PDA

View Full Version : burnley town

Whatsmore
26-01-2014, 03:53 PM
been to burnley this afternoon because stepson lives in waterfoot so we went over just for a run out.its unusual as a town centre in the fact that its very 50's articulturaly in some parts,they have a market were you walk up some steps painted white very unique.some of the buildings are historical and nice to look at,but also like Bolton looks derelict closed shops etc in some parts.overall we liked it cos it made a change from Bolton on a sunday afternoon but we wont be rushing back.saw a guy in a long pink wig who had a Neanderthal face short dress and fishnet stockings what site,i wonderd if it was stan van nell you never know:D :D as a footnote to these ramblings since coyle got sacked the burnley fans on here have buggerd off and its a shame because the good ones enriched the site and the banter was funny at times.

JimmyJazz64
26-01-2014, 06:06 PM
It wouldn't be stan he only wears that clobber after dark ;D

Yeah, I was in Burnley a couple of months ago after a trip to Cltheroe. Sad place now - just like most North West town centres - Bolton, Blackburn, etc

Although, if you think they are bad, I've spent most of my day today round Ashton, Stalybridge, Dukinfield, etc. Now they really are sh1tholes!!!

Whatsmore
26-01-2014, 06:28 PM
know what you mean with ashton dukinfield areas jimmy mrs W used to drag me to the markets at ashton on sundays till I threatened suicide then strangely she upped our goings to weekdays aswel:D :D jimmy when you go to scotts what time are you in?will you be in for Bournemouth game?

paderbornclaret
26-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the update on Utopia Whatsmore...great for us exiles to hear the town's still thriving...and ***ually open for anything. Some things never change. XD

campo21
26-01-2014, 07:07 PM
been to burnley this afternoon because stepson lives in waterfoot so we went over just for a run out.its unusual as a town centre in the fact that its very 50's articulturaly in some parts,they have a market were you walk up some steps painted white very unique.some of the buildings are historical and nice to look at,but also like Bolton looks derelict closed shops etc in some parts.overall we liked it cos it made a change from Bolton on a sunday
afternoon but we wont be rushing back.saw a guy in a long pink wig who had a Neanderthal face short dress and fishnet stockings what site,i wonderd if it was stan van nell you never know:D :D as a footnote to these ramblings since coyle got sacked the burnley fans on here have buggerd off and its a shame because the good ones enriched the site and the banter was funny at times.
It couldn't of been stan he wears a long blonde wig.XD,it must of been one of his mates.XD

Stan_van_nel
26-01-2014, 08:09 PM
No that wasn't me.

I'm usually dressed as a nun... - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vchaULNuytg)

campo21
26-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Keep up the good work stan burnley needs a laugh.

klassnic
28-01-2014, 01:57 AM
best thing about Burnley is DAVE's Bank

Peter_Nobles_Wig
28-01-2014, 11:45 AM
"saw a guy in a long pink wig who had a Neanderthal face short dress and fishnet stockings"

I saw that guy too.. what a sight!!! At first I thought "Fancy Dress Party" but it was lunch time and the rip in his fishnets suggested he'd had a very rough night XD XD XD

Whatsmore
29-01-2014, 10:09 PM
blimey PNW cant believe someone else on here saw him to,i tell you peter the guy put the sh its up me it was bizzar the stuff of a steven king horror what a welcome for us to burnley town I mean we have some freaks in Bolton but that thing in the pink wig well that's just not helping your burnley tourist board very much cos im sure never to return sorry:D :D :D