PDA

View Full Version : Butcher sets the record straight re: Rooney

1875STEVE
25-01-2014, 08:17 PM
He aint very happy, wants a word with the Journo. :D

[quote]Hibs’ boss Terry Butcher walked into the crowded press conference ahead of tomorrow’s clash with Celtic, clutching a print out of an article which appeared in the national press last week suggesting that Hibs had been outbid by Aberdeen for the signature of Adam Rooney.

After reading out the article and naming the journalist concerned, who thankfully wasn’t present, Butcher gave his view of the content: “Absolute b*llocks, excuse my French. A load of rubbish. I spoke to Adam’s agent and he wanted a permanent deal, whereas we are looking more at loan deals. But we never got around to talking figures or anything like that. I said you’ve another year left on your contract so come to us on loan but I couldn’t commit to a long- term contract, but I’ve worked with him before and I was optimistic he would come to us but the lure of a very lucrative deal was what he wanted so it was never a case of us offering him anything, he just

theoldman
25-01-2014, 09:27 PM
He gave it bash and it didn't work out lets move on. Get the feeling with taking him on loan he may have had someone else in mind for the summer.

Get_it_up_ya
25-01-2014, 10:42 PM
I think said journo was a very lucky lad not to be present :O XD

The futures Bright the Futures Green and White

Brian
GGTTH
http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk

OFFLEYHIBEE
26-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Are you not missing the point here

Aberdeen offer a lucrative contract and we offer o loan deal to one of our genuine targets

Suspect butch would have liked the 4 out by now although IMO we have a role for Thompson to play

The week ahead is shaping up to be the usual disappointment

afc_1983
26-01-2014, 05:05 PM
I'm not being funny but why was Butcher only looking for a loan?

Rooney negotiated a free from Oldham - Aberdeen can't afford to pay a fee - so why was Butcher not in that market and wanting a loan instead? Doesn't make sense.

I was at Fir Park yesterday. Rooney is a better option than anyone else we have up front so encouraged by what I saw. Just think butcher may have been outsmarted by McInnes in how he handled the Rooney approach as I'd imagine Hibs would have been well placed to get Rooney ahead of us because of the Butcher connection if Hibs had pushed for it more.

1875STEVE
26-01-2014, 08:07 PM
I'm not being funny but why was Butcher only looking for a loan?

Rooney negotiated a free from Oldham - Aberdeen can't afford to pay a fee - so why was Butcher not in that market and wanting a loan instead? Doesn't make sense.

I was at Fir Park yesterday. Rooney is a better option than anyone else we have up front so encouraged by what I saw. Just think butcher may have been outsmarted by McInnes in how he handled the Rooney approach as I'd imagine Hibs would have been well placed to get Rooney ahead of us because of the Butcher connection if Hibs had pushed for it more.

Because basically Pat Fenlon blew most of the budget in the summer.

I don't think there is the cash sitting there the now to put any permanent deals in place.

Hibs pushed the boat out a bit in the summer paying cash for Collins & Nelson and a small fee for Heff, and I think the game plan was to only tweak the squad in January.

But as per Fenlon went out an sig

1875STEVE
26-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Are you not missing the point here

Aberdeen offer a lucrative contract and we offer o loan deal to one of our genuine targets

Suspect butch would have liked the 4 out by now although IMO we have a role for Thompson to play

The week ahead is shaping up to be the usual disappointment

Nope I don't think so, Fenlon blew most of the budget in the summer, and now Butcher's hands are tied until this summer.

Rooney would have been a good singing, and perfect foil for Collins, AND they payed together before, but there will be more forward's of his quality on the go in the summer.

Mind you IMO, im still not 100% convinced the forwards are the problem.

If there's no chances created they aint going to score.

Collins and Heff will get goals with supply.

Harris is getting back to fitness and im convinced if we bring in a tricky, creative type in midfield, and a right sided, fast player, you'll see a different Hibs side.