PDA

View Full Version : FA cup draw

Trickytreesreds
26-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Blimey, some of the big guns have to go and the Prem clubs seemed to attract each other. :O

Manchester City v Chelsea
Sheffield United or Fulham v Nottingham Forest or Preston North End
Arsenal v Liverpool
Brighton & Hove Albion v Hull City
Cardiff City v Wigan Athletic
Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton Athletic
Sunderland v Southampton
Everton v Swansea City

essexred52
26-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Fixed, saying that if we get through it would be interesting if we get Sheffield utd

Trickytreesreds
26-01-2014, 07:02 PM
You reckon? :O

Trickytreesreds
26-01-2014, 07:04 PM
So, where you sitting at Wembley? :P

Polish_ForestMad
26-01-2014, 07:21 PM
i rung the fa after the game to tell them they had left the derby ball in the bag.silly me

essexred52
26-01-2014, 07:23 PM
So, where you sitting at Wembley? :P hopefully near the Derby fans so I can s*** the pips at something :O

Romanis
26-01-2014, 07:56 PM
i rung the fa after the game to tell them they had left the derby ball in the bag.silly me

Yeah I did too, they replied Derby are 'minding the gap' in the hope 4th place gets an auto to the Prem!:D :D :D

Romanis
26-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Fixed, saying that if we get through it would be interesting if we get Sheffield utd

I doubt this tie will ever take place, 1 or both of us will be eliminated.

Polish_ForestMad
26-01-2014, 08:10 PM

Yeah I did too, they replied Derby are 'minding the gap' in the hope 4th place gets an auto to the Prem!:D :D :D[/quote]
o right they just laughed at me and said they heard they were concentrating on the league.

triz
26-01-2014, 08:33 PM
...and that they had lost to chelsea :?

Polish_ForestMad
26-01-2014, 08:37 PM
...and that they had lost to chelsea :?
you were favourites to win though triz.

triz
26-01-2014, 08:39 PM
we weren't

Polish_ForestMad
26-01-2014, 08:47 PM
we weren't
my mistake pal.i listened to you lot to much about how well you were doing so i just assumed you were favourites.sorry

Romanis
26-01-2014, 09:06 PM
we weren't
my mistake pal.i listened to you lot to much about how well you were doing so i just assumed you were favourites.sorry[/quote]

Derby are always favourites before any match according to their fans.

After they perform like sheep, their fans will deny all previous statements on the former.

triz
26-01-2014, 09:13 PM
we weren't
my mistake pal.i listened to you lot to much about how well you were doing so i just assumed you were favourites.sorry[/quote]

Your mistake was in your reading. By my count it was nigh on %100 that said we were going to lose, telling fibs to prove a point hmmm? interesting.

Polish_ForestMad
26-01-2014, 09:19 PM
we weren't

Your mistake was in your reading. By my count it was nigh on %100 that said we were going to lose, telling fibs to prove a point hmmm? interesting.[/quote]
so where did i say you lot actually said you was going to win?what i was saying was at the point of playing chelsea you lot were bragging about your form.with how you were talking i assumed it would be a walk in the park for you.no fibs in that buddy.

triz
26-01-2014, 09:27 PM
here's my quote in regards to the chelsea game

I think it would've been chelsea B but now they're out of the league cup i think it'll be 50/50. There B team are all stars anyway, they have the 2nd best squad in the prem imo

and here's the prevailing opinion of our chances and our form (link)...

so all in all you're pretty wrong and your attempt at cussing us has failed on all fronts. So nice try, but a fail unfortunately Polish. - view external link (http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=181&fid=16&sty=2&act=1&mid=2111723320)

triz
26-01-2014, 09:31 PM
we weren't

Derby are always favourites before any match according to their fans.

After they perform like sheep, their fans will deny all previous statements on the former.[/quote]

i think you should read my link, i await your retraction B)

BigusDikus
26-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Is this just a five minute argument or do you want the full half hour? :D

UpTheRams1884
26-01-2014, 09:38 PM
PMSL epic fail there. We wasn't the 'favourite' against the best team in the world Chelsea nice try but we're not stupid like you!

:star:

Trickytreesreds
26-01-2014, 09:43 PM
PMSL epic fail there. We wasn't the 'favourite' against the best team in the world Chelsea nice try but we're not stupid like you!

Says DCM's equivalent of Magnus Magnusson

Polish_ForestMad
26-01-2014, 09:46 PM

chelsea the best team in the world?is that another fact?

BigusDikus
26-01-2014, 09:50 PM
I think he means Derby made them look like the best team in the world. XD

Manofpride
26-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Forest were favourites against Preston!!! XD XD XD

triz
26-01-2014, 09:58 PM
The best team in the world beats 2nd tier teams more than 2 nil me owd. Again nice try but another fail.

Trickytreesreds
26-01-2014, 10:00 PM
Forest were favourites against Preston!!! XD XD XD

Don't worry MOP, helps coming,

http://i43.tinypic.com/2qbswzq.jpg

Polish_ForestMad
26-01-2014, 11:33 PM
so there is more than 1 best team in the world then?

i961pie
27-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Looking at it from the outside --a cup run is great and you have a good chance of going further but the extra games could have a bearing on your chance of promotion to the prem.
Derby haven't got that problem.

RedOno
27-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Looking at it from the outside --a cup run is great and you have a good chance of going further but the extra games could have a bearing on your chance of promotion to the prem.

We don't normally have a cup run and that hasn't resulted in promotion.Perhaps this year we'll have a cup run and promotion. Does anyone know whether winning the cup nowadays entitles you to European Competition the following season? It used to.

gardsPNE
27-01-2014, 11:57 AM

We don't normally have a cup run and that hasn't resulted in promotion.Perhaps this year we'll have a cup run and promotion. Does anyone know whether winning the cup nowadays entitles you to European Competition the following season? It used to.[/quote]

You were thinking the same as me Red after seeing the draw and thinking there is half a chance of a quarter final place :D :D

The answer to your question is yes the FA cup winners get into the UEFA league as the pie munchers (Wigan) did last year.

i961pie
27-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Birmingham and Wigan both won cups but their league form nosedived afterwards. If you had a choice what would you prefer--win the cup or get to the prem.--Don't put both, one or the other?

KeeptheCityGround
27-01-2014, 06:18 PM
Birmingham and Wigan both won cups but their league form nosedived afterwards. If you had a choice what would you prefer--win the cup or get to the prem.--Don't put both, one or the other?

Win the cup because we've got no chance in hell of winning the greed league.