PDA

View Full Version : Pullis is a Kn@b

jocklatic
25-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Heard a few comments from Pullis on the radio after the match. Complaining about the ref today & decisions not going his way. Said there were 2 big decisions that never went their way which he described as game changers - sour grapes me thinks.
I was going to post about the ref & Liner on the East stand side being awful with some of the decisions against us but decided against it until i heard what the CHAV Pullis spouting off about the ref on the radio. He doesn't wear them glasses during the match for nothing i guess.

FA CUP CHAMPIONS - we know who we are ...Tony
:D :D :D

lincolnlatic
25-01-2014, 10:01 PM
the only big decision i can think of that didn't go their way was the penalty claim in the second half, it would have been harsh but seen them given

camltoe
25-01-2014, 10:02 PM
That East stand lino was a thorn in our side; always 10 yards behind play so missed a couple of blatant off side calls. First time in a long time I remember one blocking a player off (Macca) from getting on the end of his own flick.

I'll have to watch the highlights for confirmation, but Pullis could have a point regarding the penalty call. It happened right in front of me in ES2 and Boyce certainly appeared to have hold of his shirt. Granted, he fell over like the proverbial bag of ****e, but certainly in the category of seen them given. an't think of the other decision he's referring to.

Which round do we have to reach before we all start taking this FA Cup lark seriously again?

EDIT: Lincoln's ninja'd me with the, "seen them given" comment!

jocklatic
25-01-2014, 10:43 PM
That East stand lino was a thorn in our side; always 10 yards behind play so missed a couple of blatant off side calls. First time in a long time I remember one blocking a player off (Macca) from getting on the end of his own flick.

I'll have to watch the highlights for confirmation, but Pullis could have a point regarding the penalty call. It happened right in front of me in ES2 and Boyce certainly appeared to have hold of his shirt. Granted, he fell over like the proverbial bag of ****e, but certainly in the category of seen them given. an't think of the other decision he's referring to.

Which round do we have to reach before we all start taking this FA Cup lark seriously again?

EDIT: Lincoln's ninja'd me with the, "seen them given" comment!

Camel
Thot the ref got a few wrong -ly not booking Jerome in the 2nd half for diving just outside the 18 yard box - ref bottled it as he knew it would be a second yellow for d

camltoe
25-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Yeah, forgot about his antics. Chamakh, or however you spell it, was like bambi on ice every time he was in a dangerous area too.

guzss
25-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Pulis likes to be the victim but will be disappointed with his side and especially his midfield who were dominated today. The witchhunt on macca is outrageous. Barnett came across just before start of second half to make it clear to Puncheon (himself a cheating diver) that he had better shut it. But macca after a fabulous first half was watching for some dubious foot ins from puncheon. The incident itself was caused by the Palace defender charging in like a banshee. Maybe macca caught him but it wasn't deliberate, the injuries were self inflicted by him being out of control.

tommy_wafc
26-01-2014, 12:29 AM
Saw Pulis's comments earlier and thought the same. Throughout the entire match, all 3 officials gave every single 50/50 decisions Palaces favour and some blatant decisions in our favour, Palace's way. Cue the ironic cheers every time we got a free kick or even a bloody offside against one of them.

Jerome should have seen red for a ridiculous dive second half, having been booked for a dive first half. Gayle should also have been booked for a dive shortly after coming on. Mariappa went in for a late lunge and was not carded, yet Wilbraham did very little yet got booked just after?

Jones is a poor ref and his linesmen were embarrassingly poor.

As for their penalty shout, I was too far away to see any shirt pull, all I saw was Gayle throw himself to the floor dramatically as if he'd been shot. If his shirt was being pulled, why did his legs jump in the air? He dived himself out of a penalty.

WhoRYa
26-01-2014, 07:49 AM
I think Pulis was right
Said elsewhere that I think Macca should have been sent off for his challenge.
That was also a nailed on penalty at the end. Boyce messed that up for me - he should have got to the ball first, left it & then misjudged the bounce so the guy got in behind him, then he grabbed his shirt.
That's a penalty regardless of whether the guy then went on to only fall over when he realised he'd lost the ball

That's not to say that I thought Jones didn't get some decisions wrong in their favour but for me the 2 biggest decisions he made he got wrong & they would have been game changing had he got em right

timeofmylife
26-01-2014, 02:07 PM
How poor were they for a premier league side? You'd have thought we were the premier side. Palace, welcome to the championship, the waters lovely :-)

italia
26-01-2014, 04:55 PM
The Final ; Wigan Athletic 2 Everton 'Athletic' 1

jocklatic
26-01-2014, 07:55 PM
The Final ; Wigan Athletic 2 Everton 'Athletic' 1

Italia
Said the same to my lad coming away from the match yesterday that, wouldn't it be ironic if we met Everton in the final - would be nice to 'BELIEVE' :D :D