PDA

View Full Version : D_D's player ratings vs. Blackburn

D_D
26-01-2014, 02:59 AM
Here's today's ratings vs. Blackburn.

Apologies for any mistakes, I've had a few beverages in Derbados tonight!

Anyway, the ratings...

Grant 7- A steady performance, with not much to do. I personally think he couldn't do anything with their goal, and he looked lively and commanding.

Wisdom 7- Solid performance, not sparkling, but very assured.

Keogh 7- Steady play and decent leadership, he continues to cement his place in the team.

Buxton 7- Dealt with two very good strikers well, but may have to take some responsibility for their goal. Srill, he looks every inch the championship centre back many on here have said he is not.

Forsyth 6- Got forward well at times but the final ball was lacking. He was generally steady, but outclassed at times.

Eustace 5- One of his worse games. (the point goes to anfry this week, not rapid ;) ) He looked pomnderous with the ball, leading to slow, boring play. It wasn't his game, but I still consider him important to the team.

Hendrick 6- Played

AngryRam
26-01-2014, 08:44 AM
Thought Wisdom would be a 6. I have a question about him at a higher level. Little Angry always says he seems to get himself in trouble but then his strength gets him out of it. Point is when he goes back to Liverpool and plays Prem/European football, he should not be getting himself into trouble and better forwards will fill their boots. Still for us in the Championship a class act but average yesterday.
>:(

su4eranio
26-01-2014, 10:11 AM
About right DD.

Forsyth possibly better than what you gave him. Defensively, I thought he was good, and as always he was heavily involved in getting balls across the box from the left. The only negative was he had 2 half decent chances that he ought to have done better. I would say he was the better of our FBs on the day

Sammon...as much as going to 442 made a great impact, cant see how he warranted a 7. He did ok, but a 7?

I think when Martin gets nullified like yesterday, 442 is a great option to have from our bench. Noticably improved us yesterday as a formation. Horses for courses!!

D_D
26-01-2014, 10:43 AM
The Wisdom and Forsyth ratings could have been switched around, I suppose. It all depends on te criteria. Whilst Forsyth was solid, in today's game I thought some of our better chances could have come from the full-backs, and Forsyth, moreso than Wisdom, was wasteful. Still, a 6 is perhaps harsh considering his solid defensive play. Right you are Eranio!

Sammon, whether it was as a result of his energy or just the change in system, made a big difference. He occupied space well, drawing defenders, and through that we started to get more chances, so I stand by the 7.

Angry, I was so close to giving Eustace an 8, underlined and in bold, just to make your blood boil ;) , but in all seriousness, he wasn't at it yesterday. I love how you put me in rapid's boat, a "Eustace lover", who overhypes his importance, and rapid has told me on numerous occasions "D_D, clearly not a fan of Eustace then?" XD I can't win!

su4eranio
26-01-2014, 11:59 AM
I still think Eustace plays an important role in the team. He'll never steal the show, but allows others to do that. Sure Angry and I would have debated for longer but for dinner and a Blackburn mate turning up. He did make a good point tho about others in that role. We dont think Jeff has the discipline for it, but agreed that Bailey is cut out for it and played the holding role to great effect in his better days. Just a thought.

Another thing that strikes me is that when Martin not on it, Eust seems to mirror him.

Anyway, we have a squad now that can switch to 442 and give us options. Lets home we find our shooting boots on Tues

COYR

AngryRam
26-01-2014, 09:09 PM
The Wisdom and Forsyth ratings could have been switched around, I suppose. It all depends on te criteria. Whilst Forsyth was solid, in today's game I thought some of our better chances could have come from the full-backs, and Forsyth, moreso than Wisdom, was wasteful. Still, a 6 is perhaps harsh considering his solid defensive play. Right you are Eranio!

Sammon, whether it was as a result of his energy or just the change in system, made a big difference. He occupied space well, drawing defenders, and through that we started to get more chances, so I stand by the 7.

Angry, I was so close to giving Eustace an 8, underlined and in bold, just to make your blood boil ;) , but in all seriousness, he wasn't at it yesterday. I love how you put me in rapid's boat, a "Eustace lover", who overhypes his importance, and rapid has told me on numerous occasions "D_D, clearly not a fan of Eustace then?" XD I can't win!

Never miss an opportunity to d

UpTheRams1884
26-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Hughes MOTM for me, he ran the show when he came on. Bamford one word QUALITY

Rapid
27-01-2014, 12:12 AM
Ward 5- Another poor showing from Ward. His inconsistency

you see I think ward's very consistent D_D. consistently ****e!