PDA

View Full Version : BBC Highlights

smokie_bacon_crisps
26-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Never a penalty kick! - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/25904107)

Bellevue
26-01-2014, 08:59 PM
After seeing those highlights it's pretty certain we were robbed of a result, it sure didn't look like a penalty.
Hope we can take positives from the match and move on up the league.

maroonie
26-01-2014, 09:10 PM
After seeing those highlights it's pretty certain we were robbed of a result, it sure didn't look like a penalty.
Hope we can take positives from the match and move on up the league.
Only Rangers at Ibrox would get a decision like that. If it had been at the other end our striker would have been booked for diving. How many times have you seen incidents like this or worse jersey pulling in the box and no penalty? Barry Cook should hang his head in shame for awarding that penalty. Absolute cretin of an official.

steeplejack
26-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Softest penalty decision ever, what I would ask the referee if I was Paul Sheerin is, IF it was a penalty, then surely it was preventing a goalscoring opportunity as Hammy was last man, so why wasn't he shown a straight red, was he even booked??

m4d_lichties
28-01-2014, 09:34 AM
First time I've seen it from that angle. Not a penalty!! Thought a referee had to be 100% sure to give a pen but he could never have been with that one. Remind anyone of anything?? Foul on Fraser Forster?? Was it b****cks.

Mr_Refhater
28-01-2014, 10:10 PM
I think it is ***** at this juncture, especially with Cookie on the field, to remind you of the old proverb: "Too many cooks spoil the broth". Or in this case spoil the bloody f***ing game!!!

maroonie
28-01-2014, 10:21 PM
[quote="Mr_Refhater". Or in this case spoil the bloody f***ing game!!![/quote]
Surprised it took you so long to comment on Saturday's game Mr R. Expected you to be first to put the boot into that incompetent clown Cook. Not the first time he had been crap in a game involving us. Pen at Methil when again Hammy was involved and red carded.

ectolichtie
28-01-2014, 11:29 PM
It is now plain to see that some younger referees are not able to cope with matches at Ibrox, we need to use senior officials there, there has been to many incidents this season for the good of the game

glasgowlichtie
29-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Robbed, im so sick of the old firm getting these very dodgy decisions, in the latter end of games whenever there drawing or losing.

Ive seen it for years with the top teams, suspect freekicks right on the edge of the box which lead to winners or equalizers for them. Or penalty's that shouldn't have even been penalty's.

Wasn't even a soft penalty, shouldn't have been called at all. Weak referring at best, at worst its a sham.

Encouraging display from the boys though, is the positive. Still robbed of a point that we crucially need.

Football Merchandise (http://www.footballmerchdirect.com)

broathrbest
29-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Just discovered brother Cook aka Saturdays ref , was on the books of original huns before they came sevco , surely ex players should not be attempting to ref their old clubs ! , only in Scotland

stan3600
29-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Just watched the highlights. Robbed. Shocking decision.

Mr_Refhater
29-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Surprised it took you so long to comment on Saturday's game Mr R. Expected you to be first to put the boot into that incompetent clown Cook. Not the first time he had been crap in a game involving us. Pen at Methil when again Hammy was involved and red carded.

Your quite right maroonie. A tad slow of the mark at the moment. In fact this has been my only response to the Rangers game, surprising considering how proud I am of the team at the moment!!!

Back to Cook however. In retrospect rather ill-advised of me to suggest during the game to you that "for once Cook seems to be on our side!". Feel like a real plonker now! Last time I'll ever make an even remotely positive statement about a ref!

I actually believed Barry Cook to be one of the poor, rather than extremely poor refs and yet he has been an absolute disgrace this season. He really seems to 'have it in' for us. I would go as far as question his integrity, as the decision mak

Mr_Refhater
29-01-2014, 11:26 PM
only in Scotland

In three words you have absolutely put it perfectly. This country never fails to bewilder and bloody anger, especially when it comes to domestic football.

I would like to add that also, only in Scotland would a football club get themselves into such a bloody mess. Get themselves so badly indebted, while so called 'smaller' clubs fade away into memory, and yet are saved under more and more clouded obscurity amongst the highest echelons of the Scottish F.A.

Mr_Refhater
29-01-2014, 11:32 PM
P.S. Mat Northcroft takes charge at Gayfield this Saturday. Now there's a we've not seen for some time. He's f***ing crap too as fellow Lichties may recollect!!!