PDA

View Full Version : Sam Gallagher

Dirtyweasel
26-01-2014, 09:17 AM
Really good to see him score yesterday, and a nice touch to see every Saints player come over and congratulate him. I have a sneaky feeling that will be the first of many B) O:)

Brockley_Jack
26-01-2014, 10:42 AM
I think he will start to break in to the first team in the oncoming months. Sod off Osvaldo, we all know you're not wanted, now you're not needed.

saintwayne
26-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Well taken goal too. :)

OhWell
26-01-2014, 03:23 PM
He is a real goal scorer and might just be the next Alan Shearer. I saw him score a hat-trick in our 7-0 demolition of Pompey in the FA Youth Cup. The only downside of him becoming a regular in the first team squad is that he might not be available for our 4th round FA Youth Cup match, which is at St Mary's the night after the Arsenal game.

harvey_7
26-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Like Wayne said it was very well taken & he does look like he's maturing, hopefully the first of many.

proclaimer
26-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Been on the radar for a while and yet another cracking example of what happens when you invest time and money into developing talent. Bloody shame the rules allow vultures to poach them too easily from clubs that work hard at this. .

PapaLazarou
26-01-2014, 05:47 PM
Thought he looked very good when he came on, certainly not out of place that's for sure.

He seems to have a good first touch, can shoot with both feet and, for an 18 year old, he's already got some stature about him.

Took his goal very well and could easily have netted at least one more.

All being well, another golden nugget churned out by the Academy - good work by all concerned. B)

Brockley_Jack
26-01-2014, 05:53 PM
He is a real goal scorer and might just be the next Alan Shearer. I saw him score a hat-trick in our 7-0 demolition of Pompey in the FA Youth Cup. The only downside of him becoming a regular in the first team squad is that he might not be available for our 4th round FA Youth Cup match, which is at St Mary's the night after the Arsenal game.

Welcome to the board OhWell. B)

PapaLazarou
27-01-2014, 03:53 PM
With Lambert not 100% fit (tight hamstring), there's a suggestion that Gallagher may well play a part against Arsenal tomorrow night, with Pochettino having 'no fears' about playing him..

From his performance on Saturday, I see no reason why he couldn't cause Arsenal a few problems..

OhWell
27-01-2014, 05:57 PM

Welcome to the board OhWell. B)[/quote]

Thank you, Jack.

ShottermillSaint
27-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Been on the radar for a while and yet another cracking example of what happens when you invest time and money into developing talent. Bloody shame the rules allow vultures to poach them too easily from clubs that work hard at this. .

Erm, we signed him from Plymouth a couple of years back

In answer to the original point i was impressed, before he scored he got a good strike on target which the keeper failed to hold and nearly fell to Lallana on the rebound. Looks very promising and with a little more composure could have scored a couple more.
A place on the bench tomorrow night would be right imo

Pentridge
27-01-2014, 07:01 PM

Welcome to the board OhWell. B)[/quote]

Yes welcome.

(sorry for thinking you were a skate)

Dirtyweasel
27-01-2014, 07:13 PM

Erm, we signed him from Plymouth a couple of years back

In answer to the original point i was impressed, before he scored he got a good strike on target which the keeper failed to hold and nearly fell to Lallana on the rebound. Looks very promising and with a little more composure could have scored a couple more.
A place on the bench tomorrow night would be right imo[/quote]

If only we had a multi million pound striker to stand in for the injured SRL :blue: