PDA

View Full Version : Very disappointed

duschko
26-01-2014, 12:09 PM
It’s not often I write at length but as it’s a wet morning and the alternative is work, I’ll get the following off my chest.
The last three performances against good sides had really sent me off to Tranmere full of optimism that the three points gained would launch us onwards and upwards. Unfortunately the team seemed imbued with the same (over) confidence and served up a first half devoid of anything we had seen since the turn of the year. Conceding a set-piece goal to a header from a diminutive full back is bad enough but Kelvin Mellor’s antics before leaving him on his own were inexcusable.
I was still confident that we could turn it round, but despite a vastly improved 2nd half this turned into one of the most disappointing results of the season (which is saying a lot). Chuks only fired sporadically and without his passing there is little inspiration for anyone either on or off the pitch. Grant worked tirelessly but I’m afraid Evans is no Neil Sorvel. No idea how to move the ball f

VindePays2009
26-01-2014, 04:35 PM
On my first viewing of the Alex this season, sadly I have to agree.

I was looking forward to seeing Chuks play, but he might as well have not been on the pitch.

Byron seemed to be having one of his nesh days, so there was to be little threat down the right.

Having said that, the two killer crosses into the box, of the kind that Hulsey used to feast on, did come from that quarter. But one fizzed straight across, and Uche was not quite savvy enough to get on the end of the other.

Pogs's would have been the goal of the millenium if it had gone in, or else it can be called a desperate thrash.

I think, though, that both Pogs and Uche should start, and try to play their way into a rapport with one another. Ajay, sadly, is too slight and easily brushed off, and just not at the races these days. Also, we want to see if Uche and his mate Chuks have any telepathic understanding.

But how can we do better if no killer passes are ever threaded through? Grant seems like Osman in just shiftin

ALEXKNOWALL
26-01-2014, 05:34 PM
[quote="duschko"]It’s not often I write at length but as it’s a wet morning and the alternative is work, I’ll get the following off my chest.
The last three performances against good sides had really sent me off to Tranmere full of optimism that the three points gained would launch us onwards and upwards. Unfortunately the team seemed imbued with the same (over) confidence and served up a first half devoid of anything we had seen since the turn of the year. Conceding a set-piece goal to a header from a diminutive full back is bad enough but Kelvin Mellor’s antics before leaving him on his own were inexcusable.
I was still confident that we could turn it round, but despite a vastly improved 2nd half this turned into one of the most disappointing results of the season (which is saying a lot). Chuks only fired sporadically and without his passing there is little inspiration for anyone either on or off the pitch. Grant worked tirelessly but I’m afraid Evans is n

PAULCAFC
26-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Tranmere are not a good side and should have been there for the taking, despite playing well in previous games we appeared to have not turned up yesterday, very poor and despite playing well previously we still lost most of the games, we still lack threat up front and unless we start putting chances away we will go down, less than a goal a game scored will not keep us up, we have now played more games than some and are running out of matches, need wins, scruffy wins will do rather than losing and 'played well', time for
POGBA to start firing soon!

Timon
26-01-2014, 11:58 PM
I'm a big SD fan but cannot believe he didn't freshen things up. The starting team looked knackered in the warm up FFS. Having said that I'd rather be in our poor shoes than their's, relying on a group of 30 something mercenaries & a style of football that's about as interesting as the Times cryptic crossword on a wet Monday morning.

I get the point about Kenaldinho but also remember with nightmarish detail a game at PP c1999 when George Santos kicked Kenny all round the pitch until he went looking for his mummy. Sort of sums up Tranny football to me, that & Dave Challinors's long throws - nurse!

duschko
27-01-2014, 08:54 AM
Was that when KL scored from the halfway line and it wasn't given as the linesman was also near the halfway line? I'm actually pleased the team has now got more presence and stands up for itself, but oh for a decent passer of the ball from midfield. Pity Billy Waters is so slight.