PDA

View Full Version : Williamson or Lowe

needle
26-01-2014, 07:30 PM
I`d go for Williamson . No one (except the idiot) ever has anything positive to say about Lowe . He is a truly terrible player , he breaks down more of our attacks than the oppositions .

champs95
26-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Not that Im a big fan of Williamson. Once Evans is back, id go with Williamson alongside him..
Next big problem is RB. Personally I'd have Lowe in there. Henley is too weak. And thats costing us points.
Not sure about Kane. Looked good last season, poor this, before suspension & injury. Plus hes back at Chelsea soon. And I wouldnt bother getting him perm.

AucklandRover
26-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Not that Im a big fan of Williamson. Once Evans is back, id go with Williamson alongside him..
Next big problem is RB. Personally I'd have Lowe in there. Henley is too weak. And thats costing us points.
Not sure about Kane. Looked good last season, poor this, before suspension & injury. Plus hes back at Chelsea soon. And I wouldnt bother getting him perm.

The problem with playing Lowe at full back, Champs, is that he is a poor timer of a tackle, so he gives away too many free kicks, and is always likely to be yellow-carded.
I understand Henley has had a couple of poor matches, but he did look good against Man City, and I would be inclined to persevere.
Obviously, he needs help from the right-sided midfielder, but it is difficult to call who that should be.
As I said on another thread, the line-up can be flexible - depending on venue, opposition and the match situation - but it is not clear, with Marshall out, who is the best perso

champs95
26-01-2014, 10:28 PM

The problem with playing Lowe at full back, Champs, is that he is a poor timer of a tackle, so he gives away too many free kicks, and is always likely to be yellow-carded.
I understand Henley has had a couple of poor matches, but he did look good against Man City, and I would be inclined to persevere.
Obviously, he needs help from the right-sided midfielder, but it is difficult to call who that should be.
As I said on another thread, the line-up can be flexible - depending on venue, opposition and the match situation - but it is

champs95
27-01-2014, 12:04 AM
...also I'd keep Dunn in every week, there in lies the problem. You can't play him every week, or even every month these days...

kennyK
29-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Williamson..No arguments. Willy may only be a lower league journeyman, but at least he is a footballer who can do the basics that a professional footballer can do. Lowe can't, he absolutely stinks.
Talking about him to a fellow Rovers fan the other day it was claimed that Lowe does a lot of work you don't see. Well I watch him intently every week and I do see what he does, which is Nowt.. He is lost on a professional football field.
The only reason I would have him at right back would be to get him out of our midfield, trouble is he can't head, cant tackle and has mastered the art of the hospital pass rifled 100 miles an hour back to the poor sod who just passed it to him, so it would be a a recipe for disaster. Last saw him play right back vs Millwall in the cup last year and he was garbage.
If we get him out of our side we have every chance of making the play offs. If we keep him in our side we have no chance at all.

He is our biggest problem by a country mile...

Bobcrompton1896
29-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Agreed,Williamson is a competent footballer,within his limitations...and for Blackburn a hell of a lot better midfielder than either Murphy or Etuhu(and a lot less expensive I understand)!
I think Lowe has his main value in scrappy dog-fights of football matches on heavy pitches,where he gets through an awful lot of running around :?
I just hope the club has made a mental note to NEVER EVER buy or sign any footballers(?) from Fulham again. :(