draw yesterday but suffered from lack of self belief in the second half. Certainly Fraser Kerr's enforced departure was a crucial point in the game and Aberdeen took full advantage of our weakness after he left the field. Our second goal was the pick of the bunch and a real gem.

Overall, mistakes were made off the field and they may have been costly although some of the players need to examine their performances and I'm sure they will do. Right now Anier needs to start before McFadden and that may have been a factor yesterday. Also would it have been better to switch Hammell to right back and play ZFA at left back.

Credit to Stuart Carswell for agreeing to play right back in our hour of need but a right back he'll never be and we'll need to have another Plan B next time our right backs are in short supply.

I thought our tactics in the second half were very disappointing. Yes, our breaks were effective but we sat back far too deeply and showed lack of

steviex
26-01-2014, 09:45 AM
First time ive visited firpark. Nice away fixture, cracking little social club-i'll defo be back.
Ive watched the last two games against well and must say i dont know why we havnt won at least one of those games. Yesterday it seemed we were pretty dangerous at dimes pinging crosses in, yetthe ball always seemed to fall for well.

being well organised as well are counts fir a lot, as over thelast coupleof meetings between us, i havnt seen much more than that from your team.
Maybe you wernt at your best yesterday however, i dont know.

Impressed with your little band of ultras.

Glad your man from stavanger (anja- ??) wasnt on from the start.
The times ive seen him, hes been a quality finisher.

Anyhow all the best in your quest for third.;D

With the keeper we have my gran would be dangerous pinging in crosses.. that said I take nowt away from Aberdeen tremendous fighting spirit and a much better team than last year, even if som

jackdon
26-01-2014, 10:11 AM
[quote="steviex"]First time ive visited firpark. Nice away fixture, cracking little social club-i'll defo be back.

I wouldn't say it's the Aberdeen fans that are blinkered.
It's a total mystery to me how Lasley (once again) got away with that blatant elbow on Flood.
Even if Hutchinsons challenge was only a yellow, His lack of concern for young Ryan Jack's injury says it all to me.His season is probably over.
Couldnt make it yesterday ,but listened to Radio Scotland & watched the game on Alba, Motherwell's tackling was far too aggressive & even before the Jack incident your player should have been booked & we should have had a penalty for the challenge on Rooney (about 5mns

steviex
26-01-2014, 10:18 AM
"Quote" I wouldn't say it's the Aberdeen fans that are blinkered.
It's a total mystery to me how Lasley (once again) got away with that blatant elbow on Flood.
Even if Hutchinsons challenge was only a yellow, His lack of concern for young Ryan Jack's injury says it all to me.His season is probably over.
Couldnt make it yesterday ,but listened to Radio Scotland & watched the game on Alba, Motherwell's tackling was far too aggressive & even before the Jack incident your player should have been booked & we should have had a penalty for the challenge on Rooney (about 5mns in)"Quote"

You just merely reinforce my point the very fact all you can see is what you perceive was done to you and nothing that your own were doing says it all. If you took your blinkers off you'd notice. However there is no point listing counter observations of your own teams bruising as you are clearly unable to see it other than Aberdeen were saints and Motherwell were sinners.

Your concern about Hutchisons apparen

WestCoastDon
26-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Your concern about Hutchisons apparent lack of interest in Jacks injury really defies belief. Were Aberdeen players lining up to hold Kerrs hand before he was stretchered off.

So the fact you got a hand ball goal isn't enough you wanted a penalty too... aye blinkered just about sums it up.

Kerr had to be strechered off not because of a tackle from an Aberdeen player but as a direct result of a terrible tackle by Lansley. Pretty good, even for him, causing two player to be subbed because of one of his tackles.

sword_of_truth
26-01-2014, 07:00 PM
[quote="steviex" I wouldn't say it's the Aberdeen fans that are blinkered.
Couldnt make it yesterday ,but listened to Radio Scotland & watched the game on Alba, Motherwell's tackling was far too aggressive & even before the Jack incident your player should have been booked & we should have had a penalty for the challenge on Rooney (about 5mns in)"Quote"

You just merely reinforce my point the very fact all you can see is what you perceive was done to you and nothing that your own were doing says it all. If you took your blinkers off you'd notice. However there is no point listing counter observations of your own teams bruising as you are clearly unable to see it other than Aberdeen were saints and Motherwell were si

steviex
26-01-2014, 10:20 PM
[quote="sword_of_truth" I wouldn't say it's the Aberdeen fans that are blinkered.

You just merely reinforce my point the very fact all you can see is what you perceive was done to you and nothing that your own were doing says it all. If you took your blinkers off you'd notice. However there is no point listing counter observations of your own teams bruising as you are clearly unable to see it ot

steviex
26-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Your concern about Hutchisons apparent lack of interest in Jacks injury really defies belief. Were Aberdeen players lining up to hold Kerrs hand before he was stretchered off.

So the fact you got a hand ball goal isn't enough you wanted a penalty too... aye blinkered just about sums it up.

Kerr had to be strechered off not because of a tackle from an Aberdeen player but as a direct result of a terrible tackle by Lansley. Pretty good, even for him, causing two player to be subbed because of one of his tackles.[/quote]

FFS this gets better with every post. So a stretchered off injury is only worthy of concern if its caused by an opponent.

Why don't you guys just enjoy your point and just try and be a bit less like Rangers fans in your greetin.

You have plenty to be pleased about this season but all you've done since the final whistle is bitch like a bunch of wee lassies about b

sword_of_truth
27-01-2014, 12:49 AM
[quote="steviex" I wouldn't say it's the Aberdeen fans that are blinkered.

You just merely reinforce my point the very fact all you can see is what you perceive was done to you and nothing that your own were doing says it all. If you took your blinkers off you'd notice. However there is no point listing counter observations of your own teams br

steviex
27-01-2014, 01:21 PM
[quote="sword_of_truth" I wouldn't say it's the Aberdeen fans that are blinkered.

You just merely reinforce my point the very fact all you can see is what you perceive was done to you and nothing that your own were doing says it all. If you took your blinkers off you'd notice. However there is no poi

wellin
27-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Well said mate. They should go and read Bill Leckies piece in the sun about hutchies tackle. As he says he thought it wasn't even a foul never mind a booking.

skippy91
27-01-2014, 07:27 PM
None of the Dandy Dons fans who are still greetin about Hutchies tackle on their site seem to remember Considines forearm smash on Carswell 2nd half..for the older viewer Mick Mcmanus woul have been proud. Talk about Smeltic fans being parinoid u should read some of their comments breathtaking...

jackdon
28-01-2014, 06:38 PM
None of the Dandy Dons fans who are still greetin about Hutchies tackle on their site seem to remember Considines forearm smash on Carswell 2nd half..for the older viewer Mick Mcmanus woul have been proud. Talk about Smeltic fans being parinoid u should read some of their comments breathtaking...

Paranoid ?
breathtaking ?

See young Ryan is out for 8 weeks, hope 'hutchie' is proud of himself.

How can that be after a 'fair challenge' ?

Wellup4it
28-01-2014, 07:21 PM
[quote="jackdon" date="18:38 on 28 Jan

See young Ryan is out for 8 weeks, hope 'hutchie' is proud of himself.

How can that be after a 'fair challenge' ?[/quote]

Its not unknown for a player to suffer a very serious injury without any tackle or contact whatsoever. Even if physical contact were to be banned from football there would still be injuries.

The tackle was quite fair if robust and as Willie Miller said it was much ado about nothing. There was no malintent. Andrew Considine tried to injure a fellow professional and wasn't even yellow carded - I'm still waiting to hear Derek McInnes or any Aberdeen fan condemning that.

wellin
28-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Out for 8 weeks? Absolute b*******. according to every other report iv'e heard he's fit for saturday.

skippy91
31-01-2014, 12:18 AM
Jackdon, Discuss the matter with your
Brother Hard...think about it...:D :D :D