PDA

View Full Version : Season so far

Rob_the_Ram
26-01-2014, 09:26 PM
At the start of the season, many were saying you need to give it until Christmas minimum until things start to become clear as to how we are doing. Now nearing the end of Jan and after playing everyone, we are still in a great position.

At the start of the season, we struggled against the top sides though stuffing the strugglers.
Then a great run upto Christmas against the lower sides.
Blip again against Wigan / Leicester at home (forget Chelsea).
Latterly, beating an improving Brighton at home and avoiding defeat at Blackburn. Both these teams have genuine play off ambitions.

I can't help thinking that the old saying "win at home and draw away and you won't be far away" is really apt for us in our current position.

With the gap between us and 7th created by our good run, away draws are good enough against the wannabe group 7th - 14th provided we don't drop silly points at home.

It would be a major disappointment to me now if we couldn't stay in the top six.
However I think we wil

triz
26-01-2014, 09:42 PM
I've been very impressed with how we responded to our recent losses. I felt our season depended on the brighton and blackburn games and 4 points is a decent response and we played well against b'burn by all accounts and could've won by the end. We seem to be able to get a bit of consistency going now which we haven't had for years so i feel the playoffs is a real possibility now. However IF we get there i think we will fall short as there will be some top top teams in there, but with our outlay in comparison to some of the financial dopers out there our season so far can be said to have been a huge success. To be above forest after there spending is fantastic.