PDA

View Full Version : AŁ300.000 a week

eamonnram
26-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Man utd are offering shriek AŁ300.000 a week. Whats happening to this beautiful game we was all brought up with? Its identity and traditional values. How on God's earth can a man kicking a ball be on so much money a week? Why dont we put a salary cap on these greedy *******s before our game goes to the wall? If this is the greed leauge we are fighting so hard to get into. Then how the hell can you compete with that. You then have chelski and man city with their billions. What about ffp? The only hope we have is that a billionaire takes us over if we was to ever get there. But in principle I still would not agree if we was to ever pay a player over 100 grand a week never mind 3.. thoughts.

Bear DCFC
26-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Unless there is a massive overhaul of rules/format/the football paradigm or like you say we are taken over by a Russian oligarch then I will not see Derby win the prem title in my lifetime. The current clubs ae way too powerful, even overcool struggle to break into the top 4 and they're a huge club. It's sad, but I'm over it- I think I'll miss the Championship if we ever got promoted.

paulo570
26-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Unless there is a massive overhaul of rules/format/the football paradigm or like you say we are taken over by a Russian oligarch then I will not see Derby win the prem title in my lifetime. The current clubs ae way too powerful, even overcool struggle to break into the top 4 and they're a huge club. It's sad, but I'm over it- I think I'll miss the Championship if we ever got promoted.

The whole start to the madness was bosman... At least money went to the clubs prior to that, rather than to agents and players and disappear out the game...if you want to get to the route cause , sort bosman!

OldRamsFan
26-01-2014, 08:19 PM
50k a week rise is way more than most people earn in a year.What the **** does he do with it?No one needs that amount of money!

triz
26-01-2014, 08:29 PM
I find it pretty funny that they're in uproar about this on the forest site. Do they not get what they are doing themselves!? last week they were all boasting about how they were going to spend millions on rhodes. How much were thay gonna buy austin for? ****ing clueless.

Smiggo
27-01-2014, 08:16 AM
Why does Ant and Dec, celebrity show hosts in case you don't know lol, get so much for a few weeks ****ing around in Australia?

swaledale
27-01-2014, 02:20 PM
True enough principles but in a free market this is what you get.

I don't buy the idea its Bosman that caused this, all he was doing was establishing a right for a player out of contract to be free to move where he wants.

If a club can sustain that then I dont have a problem, after all if Derby get in the prem and are able to have 5 players on A?50k a week, thats got to be better than investing A?300K a week in one player?

Whilst Tv companies are willing to spend obscene amounts of money to buy the rights to matches and punters are willing to stump up to pay for the right to watch these games, then players and agents are going to want their slice of the pie.

FFP is about losses not exceeding revenues, funny i noticed that man Citys match day revenues have magically doubled in one year! So clearly the scammers are at already.

keith_derby8
27-01-2014, 04:28 PM
i blame the greedy pigs at bt and sky for paying so much for live games >:(

the robbing barstewards at bt put my bill up 50% no doubt to pay for the champions league matches it will be the last bill i have with them i have changed my landline to another company who are 1 HUNDRED AND 30 POUNDS cheaper than them per year

triz
27-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Its pretty simple really...supply and demand

KeeptheCityGround
27-01-2014, 06:38 PM
I find it pretty funny that they're in uproar about this on the forest site. Do they not get what they are doing themselves!? last week they were all boasting about how they were going to spend millions on rhodes. How much were thay gonna buy austin for? ****ing clueless.

''They were all''
Or
Some

??

triz
27-01-2014, 07:26 PM
you got me... some

i will say we have had a hell of a lot of your lot on here since fawaz came over, boasting about your new spending prowess, how he owned every ferrari ever made and would therefore be spending millions upon millions. Not all, you are quite right, but enough of a percentage to make the moaning about rooney laughably hypocritical.

triz
27-01-2014, 07:28 PM
oh and the amount of forest fans we have had posting about how disgusted they are with their new over spending is tiny to none existence.

KeeptheCityGround
28-01-2014, 07:50 AM
Over spending?

You make it sound like we've spent 10 million or so. You forget we got around 3 million for Guedioura to Palace.

How are teams not blessed with parachute payments going to compete if spending 3 to 5 million a season is overspending?

I think you'll find that your club is quite high up in the spending steaks this season. Top youth players from Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs don't come cheap too.

Bear DCFC
28-01-2014, 07:56 AM
Genuine question about Forest as I'm no expert on you. Have you signed that striker Billy was crying out for just before the window opened?